Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN to layoff more than 300 more people!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

ESPN to layoff more than 300 more people!

Nov 5, 2020, 11:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Activism is a job killer***

Nov 5, 2020, 11:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Activism is a job killer***

Nov 5, 2020, 11:27 AM

They should just get it over with already......fire everybody and hire Finebaum’s call in guests. They can give everybody a huge raise by paying them $3.50 an hour.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some things are more important than money.

Nov 5, 2020, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Activism is a job killer*** ]

But being “woke” isn’t one of them. They can all learn to code.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 5, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Activism is a job killer*** ]

Isn't that the point?? Crash capitalism and put everything under big gov.

Nov 5, 2020, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Activism is a job killer*** ]

WHO CARES! I never watch anything on ESPN, unless it's a Clemson Game!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN to layoff more than 300 more people!

Nov 5, 2020, 11:39 AM

I hate that many people are losing their jobs because their employer decided to become a liberal political machine. I hope some are able to file a lawsuit against ESPN.

Karma can be a bit$$ when it comes back your way. ESPN should have stayed within Sports and stayed away from politics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 11:43 AM

Yes, sad to see folks losing job/livelihoods. But they did achieve their goals, their preferred political parties/candidates have largely won...Its a free world...

Outside of possibly losing the WH, Repubs kept control of the Senate,

Nov 5, 2020, 4:02 PM

made major gains in the House, and completely halted the "blue wave".

they decided to quit the politics

Nov 5, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN to layoff more than 300 more people! ]

Yesterday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN to layoff more than 300 more people! ]

Karma is not real. False doctrine from a worldly religion inspired by Satan.

Nov 6, 2020, 12:46 PM

You truly are a roob...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they're not filling 200 open positions...

Nov 5, 2020, 11:43 AM

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1324338965416169475?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1324338965416169475%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fmedia%2F2020%2F11%2F05%2Fespn-layoffs-disney-pandemic-covid-19%2F6171663002%2F

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Get Woke, Go Broke!

Nov 5, 2020, 11:44 AM

Keep politics out of sports .

Re: Get Woke, Go Broke!

Nov 5, 2020, 2:39 PM

So you'd be okay with no longer having a military appreciation game, saying the pledge, and singing the national anthem? Those are all political statements.

Re: Get Woke, Go Broke!

Nov 5, 2020, 3:00 PM

So you'd be okay with no longer having a military appreciation game, saying the pledge, and singing the national anthem? Those are all political statements.

Last time I checked those where “American” themes. So no, not political. Sad that you can’t see the difference between radically funded movements that are pushing an “anti-american” agendas or one party or another.

They should layoff upper managment and go back to worked

Nov 5, 2020, 12:08 PM

for them at the beginning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like what - showing SPORTS ? ? ? ? Novel . . . .

Nov 5, 2020, 12:11 PM

Bring back Australian rules football and pool and darts and bowling and archery . . . .

REMOVE 99% of the talking crap . . . .

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That's heresy. Next you'll probably suggest that MTV

Nov 5, 2020, 12:13 PM

play music videos smh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Ahhhh,.....the good ole days.***

Nov 5, 2020, 12:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GREAT point . . . . . not that I've seen MTV in 25 years***

Nov 5, 2020, 12:30 PM [ in reply to That's heresy. Next you'll probably suggest that MTV ]

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: That's heresy. Next you'll probably suggest that MTV

Nov 5, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to That's heresy. Next you'll probably suggest that MTV ]

Yeah I would since MTV stands for Music TV! Not realty show TV!

I enjoy Australian football, pool etc. and quit being

Nov 5, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Like what - showing SPORTS ? ? ? ? Novel . . . . ]

biased.

I would rather watch 10 hours of competitive bonsai tree

Nov 5, 2020, 12:33 PM

pruning than even 30 minutes of ANY of the talking show crap . . . looking at you Stephen A and Jemelle and Cowherd & Golicks and . . . . ANY of them . . . .

ok***

Nov 5, 2020, 12:46 PM

Re: Like what - showing SPORTS ? ? ? ? Novel . . . .

Nov 5, 2020, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Like what - showing SPORTS ? ? ? ? Novel . . . . ]

THIS ****

As adults, one of our Thanksgiving rituals was all ages, co-ed, Aussie rules, touch football. It was a blast and kept the men who liked to relive HS from playing too rough.

Re: They should layoff upper managment and go back to worked

Nov 5, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to They should layoff upper managment and go back to worked ]

People tried to to tell ESPN exactly what you posted, but they felt like they could do what they wanted and still maintain their audience. Sports and politics do not mix. ESPN’s big dogs have not figured that out yet.

Tell Orange Jr we said hello. ??

This is been happening since well before the political

activism. Cord cutting and the dwindling sports audiences (since well before the BLM movement) are the major driving forces.

But it's more fun to say "get woke, go broke" so carry on.

Those refusing to pronounce Clemson correctly need to be fired immediately

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ POTD 74TIGER!

Nov 5, 2020, 12:18 PM

and maybe they could fire Paul Findbomb & save that $5,000,000!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN to layoff more than 300 more people! ]

74TIGER said:

Those refusing to pronounce Clemson correctly need to be fired immediately

OR, anyone who says “Dobbow” instead of Dabo!! Yes, Brian Griese, I’m referring to you.

Ed Zachary.........!***

Nov 6, 2020, 5:21 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN to layoff more than 300 more people! ]

Nov 5, 2020, 12:29 PM

I hate it for the people affected but oh the irony. Greeny just said on his show that he was watching CNN last night with his son and finally had had enough of the election so they started watching Impractical Jokers to get away from politics. Hey idiot, it is people like you and your network that has ruined sports for many of us. Sports are my way of getting away from politics. Also have not heard anything about the layoffs on ESPN. Interesting.

Nov 5, 2020, 12:32 PM

I hope "Sammich Girl" is out the door.

Nov 5, 2020, 1:05 PM

She will be making sammiches. Instead of getting it Mike's way, you can now get it Heather's way.

Hold the pickle, extra mayo.

Nov 5, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN to layoff more than 300 more people! ]

Well said! ?????? You are 100% correct with your post. ESPN executives should fall on their own sword rather than punishing so many for their idiotic policies. One person posted on this thread that long before BLM sports was in decline. It is true but ESPN has been drifting into politics for several years. This is now why a few thousand ESPN employees are getting screwed by their employer!

My Recommendations as Follows

Nov 5, 2020, 12:35 PM

1) Booger
2) Steven A Smith
3) The Sammich
4) Ginger Boy Bama Greg
5) Maria Taylor

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget Jay Bilas***

Nov 5, 2020, 12:37 PM

Re: Don't forget Jay Bilas- should be Bilious

Nov 5, 2020, 12:59 PM

more fitting

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude is a world class toad.***

Nov 5, 2020, 2:39 PM

I support this plan!

Nov 5, 2020, 4:17 PM [ in reply to My Recommendations as Follows ]

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why, Waaaay too much of this...

Nov 5, 2020, 12:36 PM

Yeah!***

Nov 5, 2020, 12:48 PM

Nov 5, 2020, 12:53 PM

Like most leftist organizations they will fire 300 low paid nobodies and keep every one of their overpaid "personalities" who drive away more viewers by the day. Think how many 40K year behind the scenes folks they could keep if they got rid of just one of their multi millionaire "stars". So much for equality or fairness, just like all the other things leftists pretend to care about to dupe morons into voting for them.

Nov 5, 2020, 3:04 PM

Like most leftist organizations they will fire 300 low paid nobodies and keep every one of their overpaid "personalities" who drive away more viewers by the day. Think how many 40K year behind the scenes folks they could keep if they got rid of just one of their multi millionaire "stars". So much for equality or fairness, just like all the other things leftists pretend to care about to dupe morons into voting for them.

. Spot on!

Nov 5, 2020, 1:20 PM

Be "woke" go broke

Nov 5, 2020, 1:30 PM

Stephen A** Smith should be the first to go. ESPN has a lot of racists in their network.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 1:44 PM

Best way to solve their budgetary problem is to send their cameramen and techs and then just plug in to each team's radio broadcast crew. Poof budget problem solved! Oh-and get rid of all talk show crap.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love it! Those 300 people DESERVE to LOSE those

Nov 5, 2020, 1:46 PM

JOBS simply due to the fact that I don't agree with some of their political stances.

Re: I love it! Those 300 people DESERVE to LOSE those

Nov 5, 2020, 3:12 PM

JOBS simply due to the fact that I don't agree with some of their political stances.

. The key is, I should not know their political agendas unless I tuned into the ESPN woke agenda politicL broadcast. Otherwise, deliver the sports. Catch up.

Nov 6, 2020, 6:02 AM

The country is falling apart. Even Exxon is laying off 15% of their world workforce. The economy is in shambles worldwide.

Nov 6, 2020, 7:51 PM

So when Joe refuses to make Trump’s vaccine available, and fracking is eliminated in PA/OH, how many more will Exxon let go?

Nov 6, 2020, 7:54 PM

How in world do they keep the ACCN going with all the layoffs?

Nov 7, 2020, 2:47 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN to layoff more than 300 more people! ]

I am not sure. I was told it was a hoax and masks don't matter.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic