Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ajou Ajou = Terrell Owens (body & running style)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,027

Ajou Ajou = Terrell Owens (body & running style)

Oct 21, 2020, 11:37 AM

Ajou Ajou runs like Terrell Owens. About the same body type too. Though thank fully Ajou has a different personality than TO. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ajou Ajou = Terrell Owens (body & running style)

Oct 21, 2020, 11:40 AM

I've heard the same description used for Ngata.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 11:52 AM

Growing up in the 90s was a tough time to be a young Tiger fan. Glad the loyalty is paying off. We have two young players we are able to compare to a HOF wide receiver. And they're not even starting (though I know Ngata probably would start with the injury to Justin Ross).

Oct 21, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Ajou Ajou = Terrell Owens (body & running style) ]

Agree about Ngata. He has TO's body and is a physical powerhouse on the field.

It's too early for me to get a read on Ajou. He has a lot of skill and physical development in front of him and just learning more about the game of football. Eventually the rawness will go away and he'll settle into something we can quantify. I'll keep watching.

Oct 21, 2020, 7:01 PM

Ajou is reportedly "very coachable"! He has that drive according to Coach Swinney, that will make him put in extra time in order to get better!
He is developmental to American football as he is still not used to "not getting running starts" like they do in Canadian football.

Once this kid figures it out and puts it all together - he's going to be beastly!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Ajou Ajou = Terrell Owens (body & running style) ]

Rawness ... yes. But that catch and run Sat was the best effort from a Clemson skill player in 2020 IMHO. Put him to work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 1:00 PM

I hadn't thought about it, but you're right. Thankfully, he doesn't appear to have the TO mentality. I'm sure Dabo wouldn't "cotton" to that.

Ruh Roh. You mean we have to worry about

Oct 21, 2020, 7:05 PM

him breaking down at some point, bawling his eyes out, crying "That's my quarterback, man, that's my QUARTERBACK!"

Owens was another receiver who shortened his career because of personality issues, not because of failing physical ability. A kinder, gentler Antonio Brown, if you will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 8:24 PM

He will be all American before he leaves Clemson!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 8:36 PM

He will be all American before he leaves Clemson!!!!

The All American "from Canada"! Following in the footsteps of Chuba Hubbard and Jesse Palmer!

Oct 21, 2020, 8:44 PM

He’s more like tall Jerry Rice with the flexibility of being a dancer. He’s going to make a name for himself that’s for sure.

Ajou Ajou the crowd yells!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 21, 2020, 8:57 PM

He’s more like tall Jerry Rice with the flexibility of being a dancer. He’s going to make a name for himself that’s for sure.

Ajou Ajou the crowd yells!!

HS - seems like what Dabo likes more about him is his humble ness! And his ability to be coached. And his self awareness as it relates to "all the work he has to put in"! And the following is true of pretty much all of the kids this staff recruits: "you won't have to worry about him feeling entitled"! He seems like a real grinder and is said to be a likable dude!

It's a blessing to be a fan of a program with kids who are about the right things. I am sure we are no different than any other school and have some who are not angels. But, judging off what you consistently see from a Dabo Swinney and company coached team - these kids are respectful and humble! Which is just outstanding!

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,027
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic