Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CLE vs Pitt = OSU vs. Clemson. A new way forward?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

CLE vs Pitt = OSU vs. Clemson. A new way forward?

Jan 11, 2021, 7:35 AM

Have these two teams from Ohio shown us a new way forward in the game of American gridiron football?

Two well-rested, but short-staffed teams soundly beat two full-ish strength and arguably better but "tired" teams due to the effects of COVID.

I am curious to see whether football teams will look at this and adjust their practice schedules in the future having even more evidence that freshness really helps performance. Certainly one thing that has benefitted Clemson in normal times is our fresher second stringers, especially on defense, that we rotate in over the course of a game.

Maybe this is all very well known and obvious to football staffs already. But to me the magnitude of the wins gets my attention. If IF OSU wins tonight (Asterisk Natty for sure), I think it adds evidence because there is no doubt in my mind Bama is the superior team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CLE vs Pitt = OSU vs. Clemson. A new way forward?

Jan 11, 2021, 8:21 AM

No, I don't think they have shown us a new way forward. Look, Pittsburg has struggle of late after going 11-0 to start the season ,while Clemson, IMO, was never the "Best" team in the country.
Both got beat.It happens.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 2:01 PM

Pitt finished the year with a string 1-5 record.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:49 AM

Interesting concept and I thought about our game watching that one too. Everytime Pitt climbed back into it somewhat, Cleveland came right back and scored. Forced Pitt out of a gameplan from the first qtr on.

I have to agree with leftie on this one. It just happens. Ben had a horrible night as did the defense couldn't get the stops. As leftie said, it just happens. Don't think you can draw any conclusions.

Our tigers just didn't have the atheletes on defense to match the atheletes on osu offense. Signs there all year on D with the amount of rotation we were forced to have.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 9:45 AM

Why are you saying the Browns were more rested than the Steelers?

Both played 16 games and had a game last weekend right?

I don't follow either team, so I honestly don't know if there may have been a difference.

Also I'm sure tons of teams would love the Browns gameplan of "let the other team give us the ball until we lead by 28 and then start playing a real football game".

I would bet that has a really high victory rate indeed.

They practiced one day in 2 weeks due to COVID.

Jan 11, 2021, 10:01 AM

There was talk of postponing the game. So last night was a shocker. Kinda like OSU shocked us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They practiced one day in 2 weeks due to COVID.

Jan 11, 2021, 10:04 AM

Makes sense

3 TOs in the 1st quarter by Pitt helped Cleveland win

Jan 11, 2021, 10:04 AM

no asterisk for natty regardless on who wins

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

There's an asterisk but I did hear a decent argument for OSU

Jan 11, 2021, 10:22 AM

Should they beat Bama, they will be the only team since the CFP became the Bama/Clemson Invitational to beat both of those teams. So, that does get one's attention.

I don't buy into that

Jan 11, 2021, 11:13 AM

We just got our butt kicked.

Enough already searching for excuses. The

Jan 11, 2021, 5:15 PM

Buckeyes beat us this time around and thats all there is to it. Don’t act like they do!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 7:12 PM

You sound like a poor loser. A better team beat us. Move on.....

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic