Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Player Bashing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Player Bashing

Nov 8, 2020, 8:53 PM

For those like me who are tired of reading new posts constantly calling our players (and future fellow alums) terrible and sorry players, remember these were the same people that said Cornell Powell sucked and are now in love with him. They were probably mad when Jake Venables forced the Book fumble because they think he’s terrible.

It’s been a weird, emotional season for these guys, following an even stranger, uncertain offseason. So I’m thankful for the relative health we’ve had, and looking forward to another stomping of the criminoles (sorry @bretfsu)

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Player Bashing

Nov 8, 2020, 8:57 PM

I agree Mat. The majority of these players are the one's we have been applauding during this miraculous run we have been on.

Nov 8, 2020, 9:01 PM

But, but, but it’s a free message bored and we are allowed to have our opinions whether we think the coaches are doing the right things...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the way you said this. A bunch of armchair warriors that

Nov 8, 2020, 9:16 PM

Never played a down for Clemson. These kids busted their butts last night and have only lost one regular season game now since 2017. I’m sure they’ll never forget the defeat last night. No I’m not saying they played perfect. But coaches are putting the players who they think give us the best chance to win. So it’s on the coaches—no need to single out 18-22 year olds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is on the coaches ... and they like it that way ...

Nov 8, 2020, 9:28 PM

But the coaches make $10M plus per year -- and they rate and grade every player and put these grades in the media for public consumption. The arm chair warriors are the ones who pay the bills and make the TV contracts, coaching salaries, university jobs, and player scholarships possible. It seems this is often forgotten.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is on the coaches ... and they like it that way ...

Nov 8, 2020, 9:31 PM

Word! I pay my dues for the right to complain.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and you're good at getting your money's worth.***

Nov 8, 2020, 10:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is on the coaches ... and they like it that way ...

Nov 8, 2020, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: It is on the coaches ... and they like it that way ... ]

Nobody was talking to the coots that are stupid enough to donate on this bored coot.

PS, thanks for the donation, coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 9:31 PM

People on this message board were ready to kick Cornell Powell off the team a year ago for wearing a UNC basketball shirt. He deserves to shove a huge middle finger in every single one of those posters' faces. Dude's played his ### off the last two weeks.

Wearing a UNC shirt to a Clemson home basketball game

Nov 8, 2020, 9:47 PM

while on an athletic scholarship to Clemson, using a free Clemson student ticket to attend said game, was stupid, classless, and disrespectful.

Making great plays on the football field doesn’t undo that poor decision.

With that said, I’m thrilled with how well he has been playing lately. He has worked hard and paid his dues. Great job!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Wearing a UNC shirt to a Clemson home basketball game

Nov 8, 2020, 9:51 PM

All you do is cause trouble. Pretty soon I’m gonna find someone else to pretend to be instead of you.

Re: Wearing a UNC shirt to a Clemson home basketball game

Nov 8, 2020, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Wearing a UNC shirt to a Clemson home basketball game ]

while on an athletic scholarship to Clemson, using a free Clemson student ticket to attend said game, was stupid, classless, and disrespectful.

Making great plays on the football field doesn’t undo that poor decision.

With that said, I’m thrilled with how well he has been playing lately. He has worked hard and paid his dues. Great job!

I agree Judge! That was a Benedict Arnold move!

Nov 8, 2020, 11:10 PM

They are also the ones who said Dabo was wasting a scholarship on.N Turner just because Turner was the son of of his friend at Alabama. Remember that?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 12:10 AM

I don't have a problem with fans voicing legitimate criticism towards Clemson players or coaches, even extremely harsh criticism when it's warranted. I just get tired of the irrational superdramatic doom and gloom nonsense and the "I'm Great at Tecmo Bowl Therefore I'm a Football Expert" types.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic