Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Going back to the bowling alley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,162

Going back to the bowling alley

Apr 23, 2020, 12:36 PM

I am not yet an old-timer, but my dad is. 84 and relatively healthy. Grew up on a mill hill, cow in the back yard for milk, and chickens for eggs. He raised crops with his dad after his dad got home from the mill in the afternoon. He became the first one in the family to put himself through college via the Army and Navy. He has seen a lot and is well educated. He still doesn't quite know what to make of this...says Polio was scarier, but he was a boy, so his view now may be a little skewed.

He does say, though, for certain...once the Church and the bowling alley reopen, he is going back. Misses his friends and comradery. Is that smart? Probably not, but at some point, you risk losing touch. In South Carolina where the known infection rate is around 0.1%, headed back to crowds with some extra precautions is not an overwhelmingly dumb risk, but isolating yourself from loved ones for an indefinite amount of time (especially when that's something you are short on) may be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, your Dad, like me is living in another scary world post scary polio..

Apr 23, 2020, 1:07 PM

and at our advanced & seasoned ages (hellO Joe21 & kidtiger) it’s unreal to think that we can’t see our buddies in person..and maybe even bowl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going back to the bowling alley

Apr 23, 2020, 2:09 PM

Where do you get .1%. According to the DHEC website today the infection rate today in SC is over 10%?

Bad information and bad decision making is not a good thing, much less publicizing it.

Talk about bad information.

Apr 23, 2020, 2:16 PM

SC has an estimated population of 5.2 million and a cumulative total number of confirmed cases at 4,761. And the vast majority (70+%) of those have already recovered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

bad math skills leading to insane results causing one to

Apr 23, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Going back to the bowling alley ]

make irrational conclusions should also not be publicized

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: bad math skills leading to insane results causing one to

Apr 23, 2020, 2:47 PM

Well said. I hope he doesn't have a job that involves counting or making decisions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going back to the bowling alley

Apr 23, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Going back to the bowling alley ]

Bparent....You need to move the decimal point. 5000÷5,000,000 is .001 or .1%. Sheez....

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,162
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic