Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Davis back at 100% & ND starting Center out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 4,165

Davis back at 100% & ND starting Center out

Dec 2, 2020, 8:01 PM

Looks like it's flipped from the first game,where Davis was out and starting ND center played

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is That You Karma?

Dec 2, 2020, 8:09 PM

MRTTMT said:

Looks like it's flipped from the first game,where Davis was out and starting ND center played

ND would literally have to have Clemson on their home field and have Clemson have 6 starters out and have Clemson basically give them a TD in order to win!

I said before the game, "and anyone who doubts this have my blessing to go look it up" that Clemson would have to play it's C game and ND it's A game in order for them to win. That happened. I even said, "I think Clemson could beat ND with it's C game if we were playing at home"! That wasn't the case.

Them missing their center is bad news for them! What type of injury is it? I admit to not reading the link. Will he be back for the ACCCG(assuming we beat VT)?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson should win, but will still be close

Dec 2, 2020, 9:49 PM

We gifted them a TD, but their QB also fumbled a TD into a TO to take points off the board. Our defense also forced a bunch of their red zone possessions into FGs.

If ND flips a few of those, then they can keep the game close. Getting a healthy D will be key for us. DJU played an incredible game, so TL may not change much. Hopefully we figure out how to run.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson should win, but will still be close

Dec 2, 2020, 10:27 PM

We gifted them a TD, but their QB also fumbled a TD into a TO to take points off the board. Our defense also forced a bunch of their red zone possessions into FGs.

If ND flips a few of those, then they can keep the game close. Getting a healthy D will be key for us. DJU played an incredible game, so TL may not change much. Hopefully we figure out how to run.

But Dave; you just said it; "our defense also forced a bunch of their red zone possessions into FGs". We did that w/o Skalski, Davis, Jones, Zanders or XT in the 1st half. Those guys minus XT had played a bunch of snaps up until that point! Skalski's experience and Jones speed alone would have made a difference - let alone Zanders(who went out after I believe 5 minutes) and Davis!
I hear you though - ND is good! But, to me from playing and watching a bunch of football, Clemson is better than ND. If it wasn't true I would be saying, "hope we catch a few breaks or something like that"! Clemson is the better team and if this was a best of 7 it would be proven.

Fully healthy I think we beat them by multiple scores!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL changes everything....

Dec 3, 2020, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Clemson should win, but will still be close ]

DJ threw for a zillion yards that game...BUT the key is the running game. TL opens that up because he is a better runner (currently) and his timing/chemistry with ETN & others is better. The RPOs and other parts of the offense open up with him as well.
Not saying that we’ll all of a sudden run all over ND...but it will be more balanced and definitely more than 30 yards or whatever it was.

Re: Davis back at 100% & ND starting Center out

Dec 2, 2020, 8:51 PM

karma's a female dog!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 2, 2020, 9:12 PM

MRTTMT said:

Ruh roh raggy!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 9:42 PM

If we can stay healthy for the ACC title game, we will hand ND their rear ends. Their win at South Bend will have an asterisk. I believe the blowout will enable a second SEC team to be included in the CFP. Nobody is beating a heathy Clemson team.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:26 PM

Our team when it is healthy will be a big difference from the one that lost in South Bend last month.

And I love DJU - he played a great game against the Irish - but there is a very good reason Trevor Lawrence is the starter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 3, 2020, 8:51 AM

Why would an undefeated ND even play the game? The Florida State disease could easily make it to South Bend.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 4,165
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic