Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"November 4th may very well be the day that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 616

"November 4th may very well be the day that

Nov 5, 2020, 8:08 AM

future historians point to as the day the USA fragmented to a point of no repair. No matter who is declared the "winner" half the country is already poised to refuse to accept those results as legitimate."

I posted that on 19 October 2020. So are we at a point of no repair between the two halves of the country?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO***

Nov 5, 2020, 8:13 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well they didn't accept it when Hilary lost last time

Nov 5, 2020, 8:15 AM

and they will have to get over it this time as well

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the point where Republicans start acting like democrats

Nov 5, 2020, 8:30 AM

Been saying this for YEARS....

That's when the wheels fly off. This is why Donald Trump is not the answer. Said that in 2016. He has brought Republicans DOWN to the level of democrats. He has utterly failed to bring democrats UP to the level of republicans. That is what Ronald Reagan did. Trump made things worse. This is what I really hoped would not be the case with him, but unfortunately, it is. Trump is just as big a symptom of our problem as Nancy Pelosi or AOC.

We elected a dog to fight dogs. Now we too are dogs. That's how the wheels fly off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At the point where Republicans start acting like democrats

Nov 5, 2020, 8:37 AM

That is a pretty good point.

But, I am not sure the democrats can be brought up. They fight dirty. That is in their nature.

We conservatives cannot just stand by and watch the democrats steal the country while we attempt to reform them. Some have said that means we should play dirty as well. Maybe that is happening.

With the MSM supporting democrats, it certainly puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth who still tunes into the networks.

The goal is to win hearts and minds, not electoral votes

Nov 5, 2020, 9:01 AM

or Congressional seats. You do the former, and the latter happens organically as a response. No one, even today, is preaching conservatism, as a political philosophy. No one mentions the merits of it. How it works best. Why it is important. The message has been lost to fighting. Trump has conservative rhetoric, but he can't explain WHY he does. He is just going to be conservative. That's the hollowness of someone taking advantage of a power vacuum and unrepresented people in a democracy, and not being sincere or grounded in beliefs. Even Rush Limbaugh doesn't preach conservatism anymore. It's all a fight to him as well.

Our unwillingness to accept loss, politically, economically, etc. will mean we collapse. The answer to this is something you oddly do not hear even Trump saying. He's just a conservative flavor of every other politician who says they will make your life better. Or that democrats are your problem. Or whatever. Until we get a honest politician who tells the people THEY ALONE have the power to take America back, and they actually win hearts and minds enough to cut spending (for example), or relinquish powers back to the states that have been taken, until government walks itself back, we have on hope.

Government is the problem, not the solution. Only one politician in my lifetime has ever uttered those words. Or anything like them. And to this day, no politician has ever reminded the voters that the government has no source of income OTHER THAN THE PEOPLE'S MONEY. How is someone who takes your money going to make your life better than you could make it yourself if you kept your own money?

The 14th and 16th Amendments set the stage for today. Each is antithetical to our founding and prone to abuse to the extent we have what we have today. Both were passed with the best of intentions. The same good intentions that pave the road to ####.

No political party can steal this country, if in fact we are still a good and decent people. That last part is the real kicker. Are we? Let me hop on social media and look around. Maybe turn on the news and see. Maybe take a look at the buggy-return at the grocery store. There's always church and Chic-Fil-A to give hope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was worried about that as well

Nov 5, 2020, 8:39 AM

But it looks like we'll have a clear winner and the cooler heads running the GOP will make the president accept the results.

I've actually been proud of how strong the system has been the last 48 hours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

*half* the country doesn’t think the result is illegitimate.

Nov 5, 2020, 8:53 AM

A small percentage on each side will actually think the election was stolen. Unfortunately their fears will be amplified and stoked by their respective media allies.

null

Most are in the middle and not extremes on either side

Nov 5, 2020, 9:19 AM

The extremes have and will continue to get all the news, because people in news biz have to pay their rent/mortgages.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Replies: 8
| visibility 616
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic