Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If tOSU beats Bama by 2 or more TDs will it change how the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,231

If tOSU beats Bama by 2 or more TDs will it change how the

Jan 5, 2021, 9:00 AM

CFB world views whether or not playing 6 games was an advantage or disadvantage?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: If tOSU beats Bama by 2 or more TDs will it change how the

Jan 5, 2021, 9:03 AM

Uhmmmm...yea! Imagine the Panthers playing 6 games and getting a spot in the playoffs. The NFL would be livid!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, as someone who has run some marathons and half-

Jan 5, 2021, 9:06 AM

-marathons, I like whoever came up with "they started the marathon at the halfway point."

The back half of a marathon is really hard (for me at least!).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Definitely***

Jan 5, 2021, 9:11 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 9:24 AM

I don't like the uneven schedules this year, but the NCAA, CFP committee, and the conferences were in a very difficult situation this year. It's hard to imagine that Ohio State wasn't one of the best 4 teams this season, and to be fair, what games did they miss? They had to cancel their games with Maryland, Illinois, and Michigan.

Would them beating a 2-3 Maryland team, a 2-6 Illinois team, and a 2-4 Michigan team really have proven anything further? There's a good chance they would've gotten in even with 1 loss so unless they would've lost 2 of those 3 games then they probably end up in the same situation. There's really nobody in the B10 that was going to challenge them this year.

Having the B10 change the rules for the number of games to allow them in the conference title game was a bit much, but they would have been in the game anyway even if they had to play all 3 of the games they missed. Indiana would've been the team to get in over Ohio State, and Ohio State beat Indiana when they played so it's hard for me to feel sorry for Indiana. Ohio State would've had to of lost 2 games for Indiana to get in over them based on conference record had all of the games been played.

Finally, it's hard for me to blame a 21 point loss to Ohio State on them only playing 6 games, and I would feel the same way about them beating Alabama. Them playing less games than us wasn't the cause of us missing tackles, having defenders out of position, and losing the battle at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put a HUGE * by their name if that happens***

Jan 5, 2021, 9:28 AM

There's already HUGE * by their name...

Jan 5, 2021, 9:45 AM

They may very well win it all Monday night but, just like their 2002 National Championship, there will always be a HUGE * beside that title.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You seem to be suggesting that it is making Ohio State like

Jan 5, 2021, 9:36 AM

3 or 4 TDs better than they would be had they played 10 or 11 games. There's just no possible way it's that big of advantage. You can make an equally compelling case that their schedule was actually a disadvantage, so if there was any net gain there for the Buckeyes it was surely minimal.. like maybe a few points.

What's the argument here? That they might have a player or two that could've been injured otherwise? Most (good) position players are worth like roughly a point on the point spread. Dexter Lawrence getting suspended in 2018 barely impacted the line. If Trey Sermon was ruled out for the title game and OSU had to start Master Teague at RB, the line might move from Bama -7 to Bama -8. If Justin Fields were ruled out it might move the line a TD or so, but QB is, by far, the biggest impact position on the field, especially when it's a Heisman-caliber QB.

Re: You seem to be suggesting that it is making Ohio State like

Jan 5, 2021, 9:45 AM

Well, there’s all the travel and preparation that must go into every game. This alone is exhausting and takes a toll. Sermon had fresh legs and everyone knows this matters to RB’s. Then there is the advantage of taking the down time to prepare for the team you will most likely face in the playoffs and the handicap that team will have is two fold. Firstly they will have very little footage of your schemes and secondly they must be busy preparing for other major showdowns like the ACCCG with ND

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohio State played a game the same day we did

Jan 5, 2021, 10:03 AM

They didn't have any extra prep time there. We had 2 weeks in between the VT and ND games and nearly two weeks between ND and OSU. We should've been pretty fresh and healthy going into that game. We just got flat out beat.

Re: You seem to be suggesting that it is making Ohio State like

Jan 5, 2021, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: You seem to be suggesting that it is making Ohio State like ]

I'm not understanding how Ohio State had more time to get ready for us due to only playing 6 games. At what point of the season would they have prepared for Clemson? Would they have been prepping for Clemson instead of Northwestern going into the conference championship games? If that's the case then why wouldn't they be able to do that in other weeks they may of had games on?

If you're suggesting that they used their weeks off to prep for Clemson then that would seem rather risky. Had we not lost to ND we may very well of ended up as the #1 seed so prepping for us before then would have been stupid unless they felt they'd 100% be the #4 seed. Even after our loss to ND, what happens if they spent all that time getting ready for us only to see us lose to ND again and miss the CFP?

Beyond that, how would they know Bama wouldn't lose to Florida and we'd move up to #1? How would they know for sure that ND wouldn't have been #3 after losing to us leaving them with a 1st round game against Bama? No way were they spending all that time prepping for us is all I'm saying. Even if they had spent all season getting ready for us, there's only so much prep you can do. They still had to go out and execute.

Jan 5, 2021, 9:42 AM

If OSU beats Bama by 2 or more TD's I might switch from football to that other football.
ROLL TIDE(and no I'm not a Bama fan, but no way, no how, no argument from anyone can I ,or will I pull for OSU Monday night.

Re: Regardless, it's already a tainted playoff being that

Jan 5, 2021, 9:48 AM

they only played 6 games. There will always be a question mark or asterisk on O310 St.

Screw Calford.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,231
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic