Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There appears to be some traction for doing away with
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,110

There appears to be some traction for doing away with

Oct 28, 2020, 8:35 PM

divisions in the ACC post-covid. According to this article, there a discussion was on the agenda between the conference and ESPN, out tv partner. I think it would be nice to play all the teams more often and would probably support this. I do not support 9 conference games though because of our situation with a non-conference rival. But while I am for wiping out the divisions, I will miss racking up division titles.

Your thoughts?

https://richmond.com/sports/college/teel-hokies-trip-to-louisville-latest-reminder-of-acc-footballs-flawed-schedule-rotation/article_430c692f-01ed-5060-b1bd-5bb6a917e251.html/?&logged_out=1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am all in for scrapping divisions

Oct 28, 2020, 8:42 PM

It makes for more variety, etc, but what I really like is it produces a more compelling championship game, and makes almost every regular season game meaningful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am all in for scrapping divisions

Oct 28, 2020, 8:47 PM

I’m all for getting rid of the Troy States and Woffords! Clemson is better than that.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:22 AM

Unfortunately they aren't getting rid of those guaranteed home games ($$$$$) like Furman, Citadel and Football states. Not going to happen.

Oct 29, 2020, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I am all in for scrapping divisions ]

How many Troy States and Woffords are there?

At least one more a year than needs to be***

Oct 29, 2020, 12:17 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unpopular opinion coming:

Oct 28, 2020, 8:44 PM

Division titles are meaningless. Teams can get in the CFP without one and teams with one can be left out.

Here comes the unpopular opinion..... Dabo wears orange pants for “championship” games. Not playing for a division title means one less opportunity for the orange pants to come out, which I am for!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Division titles are meaningless, them are fighting words

Oct 28, 2020, 9:04 PM

for the one time SECleast East Division Champions

Their next game showed how worthless that was.***

Oct 28, 2020, 10:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Well it would solve the problem we have had with the Coastal

Oct 28, 2020, 9:05 PM

Division being weak. Having the best two teams play in the ACC Championship is what the goal should always be. If the best way to achieve that is by doing away with divisions then I'm all for it. It might also pave the way for Notre Dame to permanently join the ACC in football.

If the ACC gets rid of the divisions, I certainly hope they do a better job of rotating the schedule among all the teams. No two teams in the ACC should have to wait 4 or more years before they play each other in the regular season. That is the one thing about the two Divisions I do NOT like - playing the same divisional teams every year while not getting to play some of the Coastal teams but once every 4 or more years (i.e. everyone but GA Tech)...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well it would solve the problem we have had with the Coastal

Oct 28, 2020, 10:04 PM

So long as we play FSU every year that’s fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 28, 2020, 11:25 PM

If FSU can get back to being one of the two best teams, that will happen.

Until they do, it doesn’t matter.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:12 AM

I’m thinking we have some catching up to do in the series to make up for the 90s and early 2000s.
We are seven wins behind right now, 13-20.
Having them as a permanent team would help. And GT (33-50).

Divisions Titles are Complete Baloney but...

Oct 28, 2020, 9:07 PM

I can see it both ways for a 14-team conference.

Less than 14 teams means a conference probably should not have divisions. If 16-team conferences emerge at some point in the future, two divisions are clearly necessary IMO.

Re: There appears to be some traction for doing away with

Oct 29, 2020, 12:26 AM

I like the divisions if they rotate the teams every 2 years so everyone gets a chance for a home & away game while playing every team the same amount of games every 8 years.

I prefer us to have a schedule where we could win all our regular season games every season.??

Go Tigers dominate the ACC every season!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 29, 2020, 12:32 AM

As long as Clemson keeps GT and FSU on a permanent basis. H to the No on 9 or 10 conference games. Good grief that comes up every few years from the schools that don't have in state OOC rivals. No way I would want to give up future series like UGA, LSU and Oklahoma for more boring ACC games.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:41 AM

Not sure how much traction there is to drop divisions. Also not surprised this article is from a Virginia writer. VT always has a pretty lame schedule. Seems like they have trouble scheduling good OOC opponents like from the SEC and their permanent rival from Atlantic is BC which doesn't really interest them.

Oct 29, 2020, 7:18 AM

I think they should do away with the NCAA Clearing House Rules ,you know those rules that allow athletes who are offered full rides in football and basketball to get into Clemson with half the academic requirements or less than regular students,tennis, golf,and even other football players especially since one of our new mottos written on field is EQUALITY.Worried about the nation when we have inequality at Clemson even in athletic dept. but nobody wants to talk about this because what would happen to college football.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:08 PM

Would you care to elaborate? The grades and graduation rates for members of some sports are higher than that of the average student body. The football program is in the top group in the US for its graduation rate over a specific period of time based on the players time of entry. There are always several graduate students on the team. Dabo deserves a lot of credit for his emphasis on academics.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know why some seem so dead set against a ninth

Oct 29, 2020, 8:58 AM

conference game. For us, it would just mean one less "SC State" type game a year. Take the revenue from that ninth conference game and make a donation to a small instate school's Athletic Department, in lieu of using them as a sacrificial lamb on the field to get that same money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not about THEIR $, it's about OUR $...Clemson isn't

Oct 29, 2020, 12:21 PM

about to give up a home game everyyear for a home and home with another ACC team...That would be one less home game on off years and I can guarantee Clemson administration isn't giving one of those back every other year...It was amazing that we dropped one for the UGA game next year

Divisions keep the ACC honest, if we do away with them

Oct 29, 2020, 12:23 PM

schedule shennanigans would ensue immediately

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,110
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic