Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SI wants to delay Heisman voting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

SI wants to delay Heisman voting

Sep 1, 2020, 1:32 PM

So that Justin Fields gets to play in the spring before voting.

So that TL16 doesn't win, since his season would be over months before voting and only The O310 State would be about the only good team playing all spring, so Fields would run the table in the spring.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/09/01/heisman-trophy-delay-big-ten-vote?suid=5cc1c82b24c17c49394a3b37&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SI%20Extra%20090120&utm_term=SI%20Extra%20-%20USE%20THIS%20-%20List

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SI wants to delay Heisman voting

Sep 1, 2020, 1:35 PM

These days SI is better known for its swimsuit magazine and not sports.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 1:48 PM

Is there a bigger idiot than Pat Forde? He may not know it but the BIG and Pac 10 opted out for this football season and that includes the Heisman, and CFP Championship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction: Pat Forde not SI

Sep 1, 2020, 1:57 PM

That said, does ANYONE really care what he says or thinks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 1, 2020, 2:01 PM

The Heisman voting is already completed before the games are all played in a normal season, so why would they wait for a completely additional season before voting?

Sep 1, 2020, 9:23 PM

I would like to see it permanently delayed until after the playoffs. If the voters hadn’t already made up their minds after week 8 in 2016, DW would have won hands down. As for schools/conferences that opted out...tough ####### said the kitty.

Is Forde still alive ?

Dec 23, 2022, 11:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt Fields will play in the spring.

Sep 1, 2020, 2:10 PM

He'll be getting ready for the draft

I remember when Sports Illustrated understood sports.

Message was edited by: Memphis Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a stupid idea!!!! Next idea will be they will delay the

Sep 1, 2020, 2:19 PM

crowning of the National Championship and decide between who wins it, the fall or spring champion.

SMDBAH really outloud!!!!

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could have a Fall Heisman AND a Spring Heisman!!!

Sep 1, 2020, 2:22 PM

...and put an assterisk by both of them!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 2:26 PM

Why? who cares? Its been a joke for years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 3:01 PM

ESPN determines who wins. The Heisman Committee does not. They are a do nothing committee that allows the winner to be determined by others. They love politics in sports. A Clemson player will have a very difficult time winning because we don't bend to the sports political machine, mainly ESPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure there is no Heisman committee

Sep 1, 2020, 3:04 PM

Just a huge pool of voters - some of who pay close attention to what is going on and some who do not.

Re: Pretty sure there is no Heisman committee- the pool is

Sep 1, 2020, 3:28 PM

some media and some former winners. Recent history has shown there is way too much chlorine in that pool. When the ESPN fawning over Lame R Jackson screwed DW out of the award he earned I tuned out. I wont be watching again regardless who goes and or wins

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really don't think DW4 got screwed

Sep 1, 2020, 6:08 PM

Until they change the rules, the Heisman is a regular season award and Lamar flat out had a better regular season and you will never convince me otherwise. As usual, Watson saved his best for the postseason, but the award had already been presented at that point.

Lamar isn't that bad either. He is solid in NFL

Sep 1, 2020, 8:30 PM

Rare for a Heisman winner

Sep 1, 2020, 3:10 PM

Downtown Athletic club and their East coast journalism bias can shove it after many missteps, Suh, Peyton Manning, Famous Jamis, Scam Newton, DW4...but i like Pat Forder, engaging thought provoking (comment provoking) column.

I actually thought Woodson deserved the Heisman

Sep 1, 2020, 3:16 PM

over Peyton. He was the best player in CFB that year. Of course so was Suh in 2009 (I think that was the right year).

And I know I'm in the minority around here but I didn't think Watson really got screwed either year. I think it should've been Mccaffery > Watson in 2015 and I actually think they got it right on 2016. Lamar had an INSANE season. I think its ridiculous how much he gets discredited here. Oh he only won it because he hurdled some guy in week 2....

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic