Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Texas fires Tom Herman, Dan Mullen....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,267

If Texas fires Tom Herman, Dan Mullen....

Nov 28, 2020, 9:45 AM

........ will be the big winner. He's currently making 6M a year. Jimmy Sexton is his agent. He'll be making 8M a year next year, maybe 9, either at Florida or at Texas. That's why so many coaches have Jimmy Sexton as their agent.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Texas fires Tom Herman, Dan Mullen....

Nov 28, 2020, 9:48 AM

At some point Texas has to give someone some time. Starting over every few years isnt working

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 10:29 AM

He's had four years and has been regressing the last two years in conjunction with recruiting starting to slip.

We have dabo time because he kept the trend going up. And if the wins are coming you best show improvements in recruiting and Herman isn't. It's slipping

That being said I don't know what it'll take to get Texas to work again. Maybe Urban could because you need someone to tell the boosters to back off. But maybe it's best to go with someone promising and unproven. Like dabo. Don't pay him much and dangle the brass ring. Might be the only way to course correct.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9-3 year 1 6-7 year 2

Nov 28, 2020, 2:00 PM

Tajh Boyd year 3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mullen won't leave. It's a great time to be a Gator.***

Nov 28, 2020, 10:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 10:36 AM

Hey BrettFSU-

Thanks for sticking around despite all the crap we gave FSU. I really appreciate someone who can provide meaningful views on this site.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 10:51 AM

No problem.

FSU (administration) deserves the junk y'all have been throwing. The administration decided:
1. Fear of lawsuits because "What if someone catches COVID and dies? We will get sued."
2. We have to be politically correct and show "We care about our students more than you care about yours. Cancelling the game makes us feel good."

The only place we might disagree on is how much or how little the coaching staff played in the decision.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 10:47 AM

Guess we dodged a bullet by missing on Herman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 28, 2020, 10:55 AM

Class of O9. You really missed out on Tom Herman , yeah right, you got Muschamp instead How funny is that

Nov 28, 2020, 1:48 PM

Imagine how bad we would have been with Herman instead.

I shudder at the thought.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 28, 2020, 1:52 PM

You actually make a good point.

+1

Dan Mullen Ain't Thinkin' about UT

Nov 28, 2020, 12:59 PM

He will get a raise at UF and won't even consider leaving.

UT fans down here need to eat some humble pie and understand their football program is NOT on some special level above everyone else. They were soooo ecstatic that Tom Herman was going to take them to the promised land. HAH HAH!

Herman is not Chris Del Conte's guy and it seems the easy decision is to fire him. The program does not have momentum, Sam Ehlinger is leaving, powerful alumni are fed up and the 2021 recruiting class is crumbling into dust.

However, Herman's buyout is $15 million. When you combine that will rolling out top dollar for another coach during the COVID cutbacks, it's a bad look.

My 2 cents: Del Conte won't fire Herman unless he has an acceptable replacement lined up. Simple as that. If UT doesn't nail this next hire, the damage could be long lasting. Outside schools have such an easy time raiding Texas of football talent. Right now, the cool thing for top-level HS guys is to leave the state. They don't give a care about UT.

I love it!

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,267
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic