Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who looks worse after this weekend? FSU or CU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,214

Who looks worse after this weekend? FSU or CU?

Nov 23, 2020, 10:33 AM

Looking at it from a national perspective. I know how it looks around here, and I'm pretty sure I know how it looks in Tallahassee. But in the rest of the world, where they don't get the full story and frequently only read the headlines, how is it playing? If you only read the headlines, you see "FSU/Clemson Postponed Due to COVID Concerns" or something like that. Then you read "Clemson Coach Says Cancellation Wasn't About COVID" it makes us/Dabo look really petty. Knowing the full story, because all of us are invested in Clemson and interested, we know there's a lot more to it, but just wondering how it's playing in the rest of the country and what people are saying.

I even have some FSU friends who think they used it as a cop-out, but in this world where people are not just cautious about COVID, but downright fearful and panicky, some people hear COVID and they think stop, drop and roll like you're on fire and any measures to prevent the spread or an outbreak are fully warranted and understandable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To the rest of the country, it will look however the sports

Nov 23, 2020, 10:36 AM

media wants to spin it. And we already know how the media handles anything Dabo says.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

to me, which is the only opinion that matters to me, FSU

Nov 23, 2020, 10:37 AM

looks real bad. could care less what anybody else thinks

Re: Who looks worse after this weekend? FSU or CU?

Nov 23, 2020, 10:38 AM

I wouldn’t care if the decision was made mutually or before Clemson traveled and everything. However it wasn’t and I don’t care how it looks nationally.

All depends on what viewpoint people are looking at it from

Nov 23, 2020, 10:45 AM

Anyone from the anti-Dabo or Covid groups are just going to use it as more ammo.

Nov 23, 2020, 10:46 AM

Given the amount of effort the average person will put into researching this, it's likely that Clemson ends up with a worse national image from this - anything remotely associated with leniency regarding Covid is going to be demonized. Fine with me though; anybody that really reads and thinks it through will see that Clemson didn't do anything wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2020, 10:52 AM

Who cares what the media says? The media spins everything to meet the outcome they prefer. In this case Clemson needs to be taken down a few notches.
Much like FSU, the media is worthless.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Nov 23, 2020, 10:58 AM

I was really anxious to see which direction the media would take this. Actually, to my relief, they have not taken many jabs at Dabo. It is more “ Yea, FSU didn’t want to play and Dabo is pissed”, at least up until now.

FSU’s firm stance on not playing the game at all and their internal circumstances make this seem more than a little sketchy and even the average fan smells it. That, I believe, has caused the media to steer clear of the jugular. What a touchy subject with all these openly Dems and Libs running around these days BUT the way Dabo handled the situation makes me a proud Tiger.

Love me some Dabo. Go Tigers, sweep the schedule and beat some faith back into those Catholics! Then Natty.

Nov 23, 2020, 11:05 AM

I'm guessing Clemson will draw the ire of those who only obtain information through 1-line social media news. (Sadly this is much of our country)

Those in the media who can make a quick post about it, never visit the topic again and watch the fire, will likely feed into the anti-Clemson narrative on this.

For anyone who has to actually go on TV or write a story about it, I'm not sure there are enough facts on the side of FSU to paint Clemson in an overly negative light.

There just isn't a detailed discussion that can take place using the information at hand to make this look worse for Clemson than for FSU.

SWOFFORD!!! That N.o C.ount No-Nad needs to go...***

Nov 23, 2020, 11:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,214
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic