Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had one of my worst fan interactions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Had one of my worst fan interactions

Sep 28, 2019, 11:33 PM

At the game today and I'm sad to say it was with "fans" of our team. Drunk, belligerent, and obnoxious. One of them got pissed off at his girlfriend and poured a beer on her head that then landed on top of my 7yo son. Needless to say I about went atomic nuclear holocaust on him and he wisely left and never returned. Then his girlfriend was tapping on my brothers shoulders like drums, after he switched seats with his kid so she wouldn't do it to them. He politely asked her to stop to which she said "I thought you would like it." Then the remaining guy friend of theirs took one of ours seats during halftime to which I quickly had to bounce him out of it. He mouthed off while stumbling away. He eventually made his way back to his original seat to which he kept driving his knee into my brother's arm that was around his daughter's shoulders. Finally everyone around them had enough and had to get the police to remove them and they had the nerve to tell us they would "pray for people like us" Never in my life have I ever seen fans at a Clemson game like this. It was such a disappointment and one that I hope I never see again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had forgotten how Kenan Stadium leaves you absolutely

Sep 28, 2019, 11:38 PM

no leg room. It's hard to not have your knees in the back of the person sitting in front of you. You have to be under 5'8" to be able to sit comfortably there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had forgotten how Kenan Stadium leaves you absolutely

Sep 28, 2019, 11:46 PM

Nah this guy was driving his knee into him on purpose. I'm 6' and my knees didn't touch the seats in front of me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 11:46 PM [ in reply to I had forgotten how Kenan Stadium leaves you absolutely ]

Nah this guy was driving his knee into him on purpose. I'm 6' and my knees didn't touch the seats in front of me.

Sep 30, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to I had forgotten how Kenan Stadium leaves you absolutely ]

User Logo
owensb01®
All-TigerNet [12002]
TigerPulse: 100%
I had forgotten how Kenan Stadium leaves you absolutely [3]
Posted: Sep 28, 2019 11:38 PM

no leg room. It's hard to not have your knees in the back of the person sitting in front of you. You have to be under 5'8" to be able to sit comfortably there.

GUESS I WAS AT A DIFFERENT GAME. THE GAME I WAS AT HAD CHAIRBACK SEATS WITH PLENTY OF LEG ROOM, WAAAAAY MORE LEG ROOM AND SEAT ROOM THAN WE HAVE AT CLEMSON.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had one of my worst fan interactions

Sep 28, 2019, 11:39 PM

Sad, sorry you dealt with that sorry Clemson wannabe fan drinking way to much! It’s sad when alcohol is abused at a family game or anywhere else.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 28, 2019, 11:39 PM

I'm sure all schools have them, but one thing I like about Clemson fans is that there doesn't seem to be very many of them, until a Coot shows up!!:)

I overheard a lady on the way out of the stadium saying how much better acting and respectful the Clemson fans were than the App fans. I leaned over and said, "They were probably high!":) She laughed and said, "You're probably right!"

ST

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 11:41 PM

High is better than Drunk, to be sure.

Sep 28, 2019, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Had one of my worst fan interactions ]

You know, in 30 years of Clemson games and not seeing that kind of behavior I guess I got a false sense of reality and really did think we didn't have any like that. But it is true there are bad apples in every bunch. I am thankful that in our fan base they are an anomaly

Sep 28, 2019, 11:54 PM

GF look good?

Sep 29, 2019, 10:31 AM

I watched on TV

Sep 30, 2019, 6:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Had one of my worst fan interactions ]

Well that depends. If you like it when you can't tell if they are pregnant or just have a really large beer gut then yeah sure you'd probably have liked the way she looked...

Sep 29, 2019, 10:40 AM

Watching on TV from home is so much better. I would have to be paid to go to a game. I am glad some people love going. I appreciate them going and making all of the noise and creating the atmosphere. I will just stay at the nice home with AC, no driving, cheap, great TV, comfortable seating, and no crowds. Thanks for your effort though. Youre a warrior.

Downside of selling beer inside a college football stadium.

Sep 29, 2019, 11:36 AM

I saw a LOT of drunk Clemson folks in my area that were having problems standing up. NOT a good idea.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Downside of selling beer inside a college football stadium.

Sep 30, 2019, 6:18 AM

Can you imagine what going to a NC State game is going to be like now with beer sales? I already wouldn't go back to that stadium before they decided to allow those sales. I can only imagine the abuse our fans will have directed towards them now there...It will be like Billy Brice...

Re: Downside of selling beer inside a college football stadium.

Sep 30, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Downside of selling beer inside a college football stadium. ]

Agree 100%. Some folks just can't handle it in private or in public.

Sep 29, 2019, 11:44 AM

Stubhub ticketing liquidity + the bandwagon effect are not good for the average fan quality. 1st world problems to be sure. If you hang out in the student section, this kind of behavior is pretty common. Moderation is a learned behavior. Some people never mature past that stage unfortunately.

Sep 30, 2019, 6:19 AM

These folks were in their upper 30's low 40's....

Sep 29, 2019, 12:57 PM

That is pale in comparison to some of the “fans” in here during and after the game. Surely these people did not attend Clemson. ??

Sep 30, 2019, 6:24 AM

Yeah I learned a long time ago to not spend a lot of time on here after losses and close games lol. I freely admit to being a "T-shirt fan" or whatever I'm called. But I have been for all 40+ years of my life. But it was spending my life being around fellow Clemson fans that taught me how to behave at games. As I said before, I have never seen this kind of behavior in person by our fan base.

Maybe some of the bandwagon fans

Sep 29, 2019, 1:18 PM

fell off the wagon Saturday.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Maybe some of the bandwagon fans

Sep 30, 2019, 6:25 AM

That's actually hilarious, thanks for the laugh this early Monday am

Sep 29, 2019, 10:04 PM

There are a lot of bandwagon fans right now. They are about as bad as the bandwagon Miami and FSU trash of the 80s and 90s.

Sep 30, 2019, 6:26 AM

It's funny you say that. I actually saw someone wearing a Clemson chain a la Miami at the game. As I passed by I thought to myself, "Did I really just see that?"

They can pray for me

Sep 30, 2019, 9:15 AM

I need all the help I can get

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 30, 2019, 9:54 AM

Pigs of said girlfriend please....can only then make a determination of your complaint...

Sep 30, 2019, 10:40 AM

See description above...and if she was pregnant she was drinking enough to mess that baby up for life...

I like to drink

Sep 30, 2019, 9:56 AM

But this is exactly the reason why it is a horrible idea to sell alcohol at college games. People get drunk enough before the game and to sell beer during the game is encouraging bad behavior. I’m not for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Sep 30, 2019, 10:41 AM

I personally like to get my fill before a game so that I have plenty of time to sober up before driving home.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic