Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4 Team Playoff proves itself again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

4 Team Playoff proves itself again

Dec 8, 2019, 4:04 PM

As it always has. Teams 5, 6, 7 8 have proven themselves unworthy.

#leavewellenoughalone
#ifitaintbrokedontfixit

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 Team Playoff proves itself again

Dec 8, 2019, 4:08 PM

100% agree.
If it were 8 teams, we would be looking to add teams with 2 losses. That would cheapen our playoff

Agree, Oregon's fate show that it makes no sense to schedule a good team for OoC.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:19 PM

Had they not been so stupid to schedule Auburn, they would be in. I hope this serves as a warning that good out of conference schedules should not be the norm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree, Oregon's fate show that it makes no sense to schedule a good team for OoC.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:21 PM

Or if they didn't lose to a bad Arizona team they would be in.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Agree, Oregon's fate show that it makes no sense to schedule a good team for OoC.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:39 PM

If they lost to Arizona, I would agree. They lost to a decent 7-5 Arizona State team (4-5 conference) at ASU. And you make my point, one loss and Oregon would have been in. So no reason to schedule an Auburn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 1- loss Oregon team who played a cupcake rather than Auburn, but lost to ASU

Dec 8, 2019, 5:47 PM

would have a worse resume than OU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even in an 8-team format Oregon would have been out.

Dec 8, 2019, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Agree, Oregon's fate show that it makes no sense to schedule a good team for OoC. ]

Had they beat Auburn they would be in. They proved themselves unworthy of either over the season, and this is from someone who had them as a CFP pick pre-season (got us and LSU right).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your opinion is just as valid as anyone's regarding who

Dec 8, 2019, 4:09 PM

deserves to be in and who doesn't. Including mine or the CFP Committee's. Just know it's still an opinion, a judgement, like in beauty pageants.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Your opinion is just as valid as anyone's regarding who

Dec 8, 2019, 6:08 PM

FALLACY

Dec 8, 2019, 4:14 PM

I think Baylor, Oregon, Bama, Florida, and Wisconsin could all beat Oklahoma.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree***

Dec 8, 2019, 4:20 PM

Dec 8, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: 4 Team Playoff proves itself again ]

You think, but you don’t know. Plus, Baylor has already had 2 cracks at Oklahoma and lost both times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: 4 Team Playoff proves itself again ]

it would be funny if LSU doesn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

What you, I, or any experts think should not matter, and

Dec 8, 2019, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: 4 Team Playoff proves itself again ]

should not be the determining factor. It should be determined on the field by conference champions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 8, 2019, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: 4 Team Playoff proves itself again ]

Wrong. Baylor had two chances. Lost both times

Dec 8, 2019, 4:32 PM

Nah, give me 8 or 16 team playoffs

I like entertaining games. I want to see a cinderella run like in March Madness. The Patriots went 18-1 years back and SHOULDN'T have lost to the NY Giants but was that not a fun thing to watch?

Yall wanna squabble about regular season not meaning anything? Cut down games played.

Wanna complain about needing a 7 game home schedule? Manage the budget better

How many here complain about the conference schedule not featuring enough exciting games and tending to get disrespect? Cut the conferences down to like 4-6 team pod leagues and let's go.

Yes, what is mentioned above is way too simple to say, enact, and is obviously flawed like most things in life but we'd be kidding ourselves to say an expanded playoff would NOT be fun to watch.

You're telling me we need to wait almost 5-10 years before we see Clemson get some awesome matchups due to scheduling restrictions?

Pffff, give me the chance to watch Clemson go around the country to take on the top teams (whether that be a neutral site or home/away playoff games) on a yearly basis.

Ain't saying I'm not happy with what we have now, obviously the GOLDEN AGE of Clemson football and with hopefully the best yet to come ;) I'm enjoying every minute.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you still feel that way had we lost to UNC and been #5

Dec 8, 2019, 4:45 PM

8 team playoff is optimal in the current conference alignments in my opinion.

Considering how UGA almost got in...

Dec 8, 2019, 5:40 PM

4 might be too many!

Yes, leave it alone

Dec 8, 2019, 5:41 PM

Expansion will only seed further expansion?(a move 8 & the 9,10 teams cry & so on) Soon the CFP becomes a crapshoot, much like the NCAA BB TOURNEY.

If you don't like a 4 team playoff becasue you thought your

Dec 8, 2019, 6:10 PM

team deserved to get in, just win next year. That solves the problem (unless you are cfu lol)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic