Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We will probably have to play someone on 12/12
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,876

We will probably have to play someone on 12/12

Nov 30, 2020, 9:18 AM

If canes win vs Duke, they will still have only 1 loss and still in conference race for Charlotte.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see why that would matter

Nov 30, 2020, 9:27 AM

Miami had their chance when they played Clemson. They controlled their own destiny. They failed...miserably.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nope.***

Nov 30, 2020, 9:29 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope, we have head to head***

Nov 30, 2020, 9:29 AM

Re: LOL, please explain how since we already beat those

Nov 30, 2020, 9:30 AM

idjits head-to-head. I'm waiting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: LOL, please explain how since we already beat those

Nov 30, 2020, 10:47 AM

Of course we have the head to head.

The Canes would want us to play on 12/12 as it is possible (not likely at all) that we could lose. Also ND would want us to play.

The Buckeyes assume every game is a win too.

Don't think so

Nov 30, 2020, 9:35 AM

Miami has a game scheduled for 12/19 that will only be played if it has no impact on the standings. So as far as standings go they will at most have played the same number of games as us (if we play this weekend).

Now for rankings inside the league that doesn't really matter as we will be eligible (by having already played 8 games which will have to be within one of the average) and at that point it goes to number of losses and then head to head.

But, from the fairness aspect the ACC doesn't really have a leg to stand on to force a game as Miami will have AAT MOST played the same number of games as us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you're right

Nov 30, 2020, 12:01 PM

I think that, if Clemson is ABLE to play on 12/12 (against somebody - supposed to be FSU but who knows if they're even going to be playing by then), and if that game can impact who goes to CLT (it can since we're out if we lose), then I can see why the ACC might make us play the game.

If FSU has shut down football season on 12/12 (entirely possible), I don't think we should be forced to pick up some random ACC team to play against. But the ACC might do that - they may say "uh, well, you should just play Duke" and force us to play that game. And if FSU is still operational, I think they'll tell us we have to make that game up.

I don't think the number of games Miami has played will have anything to do with it.

I guess we'll see...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope you're right

Nov 30, 2020, 12:20 PM

To expect the ACC to act at all is unlikely at this point.Leave decisions to the new commissioner.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They HAVE to act one way or the other

Nov 30, 2020, 12:35 PM

They either cancel our game 12/12 or don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would ND give up a game?

Nov 30, 2020, 12:44 PM

Notre Dame is scheduled to play on 12/12/20 against Wake. Will they just turn down the revenue in order to rest in this pandemic year? If they play will it be an unfair advantage to Clemson who does not have a game that weekend and can just rest up? Will ND say it's unfair and inform the league "they need to find Clemson a game to make it fair"?

A bunch of moving parts in this - but I think you just cancel ND game on 12/12/20 unless it's possible another team could benefit from a possible no matter how unlikely loss! Miami would want every possible scenario played out because they have only lost to Clemson and probably feel they deserve every chance.

Being that ND and Miami didn't play wouldn't the highest ranked team be the tiebreaker? It would still be ND in that case.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They HAVE to act one way or the other

Nov 30, 2020, 3:51 PM [ in reply to They HAVE to act one way or the other ]

We don’t have a game scheduled on 12/12 to cancel. HTH

Re: I hope you're right

Nov 30, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I hope you're right ]

I hope it wouldn't be Duke. I sure would hate to see Skalski hit poor Chase! Yikes.

At this point, ND-Wake might get canceled...

Nov 30, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to I hope you're right ]

Wake has the Covid stuff going on....and I could see the league letting that one go and having both Clemson and Norte Dame getting a bye before the ACCCG.
Best case scenario, IMO.
Both teams on equal plane...both with byes...should be a great football game.

David Hood addressed this a couple of weeks ago

Nov 30, 2020, 12:46 PM

And before Bob can beat me to it, yes I have a link ;)

https://tigernet.com/story/Clemson-still-controls-path-to-ACC-Championship-Game-19250

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We will probably have to play someone on 12/12

Nov 30, 2020, 4:44 PM

It will probably be a powerhouse team like New Mexico State or Akron. Just ask the Coots.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,876
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic