Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ETN is awesome, and might be best ever, but what would Spiller have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,902

ETN is awesome, and might be best ever, but what would Spiller have

Oct 10, 2020, 11:33 PM

Done with these talented teams to spread the defense out ? No doubt ETN is the better North South runner. But Spiller could put in a show too.
Glad we had both

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would love to see it.***

Oct 10, 2020, 11:41 PM

that would be interesting to see for sure***

Oct 10, 2020, 11:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have very little in common as players aside from

Oct 10, 2020, 11:45 PM

the speed. Spiller was shiftier and could juke people out of their shoes, but Etienne is way more physical and can just run over, around, and through defenders. Spiller had a tendency to dance around in the backfield while Etienne just explodes through the line - sometimes, particularly earlier in his career, too quickly.

Re: ETN is awesome, and might be best ever, but what would Spiller have

Oct 11, 2020, 12:17 AM

I put it like this.

Imo, ETN is definitely in his own category and as far as PURE RB, it is hard to argue any previous back that had his skill combo as far as running, catching, and speed.

Spiller though...he is probably the best ALL-PURPOSE Player we ever had.

ETN is fast but SPILLER had that extra gear that I haven't seen a Clemson player have since maybe Sammy Watkins.

Don't get me wrong...we've had fast guys but Spiller was a BAD man and not many can rival his college highlights ??????

For any new fans somehow unfamiliar, WATCH those college highlights and behold another Tiger that should have won the heisman back in the day.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 12:26 AM

I put it like this.

Imo, ETN is definitely in his own category and as far as PURE RB, it is hard to argue any previous back that had his skill combo as far as running, catching, and speed.

ETN is fast but SPILLER had that extra gear that I haven't seen a Clemson player have since maybe Sammy Watkins.

Don't get me wrong...we've had fast guys but Spiller was a BAD man and not many can rival his college highlights ??????

For any new fans somehow unfamiliar, WATCH those college highlights and behold another Tiger that should have won the heisman back in the day.

While I respect your opinion - I have to disagree. TE9 has something I don't even think Spiller had: "competitive grit"! He wants to win and plays ( i.m.o ) something extra because he plays with his heart! Spiller was faster and maybe more explosive - but you don't get as many yards after contact without being a tough competitor. Not saying CJS28 didn't - he did - but not on the level I think Travis plays with. Could have left early - but runs hard like nobody knows his name(Heart)!

I love them both but if I could only choose one: I would go with TE9 every time! CJS28 is a great choice: and I could kind of understand a different opinion.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know you and I don't know what you remember ...

Oct 11, 2020, 12:41 AM

... but I remember a CJ who could barely walk almost carry a team to an ACC CG win nearly BY HIMSELF. If we could have stopped GT 1 #### time that entire game we could have won it.

That RB had more heart and grit than anyone I'd ever seen. He could barely walk. His foot hurt so bad it was easier to stop by getting tackled than on his own.

Dude had grit in spades.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: I don't know you and I don't know what you remember ...

Oct 11, 2020, 9:48 AM

haynous® said:

... but I remember a CJ who could barely walk almost carry a team to an ACC CG win nearly BY HIMSELF. If we could have stopped GT 1 #### time that entire game we could have won it.

That RB had more heart and grit than anyone I'd ever seen. He could barely walk. His foot hurt so bad it was easier to stop by getting tackled than on his own.

Dude had grit in spades.

I think you took what I typed out of context. I never said CJ didn't have heart. In my opinion, ETN has more. Totally different thing friend.

Every carry this dude runs is a "passion statement"! He is trying to get it done for his teammates! Again, no where did I say CJ didn't in that.

I remember CJ very well - I may get my 28 jersey out today since we on the subject. I am a huge fan of CJ because he was the face of CU football. A big time 5 star RB at Clemson and a young coach named Dabo. I get all that - and I appreciate all of that.

But, proud that both of these awesome men wore the Clemson uniform while in college. It is just my opinion going back to the OP post - "that I would choose ETN"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 12:17 AM

I put it like this.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 9:59 AM

Personally I think ETN is the best back Clemson has ever had. Obviously he is not done and could possibly get worse instead of better before he finishes but I doubt it. He just amazes me when he runs into a crowd of defenders and you know he is down but all of a sudden he emerges and ALL of the defenders are laying on the ground. Can't tell you how many times I've seen him do that. He's just special.

Oct 11, 2020, 10:43 AM

I like both. Give me ETN. NM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,902
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic