Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cold light of day observations from last night.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 376

Cold light of day observations from last night.

Nov 8, 2020, 8:49 AM

First, as APM said yesterday, this season is all gravy. That we're playing at all is remarkable. Between COVID and injuries, it's all a crap shoot, so APM is not taking any of it too seriously. This season has a giant asterisk beside it. Last night is a great example. TLaw and Skalski were badly missed. But so what? By the time we get the rematch with the Irish, they may have many players out. And look at your Penn States, your Oklahomas, etc. Remember, there was no spring practice and delayed fall camp. It is all a crap shoot. We have held up better than most. That said, here are some real talk observations:

1) Bad play calling and game management by Dabo and TE at times, but none worse than at the end of regulation. At a minimum you hand it off three times, run the clock and punt. At best you try a play you have in your back pocket like the one we have with Powell on 4th down before ND jumped. Of course ETN should not have run out of bounds, but the series wasn't on him.

2) DJU is slow. 250 lbs will do that to a man. We've been spoiled by DW4 and TLaw's running abilities. We will miss that after TLaw leaves.

3) DJU is GOOD. Should have won the game and he should have been this year's Chase Brice. Great performance young man.

4) TLaw looked like COVID had put a whuppin' on him. If it can make a young Adonis like him look sallow, imagine what that sh*t could do to one of us.

5) Lord we miss Skalski.

6) Our OL just isn't great. In other news, water is wet.

7) We won the second half. Great adjustments on the D side especially. Should have won the game. BV is the best ever.

8) Awful officiating and the replays were excessive. Duh.

9) As I stated last night, I hope we are never televised by NBC again. Tony Dungy's voice is torture. He knows the game, no doubt. But his voice is hard to listen to. I eventually turned the sound off. Tirico is good. Always has been.

10) Time to heal up and play out the season. Hopefully we get ND again in the ACCCG. If so, and IF we have our full squad back, I like us HUGE in the rematch.

Message was edited by: ATL PAW MAN®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom line to me is we have a lead and the ball

Nov 8, 2020, 8:55 AM

with 2 minutes left and cannot put it away it what pissed me off.

Other than that, I was pleased with our efforts, considering so many key players out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's the bottom line, yes.***

Nov 8, 2020, 8:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And had it at midfield. CCU should win from there.***

Nov 8, 2020, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Bottom line to me is we have a lead and the ball ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were televised on NDC not NBC.....

Nov 8, 2020, 9:35 AM

Notre Dame Channel. hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cold light of day observations from last night.

Nov 8, 2020, 9:38 AM

Great post APM. My thoughts on the replay officials. I think when they missed the ND fumble return for a TD, they went overboard trying to make sure they didn’t miss another one. Unfortunately it did not workout for them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cold light of day observations from last night.

Nov 8, 2020, 10:34 AM

We miss the DT's too. As far as Shalski, we miss him, but that does mean Venables is our starter next year too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our OL just isn't great" ...

Nov 8, 2020, 11:06 AM

Is quite an understatement. It is a failure of epic proportions. Poor Etienne ... greatest running back in Clemson history - and we have possibly the worst running game in Clemson hitory (maybe the Hootie Ingram years were close). It bottles the mind. Teams don't have to stack the box against us to stop the run; they do it with vanilla defense. We overcome it, to the extent we do, with 5-star talent at QB and spreading the ball around all over the field. God help us though if we need a push in short yardage, or need to establish the run to open things up, because it ain't happening. Our OL is a full notch or two below every other position group in terms of talent, development, and performance. Sorry for the rant - good poast, great observations.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 7
| visibility 376
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic