Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everytime I see the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Everytime I see the

Dec 1, 2020, 6:09 PM

QB named Hooker I think of a remark that Dandy Don Meredith made years and years ago about a receiver that one of the NFL teams had named Hooker. It may have been the Browns who had a receiver named Fair Hooker And Meredith once said ....”I never saw a fair Hooker”, I bet some of you elderly fans remember that. Meredith was quite a card. They just don’t have guys like that anymore in the Booth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everytime I see the

Dec 1, 2020, 6:13 PM

I remember Dandy Don making this comment.

End of game. Blowout. Home team losing. Fans leaving. Camera shows a fan. Fan looks at camera and gives it the finger. Dandy says, "Well, at least one fan still thinks they're Number 1."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 6:16 PM

I remember that too.

Glad to have you back FSU,

I remember Dandy Don’s comment about Otis

Dec 1, 2020, 6:31 PM

Sistrunk. For college it said none. He pipes up and says he never heard of Nonay University.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 6:48 PM

Dandy Don breaking into an offkey rendition of the Willie Nelson song when the game was pretty much decided. Turn out the lights, the party’s over, they say that all good things must end

Frank Gifford called a good game, but was so bland, Cosell was a egotistical blow hard, and Meredith added entertainment.

Dec 1, 2020, 7:28 PM

Those were the great days of the NFL, but they are gone for ever. I haven't watched the NFL in years and don't remember who won last year's Super Bowl.

I remember Dandy Don's comment about Fair Hooker, and the Houston Oilers' fan shooting the bird to the camera. Don said that Otis Sistrunk played for University of Mars.

Cosell was just arrogant and irritating claiming to be an expert on everything, a typical NYC lawyer. He always expounded any player from the the Ivy League as a genius. Meredith finally told him, "Howard, all of those other players went to college too, and their schools have classes, libraries, and books like Ivy League schools."

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic