Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you have kids between 5 and 18?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,861

Do you have kids between 5 and 18?

Jul 12, 2020, 5:46 PM

If so, since schools closed have your kids been allowed to play in person with kids that don’t live with you?

If not, what have they been doing while you work?

Any only children? How do you keep them from being lonely?

This is football related because I’m trying to figure out how much socializing is already happening. And therefore if things can or will really change much.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you have kids between 5 and 18?

Jul 12, 2020, 5:49 PM

i have 3 grandchildren 5-7. they have lots of little friends in the neighborhood they play with. somehow they are still standing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 6:01 PM

Have a 7 year old boy. We live on a farm. He has plenty to do. However, with school and church being shut down. He’s had no contact with school and church friends. Luckily, my wife has been working from home and grandmaw lives next door. His mom purchased a 2nd grade summer school lesson plan and they work on it a couple of hours a day Monday through Thursday. Seems to work.

Jul 12, 2020, 6:15 PM

yes. 15 and 18. 18 year old tested positive for covid two days ago. She will be fine, hopefully.

They have been out and about with others. She is headed to Clemson on August 10. Kind of glad she already has it.

Strange times.

Be safe.

Jul 12, 2020, 7:52 PM

12 and 15. Both have been doing summer practice for fall sports. Mom is working from home and I’m retired so they have done fairly well socially.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 8:03 PM

I have three and it has been tough. We have had interaction, but limited -cousins and besties, but not everyday and not with neighbors. Like I said, it has been tough, but manageable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 8:29 PM

I do not know about you but anyone calling me a child after I turned 13 would have had an argument. When I turned 13, my parents gave me my own razor. Every other day soon became every day. Calling me an adolescent or teen was fine. Excuses were no longer an out. Maybe that is the problem teens are not given responsibilities and expectations.

Did you use the razor to shave your legs or your chooch.***

Jul 12, 2020, 9:03 PM

Jul 12, 2020, 11:04 PM

17 and 19 yo boys. One is a college sophomore and one is a senior in a 2 year boarding high school, so they both were out of the nest last year. We let them socialize, and hopefully they do it wisely with a limited group of friends. You have to balance physical and psychological health.

Jul 12, 2020, 11:28 PM

I have 3 in that age group, 5 total. for a while they were all at home, all the time. That was rough. My booze bill went up waaay high (not them, but me and the other half)

they have a few close friends that live near by... but getting them to do anything is tough, including getting their lazy a$$es out of bed or getting them away from a video game consoles

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

We have 20+ elementary aged kids within two blocks of us

Jul 12, 2020, 11:34 PM

Most kids are outside playing together from sun up to sun down. We initially limited our kids playing to only 1-2 friends at a time, but now let them play with all as long as they stay outside.

Even our local little league has started back up (with a bunch of safety precautions).

Parents do our best to keep our distance, but kids still living it up. Hope you find an outlet for your kiddos.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 1:53 AM

We have lots of kids from the neighborhood riding horses, playing with the goats, rabbits, llamas, cats, dogs, cows, turkeys, Pheasants, pigeons, mini horses, ducks and pigs. They don’t have a lot to do so they come and spread out, play games and socialize from a distance. They love running the obstacle course and getting timed.

They collect food for the food banks and help get the animals prepared when we go to the nursing home.

We have a few parents doing the same, of course we have sinks, sanitizer and sanitizing stations too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

We have 2 kids under 8...

Jul 13, 2020, 8:49 AM

and they've played with a few friends here and there since May. We live on a farm and like another poster stated, there is plenty to keep them busy all day outside and with family doing farming activities. They see and talk to other friends at church (loosely wearing masks). Our kids have also participated in a couple of camps with a group of 10 other kids there same age.

Jul 13, 2020, 12:06 PM

Nothing has changed for my 18 year old. He will be flying out (with his Clemson roommate) this Sunday for LA, CA. They will be visiting friends.
His mom and I will be traveling to Richmond, VA to see his 26 year old daughter.
Wish us all luck... We may get struck by lightning.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I have one. 5. Initially he had little contact with anyone

Jul 13, 2020, 12:38 PM

but us. We occasionally would let hims ride scooter/bike with the neighbor across the street. it's hard to keep 5 year old distant.

In May we made the decision to send him back to daycare for 1/2 days so he gets interaction with ~10 other kids in his class. They spend a good bit of it outside. As a result, we really limit his time with anyone else. When we think he may encounter the kids outside, we have him wear his mask. but that's rare.

We just got a dog. Hoping that will give him something/someone to play with. So far it has worked.

School is a different animal and we have no idea what we will do. The options aren't great and he learns better with other kids. Trying to assemble small groups now with other parents that we wouldn't mind socializing with. We live in SC, so the numbers are not in our favor right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Jul 13, 2020, 2:41 PM

Have a 12 YO, a 17 YO, and a 19 YO.

Except for the forced closures, we have been living a normal life the past two months or so. Kids playing together in neighborhood. Hanging with friends. Hiking, a backyard campout, swamp rabbit, family gatherings, etc.

We no longer watch the news, as even local news is consumed with hysteria and fear ####. I keep on top of the data from sites where I can mine it. We practice good hygiene as we always have. But as for their daily life, there is hardly any change from a normal summer.

Jul 13, 2020, 3:16 PM

I have a 7 year old boy. Unfortunately for him we live around a lot of old people who are well past their child raising days. The few kids around he plays with as long as its outside. The camp he goes to does not require masks, they check their temps in the morning and make them was their hands about a billion times a day according to him.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,861
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic