Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone ws trying to disqualify Trevor from the Heismann
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,201

Everyone ws trying to disqualify Trevor from the Heismann

Nov 11, 2020, 12:43 PM

because he missed two games due to covid. That means he will play 9 regular season games. Well, how do the latest round of cancellations impact that. Alabam vs Missouri is cancelled and will likely not be made up. Mac jones wasn't out with covid, but his regular season game total is now 9 also. Justin Fields will play a maximum of 8 regular season games, assuming they don't have any cancelled. I don't see how Trevor missing two games should disqualify him now that he will be playing as many or more games than Jones and Fields.

Thoughs?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he plays really well and beats ND in a rematch

Nov 11, 2020, 12:47 PM

he will be in the conversation. I don't think missing two games hurts him, i think missing the biggest regular season game of the year hurts him. If he missed the Cuse and BC games, but played really well in a showcase game at South Bend, it likely wouldn't matter much.

According to current schedule, Heisman before ACC Champ Game***

Nov 11, 2020, 12:52 PM

Re: Everyone ws trying to disqualify Trevor from the Heismann

Nov 11, 2020, 12:50 PM

Jones plays for an SEC team. Fields plays for Ohio St. That is all one needs to know. Sports politics now controls the winner of the Heisman. I wrote a letter to the Heisman Committee after DeShaun was robbed of it and basically told them that ESPN selects who wins the Heisman every year because they use propaganda for who they want to win. I also told them they did not qualify to be on that committee and that John Heisman would be ashamed of how the winner is selected. No response.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's exactly right - politics is what chooses the......

Nov 11, 2020, 1:14 PM

Heisman winner now. We don't have the clout obviously against those two schools with ESPN backing them.

The Downtown Athletic Club needs to give it up. It’s just another Espy now.

Nov 11, 2020, 1:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

There is no Downtown Athletic Club anymore - the..........

Nov 11, 2020, 2:14 PM

organization and the building are both gone now. It's awarded now by some group named the Heisman Trust.

The Heisman Trust needs to give it up. It’s just another Espy now. ***

Nov 11, 2020, 2:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I think there should be a minimum games played threshold....

Nov 11, 2020, 1:35 PM

to be considered, much like the 6 game minimum required to be considered for the CFP.

Any statistics should be analyzed on a "X/per game" basis. Obviously that would keep Trevor, Fields, & Jones in the current running and the PAC12 should ALMOST be eliminated already based on the number of scheduled games anyway.

Nov 11, 2020, 2:17 PM

My gosh some of you love to overreact to stuff. Who disqualified Trevor from the Heisman? Vegas moved him from being the favorite to win it. Nobody ever said he was out of it.

Nov 11, 2020, 2:48 PM

I'd be shocked if he won it. The way of the world, unfortunately. But they all say he is the best player in the game and the #1 pick. Go figure. It's almost as if they are admitting they are a bunch of moronic, ashkissing idiots. Was that descriptive enough?

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,201
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic