Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter Johnson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Hunter Johnson

Nov 23, 2020, 11:58 AM

Northwestern is having a good season and are ranked but Hunter Johnson has not played at all this year. I know he had a ton of personal problems last year but am curious if anyone knows what has happened to him this year. Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter Johnson

Nov 23, 2020, 12:02 PM

In the nicest way possible...he isn’t very good at playing QB

Nov 23, 2020, 12:22 PM

Hunter was recruited by Clemson to be part of a very spread offense. I'm sure the Wildcats' schemes are very different. I wonder if that transition has been a bit tough. Also, let's face it, he doesn't have the explosive players at Northwestern he had at Clemson. And as it has already been pointed out, his mom's situation last year was very difficult. I would give him another shot. He was highly recruited.

All I know is that he took a break

Nov 23, 2020, 12:07 PM

from football last season to help care for his mom and her breast cancer fight . . . Don’t be too quick to judge . . . It’s not a good look.

Link:
https://www.espn.com/espn/print?id=27964461

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All I know is that he took a break

Nov 23, 2020, 4:44 PM

"Don’t be too quick to judge . . . It’s not a good look."

What the heck does that mean? All I was doing was to try to find out how he is and why he isn't playing. I don't need some wise guy trying to start trouble with the comment you made! :(

Peyton Ramsey

Nov 23, 2020, 12:07 PM

Peyton Ramsey is evidently pretty good and had been expected to take over when he transferred.

Maybe Hunter can take over next year.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2020/10/23/sports/football-a-year-after-beating-northwestern-ramsey-steps-into-starting-quarterback-job-in-purple/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He might have been "over-evaluated" coming out of HS

Nov 23, 2020, 12:38 PM

He ran a run first offense in HS and had to adjust to play in a Spread/RPO Offense at Clemson..

I'll say this..

He looked really in mop up duty in 17'...

But some dude named Trevor came in the spring of 18... And.. Well... The rest they say is history...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He might have been "over-evaluated" coming out of HS

Nov 23, 2020, 12:53 PM

I think so!

He had all the measurables and "looked the part"! This is why year in and year out former 3 star guys enter the NFL. While those slam dunk 5 star players don't always. To me if you were a 5 star; you should be going NFL if you improve just a little bit in college.

But, as is often the case, recruiting services only know so much. Summer camps in shorts and 7 on 7 can only tell you so much. Our coaching staff has done a masterful job of finding talent others have not valued as much. Hunter was a great kid and had all the measurables. Of course, he was given a Clemson opportunity to compete for the starting job at Clemson.
I like that he never belly ached or felt done wrong(not to my knowledge anyway). Keep it moving and take advantage of other opportunities Hunter! Take care of mom and get back at it after she gets well!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think back to how both Hunter and Zerrick looked at

Nov 23, 2020, 5:36 PM [ in reply to He might have been "over-evaluated" coming out of HS ]

Syracuse when they played in the second half. With all those weapons, neither could make anything happen.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He plays a vital role in competing and getting other QBs to

Nov 23, 2020, 12:41 PM

elevate their game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 23, 2020, 6:07 PM

He has played in several games this year.

Nov 23, 2020, 6:10 PM

https://nusports.com/sports/football/roster/hunter-johnson/8969

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic