Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How good is NSCU's defensive line this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

How good is NSCU's defensive line this year?

Oct 8, 2018, 10:04 PM

I have a "sneaking suspicion" that the NCSU game may come down to line play, specifically our offensive line versus their defensive line. How good are they this year after losing a lot of talented players from last year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to be honest..... p!ss poor***

Oct 8, 2018, 10:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: to be honest..... p!ss poor***

Oct 8, 2018, 10:15 PM

NCSU seems to keep talented DL starters. The question is; will they have depth? Hard to imagine with a team as senior latent as they were a year ago. Plus, w/o being a top 10 recruiting school it's hard to imagine they are. But, they could be the new version of Wake Forrest. In other words, they use to take 3 stars and red shirt them; strengthen them physically and during that off year hopefully mentally too. By the time that same kid is a senior they are tough as nails.

I think they have a solid CB and a stud LB but beyond that; hard to say! They played BC when BC did not have option 1, 2 or 4 A.J. Dillon. Basically playing one handed and BC still managed 23 points. Of course, BC OL is always one of the best in the country too!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just watched the 4th of the BC game and they only got to

Oct 8, 2018, 10:18 PM

Re: How good is NSCU's defensive line this year?

Oct 8, 2018, 10:56 PM

When they bring 12 guys into the box to stop ETN they'll get pressure. But there should be plenty of opportunity on quick throws for some big plays!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 11:25 PM

If they put 12 in the box, we will accept the penalty for to many men on the field every time they do it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Davet Doreen's Laptop/pad on da fritz...

Oct 8, 2018, 11:29 PM

trying to get 14 on 11.

Twelve guys in the box???

Oct 8, 2018, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: How good is NSCU's defensive line this year? ]

I dink dat's wun tew minny.

Oct 8, 2018, 11:28 PM

Statement game for a Clemson team that needs it after getting their heads right on a needed bye week... Mark it down. Championship mode starts in 2 weeks. Go Tigers!!!

Oct 8, 2018, 11:37 PM

I like the way you think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 11:30 PM

They held BC to 318 yds this weekend , which is about 100 yds below their avg . Of course , BC is a one-trick mule without elite WR and a decent but not spectacular QB .
I anticipate that we run through NCST , maybe it takes 4 quarters of starters but they will not be close to doing what they did in 2016 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 9, 2018, 12:36 AM

A little difficult to say based on who they have played. James Madison, Georgia State, Marshall, Virginia, Boston College.

They’re giving up 107yds per game on the ground, 234yds per game in the air so far. Total defense ranked 32? Rush defense ranked 15, pass defense ranked 84. They have 13 sacks in 5 games.

To me, all of that is colored by a lack of competition.

Their QB has only been sacked twice. So either they’re great or he gets it out super fast or they’ve played nobody. They’re 5-0, not many can say that, but I’m looking at their schedule and it raises questions in my mind.

Oct 9, 2018, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Re: How good is NSCU's defensive line this year? ]

That should have been kinda easy with NC State stacking 12 in the box. That extra man will flush the QB every time!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: How good is NSCU's defensive line this year? ]

Course, Dillon wasn't there either, that total might have been quite a bit more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're nothing that a few jew sweeps and short crisp...

Oct 9, 2018, 6:30 AM

passes to WR's and TE crossing the middle can't negate. Dabo has the paddle for NCS' bottom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They're nothing that a few jew sweeps and short crisp...

Oct 9, 2018, 6:49 AM

Maybe it’s just me, but this post seems germans.

Oct 9, 2018, 7:16 AM

they have an over/under of 6 towels.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic