Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Announcers Sleeping On Frank Ladson!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,604

Announcers Sleeping On Frank Ladson!

Sep 14, 2020, 7:17 PM

E.J. Williams, Amari Rogers, Joseph Ngata, Ajou Ajou, Brannon Spector, Cornell Powell. . . . . . . yes, Justin Ross is a great loss! Great player!

I think they are sleeping on the WR group minus Ross! Ladson and NGata alone are beast in the making! Amari will be the next Steve Smith if he catches on to the right team in the NFL.
I like all the WR talent even some not mentioned above. We have a group that isn't as dynamic; but that might help us!
I know many people have strong feelings against Cam Newton - but after he lost his main target for the 2015 season - he became a much better QB because he didn't "lock in" on the so called #1 WR as much. Won a league MVP and took the Panthers to the SB. Trevor is already good so that isn't the point; just that "the potential for that happening won't even be there now"!
I would put Ngata, Ladson and Rogers star rating up against anybody else's WR group star rating! We have talent in the WR room announcers even w/o Ross!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Announcers Sleeping On Frank Ladson!

Sep 14, 2020, 7:49 PM

I liked what I saw from Brannon Spector in his limited play. Other starting WRs just need to step it up. Ladson dropped some good passes Saturday. Been waiting for several years for Powell to emerge. It’s now or never.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 8:03 PM

Powell seems to get lost and is not physical enough should want the ball a fifth year senior.

Hope he proves me wrong

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 8:06 PM

Agreed! He came in with a lot of fanfare and potential; but just hasn't put it all together! He certainly has the raw ability to be a playmaker!

As stated earlier - he is among those that need to step it up a bit! But, drinking the Orange Kool Aid, I think C. Powell "WILL" figure it out and have a solid to good season!

Sep 14, 2020, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Announcers Sleeping On Frank Ladson! ]

Agreed!

Didn't Spector kind of for a quick second bring back Hunter Renfrow / Adam Humphrey memories? If his hands are as good he will be the next slot WR to come out of CU. Sure handed guys who make the tough catches are irreplaceable!

Ladson will get it - he needs to get more physical and more "Alpha" when the ball is in the air! With his range that should be his every time.

Ngata - will have a breakout year! Watch and see. I think he has the potential to be the best ever(physical attributes based comment). He just has to become more consistent and work on nuances of the position.

Amari will be solid for us! I wouldn't trade any WR on our roster!

Sep 14, 2020, 8:17 PM

If these kids can do half of what Ross did as a true freshman I would be happy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ross Didn't Take off Until Late!

Sep 14, 2020, 8:53 PM

Remember now - Ross had a pretty pedestrian Freshman year up until about the last 3 - 4 games when he basically became unguardable.

I think Ajou has a chance(late like Ross did) and Ngata will have a breakout year!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,604
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic