Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The coots are going to pay Beamer 12 million dollars to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

The coots are going to pay Beamer 12 million dollars to

Nov 29, 2020, 2:32 PM

coach 4 years and pay Mustcoot 13 million dollars to not coach at all.

Coots are excited. Beamer is an assistant coach and Dabo was an assistant coach therefore Beamer is a great hire. (not really kidding, they are saying that on fgf)

https://twitter.com/sportstalksc/status/1332922820607799299

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoever they get needs to be a dynamite recruiter

Nov 29, 2020, 2:49 PM

It’s decootment season. They’re dropping like flies

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The coots are going to pay Beamer 12 million dollars to

Nov 29, 2020, 3:00 PM

That's absolutely hilarious. I mean, I'd love it if somebody would insult me by giving me a gig that paid $3 million a year, but it'd still make me grumpy to think the guy I was replacing was still making more than me after they specifically brought me in to try to fix what he did to the program.

I'd much rather they took Beamer than Billy Napier or Hugh Freeze anyhow. Napier's a killer recruiter and is going to be a big-time head coach at some point. And I can only imagine having to deal with Freeze and his bagman hijinks again. We had enough of that nonsense with Nkimdiche.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grandpa, can I have some ice cream?

Nov 29, 2020, 3:04 PM

I told you no, kid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beamer currently makes less than $300,000 annually...

Nov 29, 2020, 3:46 PM

Paying a coach with no head coaching or coordinator experience $3 million annually is just further evidence that Ray Tanner is in WAAAAAY over his head as an AD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Tanner: We would like to consider you for our Head Coach

Nov 29, 2020, 4:04 PM

Shane Beamer is someone I can pull for in this profession.

Nov 29, 2020, 4:10 PM

Kinda hope this deal capsizes - hate to see him one and done himself as a Power 5 head coach with so much future in front of him. Can also see SCar's #1 pick getting picked off prior to signing by another program with more merit and money willing to go that direction. I mean, if you were a young coach with maybe a long future in the game ahead of you would you bank it this early on SCar?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as the new coach retains Shaw...

Nov 29, 2020, 4:27 PM

the QB commit won't bail on them IMO. Shaw is the one who has maintained that relationship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: As long as the new coach retains Shaw...

Nov 29, 2020, 7:43 PM

Does it matter?

They go through QB's like S'mores. I've lost track of how many 4-star savior QB's they've managed to break; it's pretty awe-inspiring, actually. I think their current streak started with Connor Mitch; he wound up in traction in 2015 because the dude threw a nice ball but had the pocket awareness and mobility of a statue. Brandon McIlwain was the next one; he hung with them all through the Spurrier-to-finally-Muschamp coaching change just to see the Gamecocks stuff Jake Bentley into the same recruiting class by graduating him early in a bad-faith bait-and-switch deal that would have done Bernie Madoff proud. Bentley took over mid-2016, crawled off the field on all fours just before halftime in that memorable 2016 beatdown, swore Never Again...and proceeded to lose another two, badly, before transferring to Utah. Somewhere in there they also did the bait-and-position-switch thing with Dak Joyner, too.

Ryan Helinski came along last year, flashed mad talent...and then broke before an unrelenting string of soul and spine-crushing hits. He got the hook in favor of Bobo's handpicked transfer from Colorado State, Collin Hill, before they duly broke Hill in short order and now it's 4-star Luke Doty under center.

They haven't even broken Doty yet...though when that inevitably happens, I'm sure this next guy will get it done. Colten Gauthier. Now that's a name. And that face. My word. That face. He looks more Central Casting than that guy from Varsity Blues.

I mean, judge for yourself, fellas. This guy...

or this guy. I think there's no contest, myself...Van Der Beek looks like a total ween in comparison.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since "It just means more" in the SEC, 3 Million a year is

Nov 29, 2020, 7:47 PM

like the lowest entry level pay. Odom at Mizzou was the lowest paid in 2020 at 3.05 Million a year.
:)

Re: The coots are going to pay Beamer 12 million dollars to

Nov 29, 2020, 7:49 PM

Don’t worry in year two Tanner will give him an extension and a raise after he goes 3-9.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic