Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is pulling a Mr. Miyagi on this recruiting class.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Dabo is pulling a Mr. Miyagi on this recruiting class.

Jul 1, 2018, 1:28 PM

Playing three-dimensional chess.

A few things to consider...

First - Largest class since Dabo crossed The Creek Twelvemile and entered Clemson. He and the whole shebang have seen this coming for a while, and we know how they like to prepare for things. It will be the largest exodus and influx of players Dabo and Company will have ever had in the program after this season. When a big part of your success lies in player leadership and program expectations, that kind of turnover presents and extra challenge. This is the next three to five years of more than a third of available scholarships throughout.

2019 started out with a bounty of 4-star dudes plus a 2-star lefty boomer punter who should count as one. From spring game through camp season, keeping in mind that even with a class of this size we're #1 when it comes to being stingy with offers, the staff focused in and went all in on guys that they wanted to coach and be part of the team that maybe weren't as high a priority elsewhere, and we got nearly all of them. The Nasty Nine. And it doesn't take much film of each to see why.

With 17 commits now, between the All-In Cookout, end of summer / pre-season, official visits (haven't taken any yet?), early signing day, and Groundhog Day-ish, the staff will gather up the remaining baker's dozen and we will have landed easily a top 5 class that will have a significant impact on the program for the foreseeable future.

And on top of that we have THIS season to enjoy. Man!

Happy July!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is pulling a Mr. Miyagi on this recruiting class.

Jul 1, 2018, 2:21 PM

So, wax on, wax off?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huzackly.***

Jul 1, 2018, 2:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep

Jul 1, 2018, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is pulling a Mr. Miyagi on this recruiting class. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're going to wax off the competition

Jul 1, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is pulling a Mr. Miyagi on this recruiting class. ]

as we put a new coat of wax on our shiny new trophy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2018, 2:25 PM

Jul 2, 2018, 6:11 AM

Dabo will have a handful of top players in his cap for the Dec. and Feb. signings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but

Jul 1, 2018, 3:06 PM

no GIF to rebut. Excellent points!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Oh OK, makes perfect sense; thanks great GuruofSpin****

Jul 1, 2018, 4:01 PM

Jul 1, 2018, 5:07 PM

Not sure how much Mr Miyagi knew about the game of football, but it's gotta be more than Mr Magoo.

Jul 1, 2018, 5:14 PM

Manafold made the exact same post last year with regard to all of the underrated coot commitments. Most of them were under the radar 5 stars

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry to see that

Jul 1, 2018, 5:59 PM

you would know that.

Probably confusing the role with Arnold, though. Short order cooks. An important part of life that should not be overlooked.

Agreed. One thing I'm sure of - Dabo didn't offer and then

Jul 1, 2018, 5:49 PM

take commitments from guys he didn't want, or out of desparation; He wants every one of these guys. I like the star ratings, I think they have merit in a general kind of way, and I certainly don't think they are meaningless. However, I've never been under the illusion that Dabo and crew pay any attention to them; they do their own evaluation and consider things that can't possibly be reflected in those ratings. He is going to sign guys that fit; guys that are not only super talented (obvious 4 and 5-stars), but guys that fill our needs, are coachable, and have potential. A lot of the time, those will be 4 and 5-stars; a lot of the time they won't. No worries; Dabo's record of recruiting, developing, building, and sustaining are beyond reproach as far as I'm concerned.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic