Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I really hate seeing football being used to further agendas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I really hate seeing football being used to further agendas

Sep 15, 2020, 7:36 AM

In any way. Political or otherwise. I just want to see football. When i see players kneeling or stickers all over their helmets or whatever, i turn off the tv and go find something else to do. It doesnt teach me or show me anything. The only thing it communicates to me is how much i need to do around the house.

And lebron James is a great player but i dont give two cents about his political views or whatever. Same goes for most of Hollywood.

Sigh....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Less football but a tidier garage and much trimmer hedges.

Sep 15, 2020, 7:39 AM

Thanks BLM.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Don’t taunt them.

Sep 15, 2020, 7:45 AM

They’ll show up and burn your garage and hedges down.

You don’t deserve to have those nice things anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t taunt them.

Sep 15, 2020, 7:53 AM

Row86® said:

Likely a bad idea to show up at my house with ill intentions as I am too old to fight with my fists. I would be glad to have friendly conversation over a cold beverage

Re: Don’t taunt them.

Sep 15, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Don’t taunt them. ]

Row86® said:

Likely a bad idea to show up at my house with ill intentions as I am too old to fight with my fists. I would be glad to have friendly conversation over a cold beverage

Re: I really hate seeing football being used to further agendas

Sep 15, 2020, 7:56 AM

If things keep going the way they are going,you won't have to worry about football being used to further agenda's.
In fact you won't have to worry about football at all.Fewer people will be able to afford to attend games,television viewer ship will dry up, seasons reduced to as many as 10 games,or less,smaller colleges,and even some small universities will have to scale back roster sizes,scholarships allowed,the # of players who can travel to games,and so on.
Some may even have to shut down their program altogether.
But don't blame the agenda,blame the persons behind it;namely the Left.
And you want to know what Lebron and Hollywood have in common.there agenda is fueled by the Left.

Sep 15, 2020, 9:04 AM

Hey leftie,

I am a leftie and I go to all of the secret meetings. Lots of us love football, too. We all agree that the people can enjoy a more fair and just society AND sports.

So you didn't watch our game on Saturday?

Sep 15, 2020, 8:00 AM

That's too bad, we have a really good team and it looks like you'll miss the entire season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

1 agenda being force down the public's gulet...

Sep 15, 2020, 8:23 AM

Influential public figures of the sport will publically support the agenda by parroting the messages(talking points) or be gaslit by the media-

Hey flakes, since you're not watching games anymore,

Sep 15, 2020, 8:25 AM

why not become a member of TigerNet? You'll get the most up to date Clemson news and scores! It's a great way to keep up with what's happening at Clemson!

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Hey TigerNet sales team, why the TD?! I was just trying

Sep 15, 2020, 8:50 AM

to sell a membership! Somebody on the Sales Team not liking me stepping on their turf?
;)
Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

I really hate seeing our football forum taken over

Sep 15, 2020, 9:11 AM

by posts like this. P&R is a thing.

Do you turn off the TV when they further Breast Cancer

Sep 15, 2020, 9:21 AM

Awareness? Or honor the troops?

So really what you're saying is, you hate when they further agendas you don't like? Maybe you should change your username to "Snowflakes"

Inane, unsound analogy****

Sep 16, 2020, 2:45 AM

Sep 15, 2020, 9:40 AM

There is one sticker that I hate to see on football helmets more than any other sticker around.....

The buckeye

Sep 15, 2020, 10:58 AM

Let me ask you something. When is a right time to elevate awareness? Protest are not meant to be convenient ..it is meant to create uncomfortableness. And since the majority of the athletes in the NBA , NFL and MLB are minorities they are using a platform that is very visible to the Majority to make their message heard.

Another thing...this is not a political issue this is a natural human rights issue. Everyone should be equal under the law and respected as a man equally. Just 3 years ago there was a video of Clemson fans calling Deshaun Watson a Ni$$Er. And I am sure there are more...and these other people are Policemen, politicians , teachers..u name it. So instead of complaining..get on the pavement and stomp it out. If you know family members or friends who are prejudice...stop them . Do not remain silent because silence is advocation.

Sep 16, 2020, 6:35 AM

I want to congratulate you. Your thesis is that "everyone should be equal under the law and respected as a man equally." My thumbs up got you up to 40% here! That tells you an enormous amount about the level of trash that works its way through this message board.

Sep 16, 2020, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I really hate seeing football being used to further agendas ]

BLM is the new KKK. If equal, then a player can put the latter on their helmet. No harm done right?
Both are EQUALLY offensive and should not be found on a Clemson Tiger uniform.

Sep 16, 2020, 10:51 AM

Please explain. I mean maybe we missed the time when BLM bombed a church killing 4 little girls or lynched black men or dragged a black man behind a pickup truck or any other violent act done by the KKK. Your attempt to compare the two exposes the need for people to think before speaking and stop believing everything that is given to you. Try researching topics through multiple sources prior to posting some as dumb as this.

Sep 16, 2020, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I really hate seeing football being used to further agendas ]

In unrelated news, I remember when I was a kid we had a kid in the neighborhood named Stevie that would run in the house and go to his mommy every time somebody said something mean to him. And for the avoidance of doubt, I am not saying that this is analogous to turning your TV off when you see something you don’t like.

Sep 15, 2020, 11:15 AM

I agree these entitled celebrities and Athletes wouldn’t be crap in any other country.
Instead of being thankful for the dream life they act like they hate living here

Are you saying.....

Sep 15, 2020, 2:50 PM

"Please move your protest/agenda away from here so I don't have to pay attention to it and can continue to ignore a potential issue?"

Re: Are you saying.....

Sep 15, 2020, 3:19 PM

If a lot of you don't like to have a group of student/athletes who are socially active and aware in service of a just cause, then don't go to the #### games, don't watch them on TV and shut up and do your yard work or whatever it is that you do on Saturday. I plan to to continue to follow Clemson with a sense of pride that our guys are thinking people whose lives are more than football. If a good percentage of people give up following Clemson football for the reason I see listed on here, we're a darn sight better off without them. Maybe a good house cleaning will serve us well and I assure you, that those people who fall away will not be missed in the slightest.

Re: Are you saying.....

Sep 16, 2020, 6:04 AM

Maybe you should shut up

Sep 15, 2020, 3:23 PM

Totally agree I came to watch a football game not a political rally. I got better things to do on Saturday. It opens your eyes up to what you should and should not accept. People who want to watch FOOTBALL should not accept this anymore!

I can't imagine the amount of thin skin it takes to cut off

Sep 15, 2020, 3:24 PM

a 3 and a half hour game of football because of 5 minutes of political stuff that makes you squirm.

Re: I can't imagine the amount of thin skin it takes to cut off

Sep 15, 2020, 4:11 PM

Skin so thin that even an eyelash could cause a prick. Which, if you think about it, is fitting.

So you are saying the pink for breast cancer is enough to

Sep 15, 2020, 4:46 PM

make you turn the football game off?

You might need to turn in your "man card".

Sep 16, 2020, 7:36 AM

“When i see players kneeling or stickers all over their helmets or whatever, i turn off the tv ......”

Wow, duck and run. All u guys turning off the TV are a bunch of pansies. Toughen up a little cornflake. I hope u don’t run into corn pop. That might not turn out well. In the meantime, it might be safer for you to stay in your basement. And when u hear / see something on TV that you don’t like, just change the channel, or better yet turn the TV off, that will really get ‘em. In the meantime, I gonna watch every second of every Clemson Football game this year as they roll to another national championship. In fact, I’ll probably rewatch most every game more than once.

Sep 16, 2020, 8:17 AM

Why no just grow a pair of nuts and just enjoy the game? The game is still the same.

That "pair" needs to drop first...It's a matter of NoNads...***

Sep 16, 2020, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic