Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys it to dangerous to have a football season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Guys it to dangerous to have a football season

Oct 19, 2020, 9:30 PM

Oh how quickly we forget.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season

Oct 20, 2020, 12:23 AM

Hey idiot, have you seen the number of games cancelled/rescheduled already? Have you seen the number of players/coaches who’ve gotten it? Both college and NFL teams are struggling to keep it under control. And kudos to the teams implementing and following safety measures - both on field and in the stands. Masks, social distancing, limited capacity, extra buses for teams, extra precautions in hotels. Those things are taking place and there’s still outbreaks causing cancellations and pausing of activities. Imagine if we followed what you want everyone to do and just go willy-nilly with 80,000 fans, no masks, and no safety measures. GTFOH with your BS.

just call it a mostly peaceful protest

Oct 20, 2020, 12:26 AM

and everyone is safe

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 1:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

Funny you call someone an idiot. You are not going to keep this virus under control just like you don't keep cancer,the flu, colds or any other virus under control. It is going to run it's course. So I guess everytime someone tests positive for the flu we should shut the country down huh? You wuflu slaves need to just stop. Get back to life. If you want to live in fear of a virus then by all means hide in the basement with Biden. I prefer like many other Americans to live life with or without some stupid virus. All you thumbs downers bring it on you little wussies!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 5:48 AM

We keep the flu under control. We keep cancer under control.

Oct 20, 2020, 9:06 AM

They are really under control this year. Everything is being labeled Covid-19 related. The flu and many other death causing illnesses have almost been eradicated.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Oct 20, 2020, 9:17 AM

We will see after flu season. I got my flu vaccination for the first time. Now watch me catch the flu.

Oct 20, 2020, 9:52 AM

I'm getting my flu shot this week.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Oct 20, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

You probably will. I used to get the flu shot every year until I got the flu 4 years in a row. Quit taking the shot in 2013 and haven't had it since. This is what really turned me off to all this vaccine crap and believing all the hype the medical experts put out there. They want to make money. If people aren't sick they aren't making any money. Not hard to see how this works.

Oct 20, 2020, 10:59 AM

Statistics and vaccines don't work that way. Vaccines are extremely effective at keeping infection rates down.

Flu vaccines are normally about 40-60+% effective to the seasonal flu. Why? Because mutations with the virus can make the cocktail used ineffective - but that is only to mutations. They are effective against strains the vaccine is effective against. However, the strains that spread normally are not the strains that the vaccine targets. Duh.

But you have to take things at a micro level.

Thus, if one person has the flu and is in contact with 10 people - upon 4 contact "generations" points, that one person would potentially infect 1,000 people (1x10x10x10) - keeping the number basic here.

With a vaccine (lets just assume 50% effectiveness and 100% vaccination) that 1,000 cases turns into 125 cases (1x5x5x5)

A individually 50% effective vaccine can drop cases by 87.5% over 4 "cycles" with 100% vaccination rates.

However, about only 50% get the vaccine (you know about 50% have above average intelligence too) and combined that with a 50% effective vaccine, you are looking at 422 flue cases (1x7.4x7.5x7.5). A reduction in flue cases of 50% and that is with a resistant population of only 25% (effective vaccines treatments)

Finally, while rare you chances of getting the flu or flu-like illness 4 times in a row with a vaccine is likely about the same as not getting the vaccine and NOT getting the flu for 5 years. You basically have about a 10-20% of catching the flu each year so that is akin to rolling a dice and getting "6" in 4-6 consecutive rolls. Not super high % but still in the relm of likely.

Oct 20, 2020, 10:59 AM

*correction look at it from the macro level

Hi #3. The thing I'm most concerned about are the children.

Oct 20, 2020, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

Seriously.

Not so much for Covid, but more so the flu.

The flu kills more kids than covid does or will. Period. Sooo, why are we not locking down schools and/or requiring masks in schools during flu season?

The hypocrisy of mask bandits is pretty sickening. Note: I wear a mask, but I have no illusions on effectiveness.

Oct 20, 2020, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

ok then why even take it if your odds are the same either way? Just asking a serious question.

Whoa!!

Oct 20, 2020, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

Oct 20, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

Please feel free to quaranteam at home and virtue signal to everyone that you are saving lives. Can you tell me how many of these players and coaches that caught it have died? I'll give you a hint it rhymes with hero.

Oct 20, 2020, 5:18 PM

To take it even farther, not a single coach or player have even been hospitalized. ZERO.

Oct 20, 2020, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

To take it even farther, not a single coach or player have even been hospitalized. ZERO.

Oct 20, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

Take your nasty mouth and the school yard language you use somewhere else.

Do you have any statistics in how teams are contracting COVID

Oct 20, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

versus the regular population? Just want to see how many more are getting it because they are playing football. You seem to be implying that none of these cases would happen if they had not played football.

null

I don't know the numbers but surely EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM

Oct 20, 2020, 3:16 PM

are due to the dummies not wearing masks. All of them.

Yet again, Covid is an AIRBORNE respiratory virus. A piece of cloth (which most people are wearing), surgical masks, and even N95 masks DO NOT stop the virus from being emitted into the air or absorbed by breathing. When you walk through the Walmart, the virus, if present, will be spreading though exhaled air to inhaled air. PERIOD.

In case someone doesn't know - masks reduce larger droplets, like those found in coughing, spitting, and sneezing. They do not even completely stop those.

Did anyone tell the mask bitcher that masks are mandatory at football games, even though we are social distanced and outside.

To answer your question, no, the mask bitcher has not real data. Just fear.

Thanks a lot to all you non-mask wearing, coughing, sneezing, and spitting dummies for killing football players and coaches! You selfish bass turds!

Oct 20, 2020, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

https://twitter.com/andrewbostom/status/1308496346454913026/photo/1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are morans and then there are MORONS.***

Oct 20, 2020, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Guys it to dangerous to have a football season ]

Oct 20, 2020, 6:36 AM

I haven't forgotten one bit. Every time Clemson plays football it gives me joy to be completely focused on just football. Maybe you forgot-maybe you just feel the need to invite more crap-I certainly havent.......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 5:26 PM

English, please.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic