Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was the Crowd as Malaise as it Appeared on TV?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Was the Crowd as Malaise as it Appeared on TV?

Oct 25, 2020, 10:13 AM

The only time I recall crowd noise was the Syracuse visitors, Ettiene’s return, and after the Booth score. The 12th man played poorly yesterday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes....didn’t help that the DJ took the 3rd quarter

Oct 25, 2020, 10:35 AM

off or that we were sucking or that we had to where masks in a noon hot game. Lots of suckage to go around.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes....didn’t help that the DJ took the 3rd quarter

Oct 25, 2020, 10:39 AM

Not sure what kind of masks they were wearing. I can talk and yell fine through mine. Since when did the crowd at DV need a DJ to get them hyped up. We are in trouble. LOL.

I saw a lot of people sitting and leaning back like it was nap time and many many empty seats.

Oct 25, 2020, 10:49 AM

With students in the south upper deck, most fans are on the north side of the stadium. The sun was blasting us and it was HOT. We were doing our best but, a lot of ticket holders stayed home.

I was a roaster for sure!

Oct 25, 2020, 10:52 AM

??????

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Yes....didn’t help that the DJ took the 3rd quarter ]

This will definitely go down as the softest comment ever on Tnet. The DJ took the 3rd quarter off???? An 82 degree October noon kick?? In my day we kicked off every home game at 1 pm and roasted in the sun without upper decks for shade and crowds of 44-60,000 and maybe a single watered down coke to hydrate your vocal chords. Those crowds are what defined Clemson as a tough place to play. Just give your tickets to somebody that wants to be a part of the game instead of making excuses.

Oct 25, 2020, 11:25 AM

I have sat through plenty of those hot games and do not recall ever having to yell while wearing a mask. I am a former cheerleader and I can tell loud enough for three people. I cannot get voice volume through the mask. I cannot recover my breath either. I also work out six days a week, so I am in shape. I teach eight hours a day in a mask so I have acclimated as much as I can to the blasted thing. The folks that attended did their best. Some people were sitting back not yelling because the heat made it difficult to breathe while masked. My brother was one of them. Ticket holders will be back on Saturday doing our best.

Re: Was the Crowd as Malaise as it Appeared on TV?

Oct 25, 2020, 11:06 AM

Kinda like this....if you didn’t buy a ticket or take the time to come support the team in DV like many of us did....I dont want to hear what people thought while sitting in the a/c yesterday.....kinda like Marlin Perkins describing how Jim was getting his ### whipped by the wild animal while he was safe from behind the blind. There were plenty of tickets for sale on here for the game to help provide support.

+1 for the Jimma Carter era reference. I think the crowd

Oct 25, 2020, 11:15 AM

yesterday was just as confused as we all were when Jimma said he had been discussing nuclear proliferation with his (8 year old) daughter Amy.

Looked like the crowd thought we already had those 46.5 points that we were favored by on the board to begin with. No excitement from them, and a listless performance from the players. Can't help but think they are already looking ahead to the game with the Bead Clackers in South Bend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 11:34 AM

Malaise Forever- the Simpsons bit where they turn the Carter statue into Marge Simpson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't know a crowd could be malaise.***

Oct 25, 2020, 12:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It was about normal for 18,000 fans.

Oct 25, 2020, 12:01 PM

We got louder anytime Cuse was on 3rd down or when trying to "encourage" the Tigers offense. It is tough to stay loud with only 20% capacity. We were definitely louder for the Miami game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Oct 25, 2020, 2:09 PM

Certainly a lot of the electricity is missing when you are ~61k people short. So yes, the crowds have been flat relative to previous years. However, we did wake up a bit in the 3rd and when Cuse was in 4th and short situations. It is a tough year, bro. I think this year has made me appreciate a full stadium even more. I am looking forward the Valley next year.

Oct 25, 2020, 2:17 PM

Food for thought. TL16 said the players were bored. Can't blame them as SYR was dominated by Liberty. Dabo was unmotivated to run it up vs. a friend. Tigers took the week off. Why would the crowd cheer for a h.s. senior beating up a 3rd grader?

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic