Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's a Dabo team but it's a Tommy Bowden Forum
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

It's a Dabo team but it's a Tommy Bowden Forum

Dec 5, 2020, 11:04 PM

TNET had quit by the end of the second quarter

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Bad habits are hard to shake for some

Dec 5, 2020, 11:08 PM

Beating Miami and then losing to Duke was very catastrophic for a lot of Clemson fans

Going to Missouri and being their first non conference FBS win in a decade stuck with people

Games involving Ron Cherry are still in our thoughts.

Going to Winston Salem and being down 45-0 before scoring is still there

Needing to pick up a 2 & 1 to seal a win against GT and then snapping a ball way over the punters head still sits with us.

Begging people in Idaho to accept us in a pre Christmas bowl still sits with us.

Man!! Those days are long gone and it took a humiliating game in the Orange Bowl to get the right personnel fired and the right people in place to get us here. I wouldn’t change it, tbh.

Message was edited by: owensb01®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, those fans need to grow a pair and realize that this is a different era.***

Dec 5, 2020, 11:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I was at that Wake Forest (away) game & Georgia Tech (home)

Dec 5, 2020, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Bad habits are hard to shake for some ]

game. We have come so far since those times!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: It's a Dabo team but it's a Tommy Bowden Forum

Dec 5, 2020, 11:10 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 11:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 11:11 PM

Some people forget it’s a four quarters game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 11:15 PM

How many ignorant FiRe ElLiOtT posts?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 11:15 PM

TNET had quit by the end of the second quarter

Yep!

I call it the "explosive offense effect"! People who I tend to call, "highlight fans" as far as knowledge of the game, think every Clemson offensive snap is supposed to be like they saw on the highlight in other games, LOL!
Then, get to complaining! It's a 4 quarter game and many things happen after adjustments are made. VT caught us off guard by having a passing QB in the game. We caught on and things happened and we beat them like we were supposed to.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jack Hines maybe

Dec 5, 2020, 11:22 PM

null

Tommy Bowden did a lot of good things too.

Dec 5, 2020, 11:46 PM

8-2 vs the Coots, including the infamous 63-17 best down. First conference win over Miami. Beat TENNESSEE (Who at the time was a strong program) Beat his father and the #3 Noles, which is the first time ever a #3 team lost in Death Valley. Three straight home wins over Florida State, First ever Gameday Saturday at Death Valley (2006), Thunder & lightning?and he brought Dabo to Clemson.

But in addition to your lists of negatives, he also failed to win a conference or division Championship. And he seems to cone up short in big games.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic