Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Balloons once a season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,120

Balloons once a season

Feb 15, 2020, 4:06 PM

Can we start there? Seems reasonable to me.

Heck.. if we want to be eco-purists let's make the players walk to the top of the hill.. and on and on.. where does it end?

I hate to break it you eco-purists, but yes, human beings do consume some of the natural world. The device you're reading this post on was created by energy and material harvested from nature. You'll get over it I'm sure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems a reasonable compromise actually

Feb 15, 2020, 4:10 PM

Homecoming tradition only

Re: seems a reasonable compromise actually

Feb 15, 2020, 4:34 PM

And to make the eco freaks happy, pair it with a community trash pick up throughout the upstate. Kinda like buying carbon offsets so they can take your money and someone is “supposed to” plant a tree somewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I was actually going to suggest that. Place micro-beacons in every

Feb 15, 2020, 4:46 PM

balloon and have jailed criminals go find each and every one of them. That would fix it.

My tennis club at Clemson once picked up trash

Feb 15, 2020, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: seems a reasonable compromise actually ]

on one side of death valley after the loss to Miami in 2010. It took like 6 hours because there was only about 15 of us.

no! several turtles and birds will die.

Feb 15, 2020, 4:44 PM

It's a proven, data-backed truth that our balloon releases have killed scores of animals over the decades. If there has been one, there have been thousands of creatures that have died! Maybe even hundred of thousands, pushing these poor killed-by-balloon creatures to the brink of extinction! Look at the evidence! Verified animal deaths with balloons in their system. Millions recorded around the world everyday from the evil which is a helium balloon. Just the other say I saw a bird on the internet with a balloon string tangled around his legs. Proof! And one dead turtle or bird with a balloon sticking out of his mouth is one too many!

Re: no! several turtles and birds will die.

Feb 15, 2020, 5:06 PM

Link to data verifying Clemson balloons killed something?

By the way, Clemson doesn’t put strings on the balloons. I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or your religion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

100% sarcasm.

Feb 15, 2020, 5:18 PM

I used to live near a lake where a road split two sides of the lake. Turtles would try to cross that road everyday, and inevitably I'd see squashed tturtles. Dozens of them. I am going venture a guess that more turtles were killed on that road in one summer then the total amount of turtles killed by our balloon releases, in the history of our balloon releases. Maybe we should be talking about not driving on that road or making a turtle tunnel instead of bickering about biodegradable balloons?

Feb 15, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to no! several turtles and birds will die. ]

“If there has been one, there have been thousands”.
Huh? So much for your scientific data. If there has been one, then there has been ONE.
And by the way, scores over several decades is far from a travesty. A score is 20. One frog or bird per year? Sorry, but not buying it.

Feb 16, 2020, 12:01 AM

Never mind Savage. My sarcasm meter was temporarily busted.
LOL.

The same "eco purists" who came up with banning balloons

Feb 16, 2020, 9:04 AM

are all driving Tahoes or taking trips in fuel guzzling private jets to places like Charleston.....from Columbia....I assure you.

Hypocrites - most of the "ecological stewards" are.

Liberal rules are because "they say so," not because they actually help anything, while they do what they want. The rules are for everyone else.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

As cool as they were to watch launch on those perfect

Feb 16, 2020, 12:54 PM

fall Death Valley days, I've always been hit with how much littering has been entailed with it, outside of the animal welfare thing. I mean, hundreds of thousands of balloons have to fall out of the sky somewhere at some point. Just never added up that it was fully okay to do that.

As an engineering school with incredible resources, I'm hoping we can introduce something similar with mini drones or such that can help fill the void.

Onward and upward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,120
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic