Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo and Venables
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Dabo and Venables

Oct 11, 2020, 10:47 AM

Will both of them be at Clemson next year? If not who do you think is leaving?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumb question to ask while both still have kids on the team***

Oct 11, 2020, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you know who is NOT leaving?

Oct 11, 2020, 10:52 AM

Muschamp!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: you know who is NOT leaving?

Oct 11, 2020, 1:04 PM

If yesterday was their only win he might be leaving not matter what the buyout is.

Re: Dabo and Venables

Oct 11, 2020, 11:15 AM

I'm pretty sure they are both family men and have all the money they could really ask for. I think having kids on the team and being with them would be a high priority.

Also, I know everyone is hell bent on Venables leaving but the dude has a good gig and there are TONS of excellent assistant coaches that fall flat on their face as HC's.

From a pure financial standpoint Dabo's family will make more money if the can get his kids in the NFL. It's arguable that Venables FAMILY will make more money if he stay at Clemson and gets his kids in the NFL too.

Get their kids in the NFL? What

Oct 11, 2020, 11:23 AM

In the hell are you blabbing about?

Re: Get their kids in the NFL? What

Oct 11, 2020, 11:33 AM

Dabo is basically capped out in salary, even if he went to the NFL. If he wants his family to make more money it's probably easier to do it by staying at Clemson and coaching up his kids trying to get them in the NFL.

The same applies for Venables but he does have some room to grow in terms of salary.

People keep acting like the gra$$ is greener on the other side. Maybe not.

have to admit the current atmosphere of the NFL

Oct 11, 2020, 11:37 AM

is quite luring to a white Christian male! NOT!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

You mean as coaches?

Oct 11, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Get their kids in the NFL? What ]

Those kids are playing ball to get coaching jobs and a career.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Get their kids in the NFL? What ]

+1, Dabo's kids especially have as much of a chance at getting in the NFL as I do. Venebles is a bit better but not much. This whole idea of Dabo or Venebles moving on has absolutely nothing to do with money, especially in Dabo's case. It would be solely their aspirations of moving to the next level. Time will tell and only they know the answers.

Oct 11, 2020, 11:52 AM

Yea, I'm sure the same was said about Hunter Renfrow.

No offense, but Renfro has more talent in his two

Oct 11, 2020, 12:02 PM

hands than the Swinney & Venable kids have in their entire bodies combined. They likely will agree. Not a lot of football knowledge in your posts.

Oct 11, 2020, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Get their kids in the NFL? What ]

You have no idea. Had you seen Hunter play HS football you would have known all he needed was a chance. The Sweeny kids were born with the chance, all they need is the talent.

Oct 11, 2020, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo and Venables ]

I'm pretty sure they are both family men and have all the money they could really ask for. I think having kids on the team and being with them would be a high priority.

Also, I know everyone is #### bent on Venables leaving but the dude has a good gig and there are TONS of excellent assistant coaches that fall flat on their face as HC's.

From a pure financial standpoint Dabo's family will make more money if the can get his kids in the NFL. It's arguable that Venables FAMILY will make more money if he stay at Clemson and gets his kids in the NFL too.

I don't know about the finacials but I believe you are right. I don't think Venables wants to be a head coach. Look at Fla. State DC Mickey Andrews. He stayed at Fla. State for 26 seasons, despite offers every year for HC. Like Venables, he liked being a Defensive Coordinator, that's where all the good hitting is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 12:48 PM

Respect your posts Felix, but Venables is now ready to be a HC. Dabo has helped him expand his rapport with the media and leadership skills needed to manage the entire program. When BV leaves to become a HC, or stays to become Clemson HC if Dabo leaves, he will be ready. And IMHO as a HC, he will stay engaged with the Defense in some capacity and hire an OC who calls all the shots on Offense. It mat be a year or two and the right opportunity, but he's ready.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Venables is itching to be a HC. Shoot, if he

Oct 11, 2020, 1:00 PM

does, he would have been named the HC at Kansas State, which is his alma mater. EVERYONE was convinced that was going to happen, but it didn't. Venables has said in the past he has had offers to be a HC, but has no desire to stop being a DC.

Venables is more of a behind the scenes coach. He obviously loves being a DC. Every great college coordinator is not pushing to be a head coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will both be there next year and beyond, so you

Oct 11, 2020, 11:37 AM

Cooterville residents have several more consecutive beatings to look forward to. :)

Take a look at the LOADED roster of FR and Sophs... Why

Oct 11, 2020, 12:47 PM

would they want to leave now...?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take a look at the LOADED roster of FR and Sophs... Why

Oct 11, 2020, 1:05 PM

That is the best question I have heard asked. so congrads.

I smell chicken

Oct 11, 2020, 1:07 PM

Go away coot

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 1:09 PM

Keep dreaming coot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic