Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU preview.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,534

FSU preview.

Nov 15, 2020, 12:48 PM

I'll try and post a few links and other information for this week. Here is a start.

Norvell has apparently gone to the youth movement for sure. Started 6 freshmen on offense, and 4 on defense against NCSU.

Two true frosh OL, 2 redshirt frosh OL. RB is a redshirt frosh. Had two QBs make the trip, both played. Both are true frosh.

I think it was 4 true frosh who started on D, but I'm not positive.

One guy who is a professional internet journalist (warchant.com) put it this way: Clemson will be able to name the score. It could be worse than GT if he wants it to be.

Then he added that there is apparently some bad blood between Dabo and Collins so that my have been why Dabo kept his foot on the gas longer into that game. Or, he could make it more like last year's Charlotte game and we could see Will Spiers throwing passes the Will Swinney in thei third quarter.

I'll post some links later on to guys who give a breakdown each week. But, rest assured, FSU is not in the Boston College category of being a potential threat.

We have a bunch of fans saying we could delcare a COVID outbreak in our football department and cancel the game.

I expect the line on the game, if there is a line, to be 45+.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU preview.

Nov 15, 2020, 1:10 PM

The bad blood is a result of GT's ineptitude. We played everybody including the punter at qb. To me that was the last time we played well. I suspect you will give us a few anxious moments and maybe more than that. Our last few games have been full of mistakes and penalties. We need to clean that up and not make it a habit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2020, 1:13 PM

I;m afraid Covid has caught up to the ACC. Miami has been dealing with it for 2 weeks and may not play Sat. Funny how the ACC plays with absent players because of Covid but the SEC and Ohio St. don't. Maryland would have beaten Ohio St. in my opinion. Not only did they not play that game, but it will not be rescheduled. You can't tell me Ohio St. did not plan this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2020, 1:42 PM

Dabo used everyone in the Georgia Tech game. The Jackets could not stop anything. The Tigers had 52 at half time! It could have been a lot worse had CDS kept some starters in the second half. If this burns coach Collins' behind, guess what? Get a better team, move on to a different career, or both.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bret - sounds like Norvell is doing the painful but smart

Nov 15, 2020, 9:49 PM

thing by moving on to the freshman and future of the program. Not sure what is going on behind the scenes with the upperclassmen but maybe Norvell knows this season is a wash at this point.

Norvell might be of the mind that he might as well use this season as a means to get valuable game experience for the younger players to jump start the FSU rebuild. There will be a lot of pain associated with playing all these freshman but in the long run it could make a significant difference in the time it takes to reshape the program from its current downward trend to something FSU fans expect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,534
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic