Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Twitter reacts to postponement of Clemson-FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Twitter reacts to postponement of Clemson-FSU

Apr 20, 2012, 2:19 PM

Twitter reacts to postponement of Clemson-FSU

Saturday's Clemson-Florida State game was postponed three hours before kickoff. Obviously, social media was abuzz as fans, media, players, and others were excit Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Twitter reacts to postponement of Clemson-FSU

Nov 21, 2020, 10:42 AM

"It should be a forfeit, not postponement"

DJ's father is spot on. I'm looking at this as a chicken sh** cop out from FSU. FSU should be forced to play at Clemson instead of FSU in December!!!!!!!!!

FSU....may be my most disliked team now

Nov 21, 2020, 11:05 AM

Florida State will never live this down with Clemson fans. Never ever. That’s just the truth.

— Kelly Gramlich (@kellygramlich) November 21, 2020

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Floridian and a CU alum......welcome!**

Nov 21, 2020, 1:01 PM

Nm

Nov 21, 2020, 11:12 AM

Just like the Coots. That's all I have to say about that.

Nov 22, 2020, 12:24 PM

I love a good dig on the Coots just as much as the rest of us, but in all fairness, they were the one SEC school that voted to play out of conference games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay, I'm old and not hip ...

Nov 21, 2020, 11:15 AM

I don't understand Danny Kanell's tweet. Is that suppose to disparage Clemson? Was it sarcasm that I missed?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Yes - missed sarcasm...***

Nov 21, 2020, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okay, I'm old and not hip ...

Nov 21, 2020, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Okay, I'm old and not hip ... ]

We now consider Coach Norvell as Vladimer Harkonnen. We are going to pull his heart plugs and feed him to the Worm.

Nov 21, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Okay, I'm old and not hip ... ]

I don't understand Danny Kanell's tweet. Is that suppose to disparage Clemson? Was it sarcasm that I missed?

I'll help

That phrase translation... That clemson didn't want to play FSU..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Okay, I'm old and not hip ... ]

Danny is a former FSU QB...sort of like the coots saying they were going to break the streak this year AFTER they found out they didn't have to play us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 1:34 PM

He was completely joking. He knows people know that he played at FSU and is an FSU fan, so he was making a joke. He is always talking about how bad FSU is now and how great Clemson is. It was 100% complete sarcasm.

Nov 21, 2020, 11:54 AM

When they do play, I can just hear the clucking (chicken) noises coming from both our OL and DL, as they beat the tar out of them. Good grief, messed up my whole afternoon!

Nine Buses?

Nov 21, 2020, 12:46 PM

From that clip of the team leaving the hotel it showed nine buses if I counted correctly. Is that normal for the team to use that many or is it due to the Covid restrictions. My thinking is that maybe they included the band. Isn't the traveling squad limited to 85 players or some other number. It just seemed odd to me that the team even with the coaches and their wives and children (if they go) managers etc. would need nine buses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nine Buses?

Nov 21, 2020, 12:59 PM

COVID distanced. Requires more buses. They are traveling at about 1/3 to 1/2 capacity

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Nine Buses? ]

No band on the road this year. Normal years the band travels by bus to the FSU game.

Nov 21, 2020, 8:48 PM

And it takes about 8 full buses for Tiger Band and cheerleaders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 1:11 PM

LOL at Larry Williams post.

If I am Clemson I am not paying $300k again to go down there again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quote of this story:

Nov 21, 2020, 1:19 PM

Larry Williams
@LarryWilliamsTI
Some of you will get this: If Clemson and FSU played 10 times, FSU would back out five times.
10:15 AM · Nov 21, 2020

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Excellent!

Nov 21, 2020, 1:23 PM

??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 1:21 PM

Thanks to all of you guys that have spoken the truth. I do see the game being played Dec. 12. I think that FSU should come to Clemson to play. That’s only fair. Another question, will the ACC be sure Clemson is reimbursed for the cost of traveling for the game? If the game is played at FSU, they should pay Clemson’s expenses. Go Tigers!

Nov 22, 2020, 10:57 AM

I’m shocked so much concern for FSU player health wasn’t shown the week of their big matchup with Miami. You know, when their Head Coach Norvell tested positive Friday before the game and had to miss the walkthrough practice.
Better call the Braves bullpen to Tallahassee, cause the Noles are in serious need of some b@//$.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic