Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it REALLY going to matter who wins the Coastal Division?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Is it REALLY going to matter who wins the Coastal Division?

Nov 6, 2018, 12:09 PM

Can Pitt, UVa or VT play with Clemson for four quarters?

Me thinks not !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes, it matters a lot.

Nov 6, 2018, 12:13 PM

The sacrificial lamb is usually the only one it matters too but it matters to them a lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably matters to them.

Nov 6, 2018, 12:15 PM

No shame in winning your division. It's hard to do and it'll hang a banner.

That said, we'll be 30+ point favorites no matter who wins the Coastal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it REALLY going to matter who wins the Coastal Division?

Nov 6, 2018, 12:24 PM

It doesn't, but I selfishly want to see Pitt. We owe them for 2016.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 12:27 PM

I am ok with any one of those teams except for the Bumble Bees. I think we would destroy them again but can't stand their coach and don't want our D Line to have to dodge cut blocks for another game.

Nov 6, 2018, 5:21 PM

No need to worry about the Bees, as these are the only teams still able to win the Coastal:

- Pitt is a 4-loss team, but is in charge of their destiny. Win out (VT, Wake, Miami) and they would own the TB against UVA and VT.
- VT is in charge of their destiny. Win out (Pitt, Miami, UVA) and they win the ACC Coastal and they would own the TB against UVA and Pitt.
- UVA will need help. Win out (GT, VT) and they would own the TB against VT, but would need Pitt to lose 2 of (VT, Wake, Miami) since Pitt owns the TB over them.

GT still needs to win 1 more game (or maybe 2 of Miami, UVA, UGA ) just to be bowl eligible.

Nov 6, 2018, 12:31 PM

Clemson needs to concentrate on Boston College, not the Coastal Division.

Clemson fans can concentrate on anything we want

Nov 6, 2018, 12:34 PM

Heck, we can go ahead and concentrate on Bama if we want to. Also, if we chalk this year up to being national champs and start focusing on next season, it won't affect the team in the least.

Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Personally, I'm concentrating on getting

Nov 6, 2018, 12:37 PM

cutigerbob® banned for good this time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

That's the luxury or being a fan and not a player...

Nov 6, 2018, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it REALLY going to matter who wins the Coastal Division? ]

We can concentrate on ANYTHING we want; bewbs, beer, and the eventual Coastal Division champion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

In regards to the ACC Champ game

Nov 6, 2018, 1:41 PM

UVA = 75% Clemson fans in attendance (they'll still be on a high from beating VT)
VT = 85% Clemson fans in attendance (thoughts of Old Dominion still linger)
Pitt = 95% Clemson fans in attendance (They're only good for 10% at their home games)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 1:49 PM

My only worry is that we are going to have a legit chance that we are facing a 6-6 coastal champ. That means there is a real chance that an ACC Coastal Champ could be 6-8 at the end of the season. Yikes.

No. BUT, give me Pitt. Never beaten them and we owe em one!***

Nov 6, 2018, 1:51 PM

Nov 6, 2018, 2:18 PM

This Saturday's game is the most significant and potential dangerous game we have before the Semis. We need to be sharp, we could have a couple of turnovers and blown assignments and have problems with BC. Remember last year the had us in trouble into the fourth quarter before the wheels came off.

Of the Coastal contingent, Pitt is getting more consistent and physical and the VA teams ain't. Still hope the Hokies win out. They range anywhere from pretty good to goshawful. But I nevertheless doubt that even Pitt has much of a shot.

No. *

Nov 6, 2018, 3:18 PM

!

It effects my ability to unload extra tix I bought for fam who now can't make it.***

Nov 6, 2018, 4:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic