Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Even if you consider yourself LDR, what do you find
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Even if you consider yourself LDR, what do you find

Sep 11, 2020, 1:16 PM

stupidly expensive for the value?

For me, it's a set of decent bath towels. A set of Ralph Lauren bath towels (2 towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash clothes) is like $75 dollars, and that's if you can find them at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. Ordering online is like $120+ just for decorative towels that no one is allowed to use.

And don't get me started on high-quality sheets.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember that one time TOTE1 took a

Sep 11, 2020, 1:18 PM

high quality sheet on CS02

Gender Reveal Party Favors

Sep 11, 2020, 1:19 PM

https://twitter.com/crowngaurav/status/1304039159871537152?s=20

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need to be gathered up

Sep 11, 2020, 1:20 PM

and shot.

I don't know much about them

but those ####### essential oils my wife buy are nuttsbutts.

I don't even know what they do other than add them with some water to make some vapor that has a different smell.

You cannot put a price on COVID protection***

Sep 11, 2020, 1:20 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These aren't the ward off witches and disease types

Sep 11, 2020, 1:23 PM

they're the room smelling good, make me relax so I can go to sleep better if i spray my pillow type.

Wife had a cousin who would do that with like peppermint oil for headaches and stuff like that. Sad thing is she was a nurse. We both shook our heads at them ijits.

I don't think I"ve ever seen essential oils that weren't

Sep 11, 2020, 1:54 PM

part of some pyramid scheme.

That's why they are essential

Sep 11, 2020, 1:58 PM

So the chick on facebook selling them can pay for her Volvo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

office supplies - was at Staples yesterday.

The lowest priced legal pads were lie $13 for 20. Dass some BULLCHIT MAIN!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

High quality sheets rule***

Sep 11, 2020, 1:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG

Sep 11, 2020, 1:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

quality fishing reel.

Sep 11, 2020, 1:22 PM

A Van Staal, Or Shimano Stella, or even an ITR start around $700. That sucks.

Why would anybody need anything more than a zebco 33***

Sep 11, 2020, 1:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

And this is part of what I meant when I said we live

Sep 11, 2020, 1:41 PM

completely different lives.

Have you used a Zebco in the past 20 years?

Sep 11, 2020, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Why would anybody need anything more than a zebco 33*** ]

My dad still uses one from the late 70s and it's held up better than the ones we bought 5-8 years ago. Fishing tackle is pure garbage these days, especially if you get from Wal-Mart. They don't even make Jitterbugs like they used to.

Even the $150 Penn combos aren't that great any more

Sep 11, 2020, 1:57 PM

I bought a Battle 3 combo a couple weeks ago and I'm not overly impressed with it.

I still have a couple of the round cylinder Abu Garcia

Sep 11, 2020, 2:01 PM

baitcasters laying around somewhere that are always reliable. Can't remember the model name but it's the older model from around 2005 with the bright red aluminum finish. Still looks great and functions great as of a couple of years ago.

I remember dropping $99 on a Penn reel back in high school for sharking fishing and thinking I was hot ####.

My Pfluegers have held up pretty well, aside from the one I

Sep 11, 2020, 2:04 PM

drunkenly took apart one afternoon for no reason and dropped the little gears in the lake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got one of the old (American made) Mitchell 300 reels

Sep 11, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to I still have a couple of the round cylinder Abu Garcia ]

from the 60's from my dad and went through 2 rods before that reel finally gave up. By that time there were no parts for it and in the scheme of things it was a cheap reel, but its twice the reel a "good one" is now.

Re: I got one of the old (American made) Mitchell 300 reels

Sep 11, 2020, 7:39 PM

@Ineligible user® my dad's go-to combo in the 90s was a mitchell 300 and a Shakespeare Ugly Stik. Used to be hard to beat. These days, I fear it done got Wal-marted :(

Ballast Point Sculpin.

Sep 11, 2020, 1:24 PM

At first it was a novelty and I didn't mind shelling out $2-$3 more per six pack versus similar quality beers, but at this point I just look at the price, lol on the inside, and moveon.org to an alternative.

Wicked Weed has gotten the same way

Sep 11, 2020, 1:51 PM

I used to get a 6 pack of Pernicious for around $9, which is a good value for the ABV content (7.3%)

I saw it in the grocery store for $13.99 the other day and was like nope.

Publix puts it on sale for $11.99 sometimes and that is

Sep 11, 2020, 2:14 PM

right inline withthe other crafts. That is whenI grab it. Twice the alcohol, better flavor, done.

You plebes shop for beers at the grocery store?

Sep 11, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Wicked Weed has gotten the same way ]

Bwahha - shop only directly from breweries.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like this

Sep 11, 2020, 2:25 PM

https://treehousebrew.com/shop

or

https://treehousebrew.com/shop

or

https://www.magnifybrewing.com/

You drive to Treehouse?

Sep 11, 2020, 2:34 PM

Those are good beers, but I ain't driving 3 hours to get em.

Inlaws live in Massachusetts - only a 40ish minute drive to

Sep 11, 2020, 2:36 PM

TH from their place. Been about 3 times since Covid.

Re: You plebes shop for beers at the grocery store?

Sep 11, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to You plebes shop for beers at the grocery store? ]

I only get my beer from any gas station....ANY gas station
much better selection of sizes ranging from 12oz-40oz

check it out

Re: You plebes shop for beers at the grocery store?

Sep 11, 2020, 2:36 PM

I like my beer the way I like my women.

Sep 11, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: You plebes shop for beers at the grocery store? ]

Cheap and available at a gas station.

Normally its a convenience store

Sep 11, 2020, 5:03 PM [ in reply to You plebes shop for beers at the grocery store? ]

Its cheaper there

Boats. There is no reason why a 23' mid tier boat should be

Sep 11, 2020, 1:33 PM

selling for $100k+. I blame the poors taking out 15-20 year loans on them.

Also Clemson marina. The food has gotten better, but I'm sorry, your burger isn't worth $15, especially when you have a rickety ### dock that's exposed to the main channel with no sea wall or anything.

Anything women like is also overpriced, probably because retailers know most of them don't GAF as long as it's "cute".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have a solution for sheets but if you are

Sep 11, 2020, 1:35 PM

spending more on towels than the Costo Co Charisma towels, you are being silly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought Wal Marts best for $5.97 per towel a few weeks ago

Sep 11, 2020, 1:36 PM

When it starts to suck after a few washings, i'll toss those just buy some more.

When you just need something absorbent and affordable.

Sep 11, 2020, 1:41 PM

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/jos-a-bank-cleaning-product/2768588

Its true.

Sep 11, 2020, 1:43 PM

And every Jos A Bank suit I looked at looked like it was from 1986. Big shoulder pads, long sleeves. I'm like "Thanks anyway! I'll just go down the street to Goodwill and get something from this decade"

Re: Its true.

Sep 11, 2020, 1:48 PM

Yeah but they’re buy one get 4 free! Bonobos sportcoat gang4lyfe

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought a suit when I took a job in Charlotte

Sep 11, 2020, 1:51 PM

in 2011. Only suit I own, wear it at weddings and funerals and subsequent job interviews.

Imma dress down any chance I get.

I've got a few suits in my closet

Sep 11, 2020, 1:54 PM

no idea how old they are, or if I was fat or skinny when I bought them. When i move, i oughta just Goodwill them and start over if I ever need one again.

Suits are dumb.

Re: I bought a suit when I took a job in Charlotte

Sep 11, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to I bought a suit when I took a job in Charlotte ]

I don’t wear a suit often, but my standard uniform is dress pants, shirt, tie on clinic days, and sport coat

Ties are a no-go for me, I wore a tie for the last time

Sep 11, 2020, 2:06 PM

earlier this year and now I'm done forever. I do not care what the event is. I'll wear my one suit to a wedding, funeral, or on the rare occasion a work event, but you can forget the tie. I will never understand why they are still a thing.

I have no problem being the only

Oct 17, 2020, 6:36 AM

male in the room without a tie. My beard is almost down to my belly button anyway, so most of the tie doesn't show. I still have about 20 ties hanging in my closet. All are 20 years or older.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well for your gig you kinda have to do that

Sep 11, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I bought a suit when I took a job in Charlotte ]

Because when you are telling someone that its not their baby, I don't want Maury Povich telling me, nomsayin'?

I always thought I wanted to dress up for work and when we

Sep 11, 2020, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I bought a suit when I took a job in Charlotte ]

were at Trade and Tryon, I always felt underdressed when I went to lunch, etc because of all the bankers. I left that job and when I went back, we had moved to outside the loop. It's hard for me to tuck my shirt in some days now.

Re: Even if you consider yourself LDR, what do you find

Sep 11, 2020, 1:46 PM

Drinking and eating at nice restaurants. Most restaurants kind of suck now, even the so called good ones. Why not just do yourself if you can get the quality ingredients close to home?

Well, one simply CANNOT replicate the experience of a

Sep 11, 2020, 1:53 PM

Ruby Tuesday's kind of Saturday night at home. How are you gonna recreate the ambience?

But I agree.

The problem I have with cooking is that I look at the reward

Sep 11, 2020, 12:56 PM

of it, think about the cleanup, then just talk myself out of cooking because it's all too much work.

Then I'll just grab a few beers and sleeve of saltines and call it a night.

#lazywinseverytime

Even pre-COVID, service seemed like it was generally getting

Sep 11, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Even if you consider yourself LDR, what do you find ]

worse. Our going out to eat now is basically limited to Charleston Pub takeout and whatever we can get to by boat, but I bet we had more ###### waiter/waitress experiences last year alone than any other years combined.

Sep 11, 2020, 1:59 PM

Monster cables.

But no seriously:
Fiji/Smart Water
Brooks Brothers
Allen Edmonds shoes
Premium gas
Cable/Satellite TV
Expensive watches

Allen Edmonds "feel" expensive in that they are

Sep 11, 2020, 2:03 PM

very heavy. But I wasn't impressed with the soles on mine before the dog chewed them up (you talk about an asswhooping, too).

I had them about 3 years before the rubber started peeling off the heel. For the convenient low price of like $100, they'll replace the soles, heels and strings for you! What a deal!

Cars. And Trucks.

Sep 11, 2020, 2:02 PM

If you've just looked at anything new in the last few years, you know what I'm talking about.

Truck prices are completely insane. $80k-$90K for a Ford F150? Srsly?

The automobile market is insane***

Sep 11, 2020, 2:13 PM

You can thank the unions for that.***

Oct 17, 2020, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Cars. And Trucks. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

most store-brand, private label stuff, esp groceries

Sep 11, 2020, 2:14 PM

not that they're expensive, it's just that the value goes down more that the price. Sure, there's exceptions, but I can't ever remember what they are. Sam's/Costco/Trader Joes prolly have the most exceptions that are actually good value.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The water filters that go in your refrigerator

Sep 11, 2020, 2:30 PM

don't try to be cheap and order a generic on amazon, your water will taste like crap

Cheap ones work fine in my fridge. Even the wife, who

Sep 11, 2020, 2:50 PM

grew up in AZ where you wouldn't even drink filtered water because the tapwater was so gross, will drink water out of the refrigerator door. We saved a ton of money on bottled water when we got the new fridge like 3 years ago. I think the off-brand Amazon filters were like $28 for 3 of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's one for you: patio furniture cushions.

Sep 11, 2020, 2:48 PM

I look at those things, and I'm like "yeah, I guess I could spend $45 on a set of these."

So why do they cost $225 then? It's effing foam and cheap nylon covers probably made in India or China.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totes agree.

Sep 11, 2020, 2:55 PM

Even at Big Lots, they're freaking ridiculous.

Well, the squirrels ate my last set, so now I'm rolling with rocking chairs.

Bean bag chairs.

Sep 11, 2020, 3:00 PM

My son wants one and I can't understand how they can possibly be so much. I can only guess it's because of the space that they take up in shipping, storing, and stocking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost anything from Starbucks.

Sep 11, 2020, 3:57 PM

Trucks and SUV's also. And drinks at most fast food places and restaurants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We just spent over $500 for a mixer

Sep 11, 2020, 6:13 PM

A freakin' mixer. It will get used from 3 months, then buried in the back of the cabinet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2020, 3:22 AM

yeah i think its expensive , i just purchased dickies 874 dress pant , i wondered that it comes with amazing quality fabric in just $28 , have a look https://www.ustradeent.com/mens-85-oz-twill-work-pant-801.html

I’m watching you Ivanpedersen. You and your botlike posts.

Oct 17, 2020, 3:48 AM

No way I’m clicking your link. 3 posts on TigerNet and your obsession with clothing is apparent. Any chance you know where I can get some fake ids or some social security numbers?

Non-alcoholic drink prices at restaurants

Oct 17, 2020, 8:17 AM

There's $0.20 of syrup in that soda.....why is $2-3 the new norm for drink pricing in a restaurant?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic