Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Heisman race: Trevor Lawrence gains some momentum in ESPN poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,491

TNET: Heisman race: Trevor Lawrence gains some momentum in ESPN poll

Dec 1, 2020, 3:38 PM

Heisman race: Trevor Lawrence gains some momentum in ESPN poll

An unusual college football season is rendering a race for college football's top individual prize unusual as well. According to Vegas odds and experts, the top Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully this season is not like past seasons where Heisman

Dec 1, 2020, 3:49 PM

voters made up their minds before the season was even two thirds done. (Talking about you, Leamur Jackson.) I would lobby for the Heisman trophy voting to not even take place until after the conclusion of the playoffs. That way, you have ALL the players total body of work to compare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopefully this season is not like past seasons where Heisman

Dec 1, 2020, 8:35 PM

Right on, and there really is no reason for the Heisman to be awarded before all the games have been played, no matter how solidly a player has performed. Wait until the end, and make sure you have the entire body of work is complete before casting ballots. Then the vote covers (or at least it should) the entire body of work. That should yield the very best player in college football. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor will win Heisman

Dec 1, 2020, 8:42 PM

It's a popularity contest! You can't just be popular though; you have to also be good. Trevor has been good!
If he continues playing like he did Saturday in my opinion he takes the Heisman home.

Voters will take into consideration he had Covid and "not penalize" him. The award is for the best most impactful player in college football! If they look at it how it should be - and remember He is Mr. Popular as well - Trevor takes it!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...gains some ground...gimme a break. IF that award is

Dec 1, 2020, 4:55 PM

for the best all around player then its his. If its about how many superficial stats a coaching staff can assimilate for a player (which it is exactly that) then give it to someone else. I say he'll have 4 TDs and 350 yds this weekend. And that will be where his season ends. If we did play against FSU two weeks ago he would have put up about the same totals. Maybe more. So he's a no doubter for me and i think most people but if you're a stat-whore only..then 2 loss kyle trask is your man.

It's nothing but a stats race***

Dec 1, 2020, 5:22 PM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

You tell ‘em Dabo!***

Dec 1, 2020, 6:41 PM

Re: TNET: Heisman race: Trevor Lawrence gains some momentum in ESPN poll

Dec 1, 2020, 8:45 PM

The Heisman voting is just a joke anymore. It's pretty much rigged by voters of the Big and SEC, so ACC breaking into the favored category is a long shot unless everything works their way. Dabo wants his best players to excel, but not at the expense of overall team goals. Trask as favorite is a huge joke. I wish Trevor great games to show his real value as the most valuable player in college football.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 8:58 PM

Eagle03® said:

The Heisman voting is just a joke anymore. It's pretty much rigged by voters of the Big and SEC, so ACC breaking into the favored category is a long shot unless everything works their way. Dabo wants his best players to excel, but not at the expense of overall team goals. Trask as favorite is a huge joke. I wish Trevor great games to show his real value as the most valuable player in college football.

Didn't matter when Lamar and Deshaun finished 1, 2 about conference. Who was the last Big 10 Heisman Trophy winner? The Oklahoma QB and the Big 12 has a lot to say about it as well.

You are correct; it has become a joke. But, Trevor is the golden boy. They love him and "he stacks up very favorably against Trask and Jones"! NFL execs will tell the world exactly who they think the best player in college football is here in a few months!

TL16 is the best college football player playing this season. That is not an insult to Jones or Trask; he just is. If that is what the award is for he gets it. If it's a popularity contest - i.m.o "he gets it there too"! Those other two were not on everybody's cover as the face of college football like Trevor! His play on the football field has not given reason as to why that opinion should change.

Once again, the Heisman will miss out on TL, not the

Dec 1, 2020, 9:20 PM

other way around.

This is what the Heisman committee says about the award:

“The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. The winners of the trophy epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work. The Heisman Trophy Trust’s mission is to ensure the continuation and integrity of this award.”

If that’s the Trust’s mission, they have failed completely, conceded the award to an ESPN pageant and narrative-generator and stat-recognition.

Based on that criteria, how can this be a debate? Trevor Lawrence by unanimous decision. He literally lead the charge to HAVE college football this year. He was on the phone with the President of the United States. Then he goes on the field and absolutely dominates.

For what it’s worth, I had Charlotte sports radio on this afternoon and they were basically saying the same thing: stop talking stats, stop over-complicating, and give the Heisman to TL.

null

Re: Once again, the Heisman will miss out on TL, not the

Dec 1, 2020, 9:28 PM

Swarley - not only that. But, TL stats aren't anything to turn your nose up at. The voters don't award just stat padders. The QB from UCF is far and away the leading passer in the nation not Trask or Jones. So, it can't be stats in other words, or they will have to what give the award to Dillon Gabriel? No! Like you said, if it encompasses all the things the Heisman trust says it stands for "it's Trevor Lawrence's award to lose"! If he plays well this weekend and then against ND - i.m.o he is your Heisman winner!
If not, then just like some people's stance on the NFL, I won't support the Heisman ever again(LOL). I know it won't matter to them; but I will do it anyway. He deserves it for leading the cause and starting the conversation "about playing"!
Years from now after the world goes back to "Normal" Trevor Lawrence will be the face of the movement that didn't allow a pandemic to stop college football! Not Trask. Not Jones. https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/player/_/view/offense/table/passing/sort/passingYards/dir/desc

Re: Once again, the Heisman will miss out on TL, not the

Dec 2, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Once again, the Heisman will miss out on TL, not the ]

Definitely right on!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 10:37 AM

Too bad he missed his too easiest games. FL. state and S.C.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Assuming the voters don’t turn in their votes before the completion of the ND game

Dec 2, 2020, 1:54 PM

the Heisman is going to Lawrence.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,491
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic