Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN saying Pitt traveling to FSU with COVID positive player
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 3,030

ESPN saying Pitt traveling to FSU with COVID positive player

Nov 25, 2020, 8:02 AM

is now debunked. I thought I saw another article posted here that confirmed that happened. I think Dabo said he knew for a fact it was true.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30380088/clemson-florida-state-coach-battles-inevitable-challenges-playing-pandemic

"Swinney fired back on his Monday night radio show, again lambasting FSU and building on a debunked story that, just a week earlier, Pitt had traveled with a sick player and Florida State still played the game. (According to a source at Pitt, that is not true.)"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN saying Pitt traveling to FSU with COVID positive player

Nov 25, 2020, 8:11 AM

I think the issue is semantics. Officially, one player did not travel due to "COVID protocol." From everything I read and saw (I did a good bit of searching on this the other day), there was never any mention of a player being symptomatic or positive. He may have been, but it was never mentioned. All that was mentioned was one player would not be playing due to "COVID protocol," so that could mean anything from contact tracing to testing positive.

Either way, the fact remains that Clemson did absolutely everything by the book and according to every letter of the COVID protocol. FSU had no reason to not play based upon the COVID protocol. It was just their preference. Based solely upon medical reasoning or some other motivation, we'll never know for sure, but we sure can speculate!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time to move on...

Nov 25, 2020, 8:13 AM

It is abundantly clear that Clemson went out of its way and bent over backwards to find a way to play the game with FSU while FSU officials, for whatever reason, were he!! bent and determined to find any excuse to avoid playing the game. Hopefully, the game doesn't have to be made up and Clemson can tell FSU to go pi$$ up a rope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If i remember correctly i thought DAbo was saying that Pitt

Nov 25, 2020, 8:21 AM

had a player test positive during the week and had practiced with the team during the week yet FSU and Pitt still played. Dabo's point was if a positive test means we're automatically cancelling the game then half the games every week would be cancelled.

He made the point about how Trevor contracted the virus and BC and Notre Dame were still good with playing the game. Wonder why... Had this situation been Trevor who was the one traveling and got the news on Friday night he was positive then i'll almost guarantee you FSU would be good with playing against the backup.. pretty sure they'd "risk it" then.. .just a hunch.

Dabo's point is everyone knew the risk involved in playing this year adn that it wouldn't be pretty. Which is why following the protocol's and the rules in every situation is THE ONLY way to operate so that all can be confident each week and there is a structure. But FSU arbitrarily found it necessary to make their own rules. Why?,...we don't really know.

Symptomatic Players

Nov 25, 2020, 9:21 AM

I keep seeing criticism of Clemson traveling with a symptomatic Player but this time of year I don't know how you avoid that. If I couldn't go to work with a runny nose I'd starve.

Re: ESPN saying Pitt traveling to FSU with COVID positive player

Nov 25, 2020, 9:39 AM

This is the article that was referenced previously.
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/11/07/pitt-panthers-player-to-sit-out-florida-state-match-due-to-coronavirus-protocols/

Replies: 5
| visibility 3,030
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic