Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We do not control our own destiny to the ACC Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

We do not control our own destiny to the ACC Championship

Nov 9, 2020, 9:51 AM

I maybe wrong but I unfortunately think there is a way we win out and do not make it to the ACC Championship game and thus miss out on the playoffs. The two best WINNING PERCENTAGE teams make it to the ACC Championship. Notre Dame is a given if they win out. What if one of our three remaining games is cancelled due to COVID and cannot be made up before Dec. 19. If Miami wins out and is able to play all of their games they would have a better WINNING PERCENTAGE than us (9-1 vs 8-1). In particular, if our game with VT has to be postponed we will not be able to make it up because they already are making up a game with UVA on Dec. 12.
We better hope that the remaining 3 teams do not cancel on us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, the way things are breaking in 2020..

Nov 9, 2020, 9:54 AM

I wouldn’t doubt that happening!

Saying, Better brace our minds & emotions!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We do not control our own destiny to the ACC Championship

Nov 9, 2020, 9:58 AM

In that scenario with Miami, I believe the first tiebreaker would be our head to head win against them. If we had not played them, then I believe winning percentage is the second tiebreaker.

I could be wrong too, but that's how I understood the deciding factors.

Nov 9, 2020, 10:06 AM

I in fact just read the tie breaker policy and thankfully I was wrong. The policy states "in the event there is an unequal total number of conference games played among teams tied in the loss column, head-to-head results will take precedence over win-percentage". So, even if one of our games is cancelled we won the head-to-head with miami. Thus we are in and they are not.

I propose that Clemson open up Death Valley an telecast the game on the big screen since no one can go to the game. Then when we destroy ND we can rush the field!

TAKE THIS POAST DOWN IMMEDIATELY! ! !

Nov 9, 2020, 10:16 AM

jk tigerrag! I was pretty sure of the info watson added, but thanks to him for confirming.

GO TIGERS !!!!!

WIN OUT and let’s ‘talk to the domers’ in Charlotte....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Alabama won a championship and didn't play in the SEC Championship game

Nov 9, 2020, 10:01 AM

If it's the best 4 teams, I would hope the same grace would be given to the Tigers.

hahahahaha

Nov 9, 2020, 6:19 PM

hahahahahaha!!!! oh wait......you're serious? Didn't you hear? we play in the weak old ACC! While Bama plays in the MIGHTY SEC!!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 10:01 AM

Gotta think the playoff committee would take that under consideration. If a BIG 10 team could get in with less than a normal slate of games then why wouldn't Clemson.

Nov 9, 2020, 10:08 AM

I in fact just read the tie breaker policy and thankfully I was wrong. The policy states "in the event there is an unequal total number of conference games played among teams tied in the loss column, head-to-head results will take precedence over win-percentage". So, even if one of our games is cancelled we won the head-to-head with miami. Thus we are in and they are not.

I propose that Clemson open up Death Valley an telecast the game on the big screen since no one can go to the game. Then when we destroy ND we can rush the field!

What if ND loses a game?***

Nov 9, 2020, 7:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could have been an interesting tie-breaker, if ND played

Nov 9, 2020, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: We do not control our own destiny to the ACC Championship ]

Miami this year, lost to them and Clemson, ND & Miami all ended up 9-1 in conference, and each would be 1-1 against the other two! What would be the tie-breaker in that scenario?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They already started the tex am in the PO train

Nov 9, 2020, 10:18 AM

They can start 1 for clemson when the possibility of not getting in becomes more realistic.

If Clemson doesnt make it, oh well. If you lose, you lose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: They already started the tex am in the PO train

Nov 9, 2020, 11:57 AM

If we win out and win in CLT, we're in the playoffs. Got to get healthy for sure. A healthy Clemson team beats ND. I feel pretty good about our chances.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 1:14 PM

What if Kelly comes up Thursday before ACCC and says we sick.Cant play.Thanks we will take a bye to playoffs.We done beat Clemson .

Nov 9, 2020, 1:22 PM

Never underestimate the ability of a Roman Catholic to try to cheat the system. Google "papal dispensations" if you don't believe me.

Nov 9, 2020, 4:53 PM

The only game this could be a thing is VT. If Pitt or FSU couldn’t be played on the scheduled date it would be moved to 12/12 (VT is playing UVA that day already).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2020, 10:55 AM

We win and we are in. We beat Miami who is the only other 1 loss team. If Miami were to beat ND we still beat them so we would be in. ND would be out. Head to head matchups.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2020, 11:04 AM

Miami and ND don't play.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic