Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Black people
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 295

Black people

Oct 16, 2020, 5:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngtWYV3pG00

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Black people

Oct 16, 2020, 5:48 AM

Why is that edited so choppy?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2020, 5:55 AM

She's editing out pauses most likely. Been there done that. Makes the video shorter if you have a talking style that pauses a lot.

You may not notice it on yourself until you make a video and want it to be as short as possible.

Oct 16, 2020, 5:58 AM

Makes it odd to watch. She probably has some great points, but makes me not want to watch.

Oct 16, 2020, 7:37 AM

Sure... that’s the reason! ??

Oct 16, 2020, 8:10 AM

What other reason would there be? I listened to it all. What problem would I have with what she stated?

She's 100% right about the "toxic culture"!!!

Oct 16, 2020, 7:55 AM

Her points are "spot on". Good find Neal.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2020, 8:08 AM

In this divided world, there is one thing that unites us all. Black or white, boomer or zoomer, rich or poor, I'm 100% not listening to your youtube monologue.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's absolutely right...

Oct 16, 2020, 8:25 AM

When it comes to the social construct of race and the absurdities behind it. Now, our resident P&R right wingers with racial issues need to pump the brakes; she's not on their side nor is she validating any of their beliefs. In fact, much of what she listed condemns their arguments they post here:

-Ideas that blacks are more violent (argued last week)
-Nitpicking crimes over race just as Touch_The_Rock did this morning.
-Stereotypes about black culture. I haven't seen this as much lately, but over the history of this board, it's been a problem.

The absurd idea of race was created by European "whites" centuries ago to justify slavery and colonization. It's one of the most harmful inventions of mankind. I would invite all folks to check out National Geographics race issue a few years ago where one photographer matched peoples' skin color to Pantones, and then put them all in a color array. It was amazing just how the pigments flowed from one to the other, showing how race isn't what we think it is.

Again, this woman shouldn't be slung around as an "Ah ha! African American woman speaking against BLM! Got em!" kind of look. She's shattering perceptions and ideology that's embraced by both liberals and conservatives.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 8
| visibility 295
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic