Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have orange tinted glasses but do OSU and ALA look better than we do right now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

I have orange tinted glasses but do OSU and ALA look better than we do right now?

Oct 31, 2020, 8:52 PM

They seem to be executing much better- or am I just wanting too much right now from my tigers?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have orange tinted glasses but do OSU and ALA look better than we do right now?

Oct 31, 2020, 8:53 PM

I concur. Especially on defense

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are just full of negative energy

Oct 31, 2020, 8:53 PM

and will only see the bad in the Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh. Is that it? Do you think we are executing as well as we should?

Oct 31, 2020, 8:55 PM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a lot of starters out

Oct 31, 2020, 8:56 PM

the young pups are getting better. I don't think we could be much better than 7-0 right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. Thanks!! Makes sense

Oct 31, 2020, 8:59 PM

Nm

I don’t believe that the

Oct 31, 2020, 9:08 PM [ in reply to We have a lot of starters out ]

Tigers have gelled yet. Lots of youth in key spots on this team but you can see improvements from week to week. I certainly saw it today. Depth really helps the Tigers but losing key guys like Skalski and Davis are hard to replace quickly.

Several guys stood out today such as Powell and Charleston.

We will know more this time next Saturday!

Can you imagine listening to his sermons?***

Oct 31, 2020, 9:01 PM [ in reply to you are just full of negative energy ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

No faith?

Nov 1, 2020, 9:18 AM

From an expert on faith.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you are just full of negative energy

Nov 1, 2020, 9:27 AM [ in reply to you are just full of negative energy ]

I think all 3 teams are Elite with young shaky defenses.
The QB that plays the best down the stretch will take home the trophy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

doing pretty good considering we have 6 starters out

Oct 31, 2020, 8:56 PM

and one is a generational-level QB, but your posts show you have zero awareness of facts, your a moron or just a troll.

just sayin'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Good point about starters out. Thanks for your observations, friend!!

Oct 31, 2020, 9:00 PM

Nm

Yes they can actually run the ball between the tackles***

Oct 31, 2020, 8:58 PM

Re: I have orange tinted glasses but do OSU and ALA look better than we do right now?

Oct 31, 2020, 9:00 PM

No

Oct 31, 2020, 9:04 PM

I think people always discredit all of our opponents to the point they go: "you should blow them out or else you aren't any good"!
I think if a Bama or a OSU look good over teams who have been put on a pedestal - "they look better than they really are"!

I seem to recall the very same scenario being played out and in those seasons Bama and OSU taking A-whoopins!

Not worried and that is not b/c of orange tinted glasses! That is because I am not one of the people who is sold that the Bama and OSU competition is "SO Great"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 9:05 PM

Two things. First, the key words posed in your question are “right now.” Second, take, in my opinion, 3 of their 4 most important players and let’s see how they look.

Oct 31, 2020, 9:15 PM

IDK. Both offenses have been flat-out incredible. They basically score every time they touch the ball. I would say both offenses are better than Clemson's so far this year, since our offensive line is still so new and we've had injuries at receiver. But Alabama's defense has been pretty bad and Ohio State's is unproven. I still think Clemson has the better defense when healthy, it's just missing all its playmakers. When healthy, I'd say Clemson is the most complete team. I would say if Clemson makes the playoffs and comes into them fully healthy, Clemson has as good of chances as either Bama or Ohio State.

Oct 31, 2020, 9:33 PM

Right now they may be better, maybe.

I'll get back to you when Davis, Skalski, Lawrence, Ngata,Ladson, XT (back to 2018 XT) and others are in there.

If nothing else, our depth is increasing due to being thrown in the fire. Several of the guys starting will be backups come Championship time and will give us the depth advantage over the mentioned teams.

We've been lucky with injuries over the last 4 years and it seems to have turned this year. The fact we are still winning speaks to the quality of our recruiting classes.

Next week will be fun and I cant wait to see what happens.

Nov 1, 2020, 1:02 AM

Right now based on the last 2 games Bama is executing at a higher level. I would have no issue with them being 1 at this point.

OSU may be but they have only played 2 games so should be 3.

Our Tigers like being the underdogs. It would put us right where we need to be.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 1:38 AM

After their first 2 games, Ohio State looks like the best team in America. Based on the last two games, Alabama looks better than us. Would not surprise me to see the polls shift if this the continues.

But none of this matters. The results in the CFP matter.

Nov 1, 2020, 9:11 AM

Clemson will never be the prettiest team during the regular season ...not ever under Dabo...

No doubt -We haven’t looked sharp at times but as always -come playoff time our depth will be more seasoned and ready when it matters ....

We will we be ready ...and it really doesn’t matter where they seed us ....

Also as noted earlier in this thread - there’s a prevailing assumption that there isn’t good football in the ACC (which is incorrect)..

There are good teams and really bad teams in every conference.... MSU (SEC) is awful ...LSU is awful.... Nebraska is a joke ....

Another Passive Aggressive Negative Post

Nov 1, 2020, 9:14 AM

Someone show me a true positive post from this guy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you please give us a break?

Nov 1, 2020, 9:17 AM

We have significant injuries to several key players.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Well, we are currently without our defensive captain LB

Nov 1, 2020, 9:34 AM

Skalski, LB Mike Jones, and most experienced and talented DL Tyler Davis. Davis has missed three games this season. Hopefully, everyone except for Skalski is back for the ND game.

As for yesterday, our defense gave up less than 60 yards of offense to BC in the 2nd half.

Re: Well, we are currently without our defensive captain LB

Nov 1, 2020, 9:49 AM

I feel that the separation right now is the untimely and undiscilplined penalties on the Tigers. The offensive line has been flagged multiple times for false starts , holding and other things that had erased good gain. Then we are behind the chains and so on. Now the o-line IS NOT great by any means, so they are the key to how far this team goes. I do not worry about the defense, when healthy they are the best of the 3 teams mentioned. It will come down to Stewart and Mayes deciding what they want this o-line to be and be leaders. Clean that up and we win the title dont and we will all be disappointed

Nov 1, 2020, 9:54 AM

They both look very good. However we seem to build momentum and peak at the right time-championship phase.

Nov 1, 2020, 11:16 AM

I look at the Tigers differently than I do other programs. I don't compare this team with other programs. I compare them with the Clemson team from last season and the year prior. They have phases it seems that they go through as each team develops. I always look to see if they are on par or in the same course as prior squads. Each team is unique, but this team will be night and day better in close to 2 months down the road when the playoffs begin.

I admit that I thought the defense would be further along, or more cohesive as a unit at this point. They are still extremely young and they will excel more as their youthful exuberance is tempered. The offsides penalty on the fake fg try is an example. Bresee put both of his hands on top of his helmet and my first thought was Brent Venaisaying that Bresee was like a young puppy. Just ready to explode.

This team will be a rolling nightmare in just a few short weeks. Clemson always rises to another level once the championship phase begins. That's when we will see what this team can really do. Until then, we just watch them grow and learn. Going into South Bend and winning with their second string stud qb will really boost their confidence.

Nov 1, 2020, 11:16 AM

I look at the Tigers differently than I do other programs. I don't compare this team with other programs. I compare them with the Clemson team from last season and the year prior. They have phases it seems that they go through as each team develops. I always look to see if they are on par or in the same course as prior squads. Each team is unique, but this team will be night and day better in close to 2 months down the road when the playoffs begin.

I admit that I thought the defense would be further along, or more cohesive as a unit at this point. They are still extremely young and they will excel more as their youthful exuberance is tempered. The offsides penalty on the fake fg try is an example. Bresee put both of his hands on top of his helmet and my first thought was Brent Venaisaying that Bresee was like a young puppy. Just ready to explode.

This team will be a rolling nightmare in just a few short weeks. Clemson always rises to another level once the championship phase begins. That's when we will see what this team can really do. Until then, we just watch them grow and learn. Going into South Bend and winning with their second string stud qb will really boost their confidence.

Nov 1, 2020, 11:38 AM

At this point in the season other teams often look better than Clemson when looking at highlights. It’s a reflection on the focus that Dabo employs in preparing as much depth as possible. He coaches for the post season, not the regular season. With a lot of key defensive players injured and dinged up we just aren’t as good as normal, but it will pay dividends down the stretch. Skalski and Davis are huge and Kendrick didn’t look quite 100% Saturday.

Nothing to worry about, especially if we can get through ND and get to the off week.

Ohio State and Alabama have alot of October Trophies.***

Nov 1, 2020, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic