Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming

Dec 11, 2020, 8:01 AM

As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming

As LSU head coach Ed Orgeron kissed the National Championship Trophy last January and Joe Burrow smiled a million-dollar smile and Odell Beckham Jr. handed out cash like a lawyer handing out business cards at a car wreck, Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney smiled for the cameras and admitted that LSU was the better team. What he didn’t say, but maybe should have, was that it’s harder to stay on top. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just like Minnesota Fats once famously said, and it holds

Dec 11, 2020, 8:04 AM

true for any team trying to beat Bama in the SEC as long as Saban is there:

"Anyone who beats me is just Queen for a Day!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Article David Re: TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming

Dec 11, 2020, 8:24 AM

Great read. As I walked down Poydras St last year with LSU’s worst fans screaming in my/our faces that we sucked, rather than them enjoying their win, I had a smile on my face, as did a lot of Tigers leaving the Superdome. We knew our guys ran into a buzz saw, one that was likely assembled against NCAA rules, and that spring ball was only a few weeks around the corner. Most of us knew LSU was unstable program coached by an unstable comic book character, in a beautiful state that has a centuries long history of corruption and mismanagement.

Everyone cycles in and out. Our run will not last forever so we need to enjoy the consistency that has only been matched by one or two other program in the past 50 years. (Thinking Bama now and FSU of the 90s) Their demise is no surprise. They’ll be back in a few years once the scrutiny is over and they can reassemble a band of gypsies that will again flame out quickly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great Article David Re: TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming

Dec 11, 2020, 8:45 AM

I also had the Poydras Street experience as my daughter and I walked back to the Hilton... vulgarities, beer thrown at us, and as you said, LSU fans missing the opportunity to celebrate an accomplishment... instead, abusing other people. I wrote about it here on TigerNet and had several people tell me that I was a sore loser, never mind that I started by congratulating LSU and then simply stating facts. You are absolutely right in what you are saying. Hopefully, you won't get ripped about it.

Thumbs up for you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great Article David Re: TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming

Dec 11, 2020, 1:02 PM

Amen. We experienced the same, only a little worse.

Dec 11, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Great Article David Re: TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming ]

On point! Enjoy this unbelievable era of Clemson football. Stay humble during the good times. Just remember how pedestrian the Tiger program was the years after Danny Ford left town.
Every program has to rebuild at some point. When the time comes; Let’s hope Clemson’s rebuild doesn’t take on the type of look FSU is going through.

Dec 11, 2020, 1:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Great Article David Re: TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming ]

My feelings are that Dabo will retire from Clemson, and he will have a lot to do with who will be the next FB HC at Clemson, and I feel that it will be someone that Dabo believes, and trust can keep our FB program on point!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comic book character for a coach?

Dec 11, 2020, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Great Article David Re: TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming ]

You mean this one?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One can only smile.....

Dec 11, 2020, 8:42 AM

Reading Coach Swinney’s philosophies....so simple, so real, so practical and so SUCCESSFUL....can only make you smile.

May he never even entertain the thought of leaving....

GO TIGERS!!

Re: TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming

Dec 11, 2020, 9:03 AM

What you have to realize is that there are three elite programs in college football: Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio State. These teams will be good every year.
Other teams will have a great team every now and then when they have a group of experienced upper classmen that gel together: LSU last year and Notre Dame this year. LSU lost practically their entire first team to the NFL and to some players opting-out.
The same thing happens in basketball: UNC, Duke, Kansas. Then Virginia jumps up, then disappears.
In football, Notre Dame will disappear next year like LSU this year. The question is whether we can keep them from beating the elite teams this year.

Dec 11, 2020, 1:18 PM

Agree Ohio St is the third best team in the country over the past 5-10 yrs. but are they elite or just elite in the Big 10?

My take is Clemson beat arguably the best (most talented) team in Ohio St history - a lot of bucknuts were saying that before the game. Lots of butt hurt after the game as has been said before. As for LSU, last year’s team was exceptional on the field and peaked at the right time with two extremely talented coordinators, a precise QB and leader, and lots of junior/senior talent. All gone. Goodbye LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think I would call UVA bball a one hit wonder! They

Dec 11, 2020, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming ]

consistently very good for several years!

Dec 11, 2020, 9:44 AM

LSU may have more penalties when their sexual harassment and assault investigation wraps up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU Sold Their Souls For One Year of Glory

Dec 11, 2020, 9:52 AM

I can't explain it any better than that. Just look at their team this year... 3-5.
LOL!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Dec 11, 2020, 10:21 AM

Why do we all believe in Dabo and the Clemson Tiger football program. Read the article. It’s all there. ‘Nuff said. All In, everyone, all the time.

Dec 11, 2020, 10:53 AM

Reading this article made me think that Coach Swinney doesn't concern himself with "Output Metrics" as the world sees them. He does not focus on "Winning". He knows that winning is a BY PRODUCT of successful inputs! Recruit PEOPLE, hire PEOPLE, focus on you players as family and students first. I am especially fond of the "No Shortcuts" leadership statement. Success lies in doing things the right way. Proof is in the consistency! GO TIGERS!

Dec 11, 2020, 12:41 PM

Did the article mention the impossible to imagine scenario of Dabo winning a national champion

Dec 11, 2020, 1:02 PM

Deer psybj, I’d hate for this article to escape
Your attention you arrogant corndog. Shockingly, you haven’t checked in since October ???????

Message was edited by: BloodbeOrange®

What a great article!!!

Dec 11, 2020, 1:18 PM

Thanks David!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a great article!!!

Dec 11, 2020, 1:20 PM

Ditto. Great article that points out something important.

Dec 11, 2020, 1:28 PM

Now, look. I don't know if Lawrence is a no. 1 NFL pick or not.I have no idea about the LSU program because once that game was over I have no interest in them. What I do know is what the writers for this board won't acknowledge, and that is Lawrence had an absolutely, stone cold dreadful game that night. It didn't help that our wideouts could not or did not get separation, but when they did, Lawrence was wide and high. It was surprising given his game against Alabama previously, but there it was. A horrible performance, Swinney's program or not. Now he has Notre Dame to acquit himself.

Dec 11, 2020, 2:00 PM

Dec 11, 2020, 10:45 PM

Just curious...do you not know how to express your thoughts, opinions and feelings in words? All your gifs are really boring. Just sayin....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 11:49 PM

Man, this is a blow to say the least... Guess I’m a little out of my league here.. I concede.

Dec 12, 2020, 12:23 AM

Funny how one has an R and one doesn’t. I personally appreciate the gifs!

Dec 11, 2020, 2:02 PM

David Hood, this is the best article I've ever read about what Dabo's beliefs are, and how he carries himself day in and day out, and that being the reason that our FB program has been so successful. It is also IMO, this is an article that you should frame and give it to Dabo on his anniversary as becoming the Clemson FB HC, bc it speaks volumes about what has led our FB program to being so successful.

This is truly IMO the best that you've done about the Clemson FB program and the man who has built and sustained it.

Thank you, Mr Hood, and I believe that bc of Dabo's success, it has helped with you becoming a better sports writer!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Dec 11, 2020, 2:06 PM

I wish Dabo would write a book on values and leadership. I for one would buy it in a heartbeat. Go Tigers!

Dec 11, 2020, 2:12 PM

They print one every year and you can still buy this year’s. Look for Clemson Media Guide ??

Dec 11, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: As LSU struggles with culture, Swinney's program keeps on humming ]

There has been a book already written, it's the Holy Bible, and that is where learned what he knows about being a good man!!!

Polar opposite programs.***

Dec 11, 2020, 2:12 PM

null

Dec 11, 2020, 2:29 PM

Whatever your life philosophy, it is hard to argue with Dabos...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 4:17 PM

It's like I tell people about losing a 4 **** or 5 ***** star who decommits, that's not a bad thing it's a great thing, with that type character , he's not a CLEMSON Man anyway! Great article!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on, David!

Dec 11, 2020, 11:41 PM

It is the consistency of the program which is its keystone.

And its built with a brick-upon-a-brick-upon-a-brick attitude and methodology (i.e., all the parts and pieces described in the article). But, boys and girls, that makes for a formidable wall!

Go, Tigers! BYOG!

Dec 12, 2020, 8:09 AM

God, respect and constant reinforcement of those building blocks have brought this program to where it is today! These guys learn to love each other, their coaches and being the best they can be on and off the field. Dabo Swinney is a man of God and has reaped the benefits of believing that comes first and foremost. He and his program approach take kids from all walks of life and turns them into successful men. I admire him more that his successful football team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic