Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama vs Clemson 2017
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Bama vs Clemson 2017

Jan 1, 2017, 12:28 PM

Last year I told people Clemson would score 30+ on Bama and win it big or lose close. All the people I told that laughed. This year after watching both teams all year I can safely say I like Clemsons chances even better.
Here's why:
A. Only 1 freshmen QB has beaten Clemson under Venables. (Winston) Hurts doesn't throw with anticipation or very accurately.
B. Joseph and O'Daniel can cover the TE, Goodson and Boulware got abused by him last year and this year Ben is rarely in man and mainly blitzes.
C. Clemsons DL will be the second best and second deepest the Bama OL has seen, second only to Bamas own DL. Alabama's OL is slooooow and only good at moving north and south, D-Law, Pagano, and Watkins will dominate the middle.
D. Deshaun Watson will run for 100+ yds easy. Bama leaves huge lanes left by the blitz and they play too much man to man. If Washington had a remotely athletic QB he could have stepped up in the pocket and gotten first down after first down.
E. The passing game will roll after Bama starts running zone defense to stop DW4 from scrambling which they are honestly not built to do. Their DBs are coached very much like the Clemson dbs, they like to play close and personal because they aren't left on an island long due to the amount of blitzing they run.

Only way Clemson loses is if DW4 turns it over more than 2 times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Bama vs Clemson 2017

Jan 1, 2017, 12:36 PM

I like the way you think!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama vs Clemson 2017

Jan 1, 2017, 12:51 PM

All good points...some others to consider.

1. The defensive front for Bama is insanely good, however they are not nearly as deep this year as last. We had them gassed by the third quarter last year with their depth, so the game plan is already in place to do it again.

2. We had NO deep threat last year, as Cain was out. This year presents another significant element for the Bama D to contend with having both MW and DC. Bama is athletic, fast and long but will be spread out more than any other time this year.

3. They will have to make a decision to keep a guy in the box to contain Watson, or keep 6/7 guys back for defending the pass. It will take an extremely disciplined game from their D to be successful if Clemson is hot.

4. LSU/Florida/Washington all had defensive success against their offense. Those teams have pretty good d's. The difference? Those teams don't have an offense to keep the defense rested. Bama broke these teams down over the course of the game. We have a huge advantage over these teams here.

Point is...Clemson, when focused, is every bit the team that Bama is. It showed last year and it shows this year. Now we just have to go claim what is rightfully ours.

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic