Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is a champion of a 7 game home scedule because of the monetary benefit to the Clemson area.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,724

Dabo is a champion of a 7 game home scedule because of the monetary benefit to the Clemson area.

Jul 14, 2020, 4:47 PM

Does anyone have any hard numbers (besides AD revenue) on the economic impact of football vs no football to the local economy?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: Dabo is a champion of a 7 game home scedule because of the monetary benefit to the Clemson area.

Jul 14, 2020, 4:50 PM

Clemson as we know it will cease to exist with no season

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is a champion of a 7 game home scedule because of the monetary benefit to the Clemson area.

Jul 14, 2020, 4:59 PM

A number of Clemson businesses will struggle, but most will survive.

What about if school is done all online ??

Jul 14, 2020, 5:46 PM

More businesses will have to shut down than you think. I’d hate to be a business owner in Clemson right now. Football weekend revenue is a must for most of these businesses

Clemson WILL

Jul 14, 2020, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is a champion of a 7 game home scedule because of the monetary benefit to the Clemson area. ]

Survive and flourish without football. There is LOT more to my university than a group of guys running down the hill on Saturdays. It will surely be missed by all of us. Especially those who have attended games and supported the university for almost sixty years as I have.

Use this opportunity to support the entire university system. Finances will be hurt from the virus so help make up for the losses.

Re: Clemson WILL

Jul 14, 2020, 5:31 PM

I believe the original poster was speaking of the town of Clemson, not the university itself.

I think that you are right

Jul 14, 2020, 5:49 PM

And the lack of big Saturday’s will be painful for all. 100,000 people in town six or seven times a year is amazing and surely that will be missed by all the area around Clemson as far away as Greenville. No season will greatly affect weekends for the students also. Those new kids coming in will be really disappointed to not see game day up close. Scary to even think about.

Parking everywhere. Who would have ‘thunk,it,?

I found these numbers, but there is no indication of the

Jul 15, 2020, 1:40 PM

date of the article. I wonder if this includes home sales and other deals related to planning to be on campus and not just actually being there. They got the state wrong in one location as well so idk if I trust it. multiplied by 7 is

"On average, a Clemson Tigers home football game is responsible for sustaining 198 jobs and producing $10.3 million in total output, $733,000 in net state revenue, and $542,000 in net local government revenue."

local city and county governments lose 3.8 million if there is not football season. Thats crazy

https://www.nasassets.com/creic/articles/6-college-football-town-economies/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: I found these numbers, but there is no indication of the

Jul 15, 2020, 2:12 PM

I love DV, but dang, that's a pretty view

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,724
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic