Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFP Delayed???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

CFP Delayed???

Nov 13, 2020, 9:01 AM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30308874/big-12-commissioner-bob-bowlsby-says-college-football-playoff-delay-being-discussed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CFP Delayed???

Nov 13, 2020, 9:07 AM

Get ready guys... These types of delays will be happening on a regular basis from now on. Amazing that a virus which affects the old and weak could change the life of everyone in the world. Everything has now changed. Better learn to live with it, or you'll just be miserable for the rest of your life.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

There are more than enough old and weak people out there

Nov 13, 2020, 9:38 AM

to overwhelm the healthcare system that all of us depend on, if enough of them get sick at the same time.. but the good news is it sounds like we'll have a vaccine by next year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not trying to "rain on the vaccine parade" but ..........

Nov 13, 2020, 10:06 AM

what exactly will that do?

Don't get me wrong it's great to have a vaccine, but you see how insane the world is on "being exposed" and spreading. How's a vaccine going to prevent those w/o a vaccine from continued spread?

I'm assuming stadiums, concerts, etc... will require proof of a vaccine? otherwise, what's the point?

Most people will be willing to get vaccinated

Nov 13, 2020, 10:35 AM

and the ones who aren't will likely be protected by herd immunity.

This article is a few months old now, but suggests we could get to that point before even half the population has been vaccinated:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200626/herd-immunity-threshold-could-be-as-low-as-43-percent

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not trying to "rain on the vaccine parade" but ..........

Nov 13, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to not trying to "rain on the vaccine parade" but .......... ]

Saw just today Ticketmaster may require proof of Vacs or a 48 to 72 hour negative COVID test to enter into a venue.

Nov 13, 2020, 9:28 AM

When it comes down to it, nothing should surprise any of us with how the season plays out.

Nov 13, 2020, 9:37 AM

Hopefully this doesn't happen. Because the Rose Bowl is in California, I can see that decision being made by the Governor. With a good number of players graduating in December and some trying to get ready for the draft, a delay into February would potentially be a big issue if it's more than a couple of weeks. The hits keep on coming! One of Biden's medical advisors is openly discussing closing things down for 6 weeks. Says the government can cover all the missing paychecks and economic losses. Who would have thought all we needed was a huge printing press? Hopefully we get to see the CFP to a conclusion with our Tigers taking it all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sooner better than later IMO***

Nov 13, 2020, 10:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic