Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hogan's Heroes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Hogan's Heroes

Oct 2, 2020, 7:21 PM

I'm an old Hogan's Heroes fan who still enjoys all of the old reruns. I've seen many episodes where they are preparing different food items in their barrack but have never seen one episode where they are eating in the prison mess hall. Have any of ever seen a prison mess hall in any of the episodes?

I hope you realize this is an earth shattering question.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hogan's Heroes

Oct 2, 2020, 7:23 PM

No, I haven't. Sometimes they refer to it, though.

I've seen the inside of the rec hall, though, when they stored a stolen Panzer in there. ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know nothing!!!!!!***

Oct 2, 2020, 7:26 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a 'Banner' post!

Oct 2, 2020, 7:58 PM

Well done!

Re: That's a 'Banner' post!

Oct 2, 2020, 11:29 PM

I see what you did there. lol

No need, what with LeBeau cooking up French cuisine...

Oct 2, 2020, 7:29 PM

...all the time. By the way, he's (actor Robert Clary) still going strong at 94 years of age.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Oct 2, 2020, 7:52 PM

They were always negotiating for another slice of bread, but I never saw any.

And by the way...I SEE NOTHING!!!!

Message was edited by: The Mole®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great show!

Oct 2, 2020, 8:08 PM

My friend's dad was captured in Italy shortly after Anzio and spent almost a year in a German POW camp. He lost almost a hundred pounds during captivity, but fully recovered. Even he thought the show was funny though far from realistic. I looked forward to it every week along with the Wild Wild West, Ironsides and the Man From Uncle. However, Gunsmoke was my fav. Thanks Joe21 for jogging my memory. As to your question, I don't recall the dining hall.

Oct 2, 2020, 8:10 PM

I watch these old reruns every night at 10:00 and 10:30 on Metv. Most of the time I never make it to the 10:30 show I'm fast asleep by then.

Oct 2, 2020, 8:41 PM

One of my favorite shows followed by baa baa black sheep. Gotta love the shenanigans these guys pull and the art that they accomplish these deals....great TV!

Oct 2, 2020, 9:53 PM

Those shows made watching T.V. a fun thing, unlike today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 9:51 PM

My dad loves watching reruns of Hogan’s heroes too. It’s funny that almost all of the Nazis on the show are played by Jewish actors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No but they eat at Hiffbrau Haus

Oct 2, 2020, 10:04 PM

Sometimes and Klink’s dining toom

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 10:10 PM

Me too! I watch them every night. I have seen every episode. Before YouTube got Money Hungry someone had uploaded every episode. So every night I would about 6 episodes.

Great great show!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 10:54 PM

My own name (actually) is Hogan. To this day people often say when I introduce myself, "oh, you mean like, 'Hogan's Heroes'"? and I say yeah, but nope, not that Hogan, I'm Ben's nephew, etc., etc., etc.... (of course I am not.) However, the younger folks look at me like a "deer in the headlights". and have no clue as to either Bob Crane, or the golf legend. I kinda' prefer that.

No. I never have.***

Oct 2, 2020, 10:36 PM

Oct 2, 2020, 10:46 PM

I don't recall one.

Oct 2, 2020, 11:47 PM

A man named "Hogan", the "Galloping Hogan", leading a group of nationalists in Ireland called the "Rapparees", with guerilla tactics, prevented the troops of "King Billy" from taking the city of Limerick back in the 17th cent. - which kept him from taking utter control of Ireland. We can thank him for stemming the tide of British imperialism. (Yeah, I got some issues here regarding things Irish and Catholic, but screw ND, the Jesuits lost "Faith" a long time ago.)

Go Tigers!!!

I interviewed the last of the Hogan's Heroes a few years ago

Oct 2, 2020, 11:55 PM

for the Library of Congress. He was a wonderful 97 y.o. beloved great grandfather. Sgt. Tom Barksdale was from Graycourt. Tom was quite a hero, winning 2 Bronze Stars, one, for saving a crew mate, who was seriously wounded when their plane was hit. He put the parachute on him and pushed him out, telling him to pull the ripcord when he could not hear the engine anymore. When they hit the ground, Tom knew he had to get help for him right away, so he got up in a tree looking for nearby Nazis. His crewmate was taken to a hospital, and the rest of the crew was sent to Stalag 17 in Austria. Tom was called Pappy,(he was the oldest at 22) and was the tall quiet Southerner in the series. Sgt. Tom verified the truth of most of the stories, and said the guards, like Sgt.Shultz and Colonel Klink, were not really Nazis and treated them pretty well, until the Gestapo did the inspections. Then they had to act strict, which was the basis of the humor. You can look up Tom at the The Veterans History Project at the Library of Congress. Also, there is a great book about Stalag 17 called THE FLAME KEEPERS, by the little tunnel digger called Ned Handy, co written by Kemp Battle. Pappy was mentioned respectfully in the book several times. He turned out to be a leader getting along with everybody. Until about 2005, they had a reunion every year. The airman saved by Sgt. Tom visited him every year on his way to Fl. from his home in New Jersey. Sgt. Tom turned from construction, like his Father, to becoming a CFO of a lumber company in Spartanburg.
In real life, "Hogan" (not his real name) was the main man, because he could speak German and knew the Geneva Accords.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2020, 12:42 AM

It’s sad they never convicted anyone for Bob Crane’s (Hogan’s) murder.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic