Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does Miami stack up against us?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

How does Miami stack up against us?

Nov 27, 2017, 1:15 PM

I have not watched Miami's games this year but got to see a little bit of their defeat to Pitt.

I read that their main NFL calibre TE is out for the season.

Their QB looks like a poor man's version of KB2. Hows their RBs and WRs when compared to ours?

Is their defence great? All that turn over chains and all.

I think we should win, but I worry a little that their might be more motivated after their last week's defeat and I hope our defense is not distracted by Venables chatter about Arky.

My prediction 27-14 , Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watched the Pitt game, and they looked Horrible

Nov 27, 2017, 1:20 PM

I don't think I've ever seen so many dropped passes and bad throws ever in a game for a team that passes regularly. If they had even a third of those passes back they would have won. It was so bad their starting QB got pulled for a series in the third quarter I think, and the backup was bad they put the starter back in. Pitt didn't even have particularly good defense on them, the whole team just had butterfingers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watched the Pitt game, and they looked Horrible

Nov 27, 2017, 1:47 PM

Don’t let the Pitt game fool you. Go back and watch our Cuse game....we looked like a first year high school team. Miami looked like that against Pitt

Re: How does Miami stack up against us?

Nov 27, 2017, 1:24 PM

If i were to compare them with a team it would be FSU... Offense not so great... Defense fast and athletic. If we dont give them any turnovers or momentum... We should win by 2 TDs.

I think we're going to pound them***

Nov 27, 2017, 1:25 PM

They tend to play to the level of their competition so...

Nov 27, 2017, 1:27 PM

don't expect it to be easy.

They're much better than the chickens.

Nov 27, 2017, 1:30 PM

We should only beat them by three touchdowns.

Nov 27, 2017, 2:19 PM

Miami is the real deal. They are what FSU was supposed to be this year.

QB is a fair passer and a great runner.

Their D is solid but prone to giving up passing yards.

They are known for making good adjustments and being a 2nd half team.

It's not going to be easy but I think we take it in the 28-17 range.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 2:24 PM

BV to Arkansas chatter is just chatter, nothing to it.

A key stat often overlooked is 3rd down conversions and 3rd down conversion defense. Clemson over Miami all day on this one. Their QB is a freshman and played like one on Friday against a defense that was NOT very good. They haven't been on the big stage in a long long time, Clemson has. This game could turn out to be something like 34-20. Additionally Miami also ranks near the bottom in KOR defense. I wouldn't be surprised to see Etienne break one on these guys.

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 2:38 PM

Rosier is not a freshman. He was there when we killed,them in Miami 3 seasons ago

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 3:01 PM

Wow, I blew that one. I could have sworn I hear he was a freshman. Maybe I heard first year starter and got it mixed up. My bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: How does Miami stack up against us? ]

Is he the one we knocked out in 1st quarter?

Nov 27, 2017, 3:19 PM

No, that was Kaaya.

They Don't.

Nov 27, 2017, 2:22 PM

Next Question?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

uh...this^^^^***

Nov 27, 2017, 3:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Bump***

Dec 2, 2017, 11:45 PM [ in reply to They Don't. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nov 27, 2017, 2:28 PM

They have a quick RB. Their QB can run pretty well and is an okay passer. Their D is athletic, has size and speed. They hit hard and cause havoc. They do get a lot of turnovers some from big hits others from pressure and disguised coverages. They could give us a hard time in the passing game. They do a good job taking away the short passing game. We will need to hit Deon and Tee down field and open it up. TnT need to be lights out along with Choice and Fuller. Our line will have to man up and I think we see a 60+ rushing yard game for KB. Our OCs do a good job taking what teams give us and that is what we will have to do. Misdirections and screens well keep them on their heels. I think we play a lot like against SC but will some more QB runs. Also I think we will pitch it out on 3rd and short with the fake hand off and fake pitch that KB usually keeps.

Turnovers

Nov 27, 2017, 2:54 PM

If we don't turn over the ball we should win easily. Their offense completely relies on turnovers by their defense.

Nov 27, 2017, 3:05 PM

There’s was an article from Tigernet that gave their D and O ranking vs ours both nationally and in Conference the other day. I don’t see it right off now but I didn’t look very hard either. Pretty sure we were well ahead in almost every single one. If you spend a couple of minutes looking, you can likely find it.

Nov 27, 2017, 3:34 PM

I have been over at Hurricane forums today looking around and the fans biggest fear is our D line against their O line. They are terrified of our NFL D line pushing their O line into Rosier all night. Also their NFL talent TE being out for the year REALLY hurts them.
They are, on the other hand, confident that they can create turnovers off of errant throws from Kelly Bryant.
Personally, I feel like the we can produce enough offense from our run game and short passes (with a few safe deep balls thrown in to keep the safeties honest) to keep KB out of trouble. But our D will shut down Miami.
Tigers win 27-17 and yes we will make 2 FGs!!!

Nov 27, 2017, 3:40 PM

And hopefully Tre Lamar will be ready to play, and he is a FORCE on the inside.

Kind of like this ...***

Nov 27, 2017, 3:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic