Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson isn’t going to be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,456

Clemson isn’t going to be

Nov 16, 2020, 4:34 PM

The Clemson we are accustomed to until they can get the running game going featuring Travis. Teams have learned to take ETN out of the picture and it is working. The young QB has been effective throwing the ball but that wasn’t enough against a ND caliber team. It’s easy to spot the Tigers weakness. Syracuse did. BC did and the Irish certainly did. Number nine hasn’t been a factor in recent games. DJ wasn’t able to throw enough TDs against Notre Dame. Lawrence coming back will help but rushing yards really make that passing game easier. I just don’t understand why things didn’t change a little with Lawrence out. Apparently the tight ends just aren’t good enough to catch or block.
We are fortunate that FSU is having a poor year. I hope we can see a different team in the panhandle Saturday. FSU was good enough to beat the Tarheels so they will not roll over Saturday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't You Worry.....By The Championship Phase This Team Will

Nov 16, 2020, 4:36 PM

Find a Way to get clicking 100%. Have faith young Padawan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson isn’t going to be

Nov 16, 2020, 5:07 PM

Let's hope that the week off allowed the coaches to find some solutions. It's hard to imagine the OL getting to a point during this season of dominating or anything, but hopefully they can at least improve to a point of being average.

I think having Lawrence back does help the run game in some ways. Defenses having to account for Lawrence in the running game as part of the RPO can open things up a bit, and Lawrence himself is also capable of picking up yards with his legs. We didn't run the RPO with DJU, which was perhaps either due to the coaches wanting to keep things simple for him since he's still learning the plays, or due to the shoulder injury he was dealing with, or perhaps a combination of both.

Keep in mind that the running game has had trouble being consistent pretty much all season, but ETN averaged at least 5.2 yards per carry in every game with Lawrence this season except for the GT game where he only had 11 carries which went for 44 yards.

In the BC game without Lawrence he had 4.2 yards per carry, and against ND he had 1.6. ND keeping him that low was also helped by the fact that they have a very talented front 7, but I'd have to imagine the numbers wouldn't have been quite as ugly with Lawrence in the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ hasn't seen depth chart for this week***

Nov 16, 2020, 5:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,456
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic