Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I had my second COVID vaccine this week.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I had my second COVID vaccine this week.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:25 PM

Felt like crap for about 36 hours. Malaise, fatigue, muscle aches, chills, and even a fever for a couple of hours. This is all common with the second dose, and means that the immune system is doing its job.

I didn’t have any symptoms after the first shot, other than soreness at the injection site.

Just wanted to share for those who are getting the vaccine, or who are considering it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You and Hank Aaron***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You and Hank Aaron***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You and Hank Aaron***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:44 PM [ in reply to You and Hank Aaron*** ]

Yikes, really???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had my second COVID vaccine this week.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:44 PM

I'm currently participating in the Moderna Clinical Trial. I received the first shot on August 5th, 2020 not knowing if it was the real one or the placebo. Arm was a little sore, about like a flu shot. I received the second shot 28 days later. The next 24 hours I had a low grade fever, arm was really sore and had a headache. Next day I was good. A few weeks ago all participants were called in to let the ones who got the placebo get the real thing. I was told I had indeed received the real thing back in August.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you so much for being part of research!

Jan 22, 2021, 8:47 PM

Glad you got the real shot and not the placebo.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:58 PM

Hey Judge, did you ever have COVID? (or is it that if you have had it, you don’t need to get vaccinated?)

Sorry about the painful post vaccination ills, but hopefully it will be worth the immunity!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

No, I never had COVID.

Jan 22, 2021, 9:02 PM

We still aren’t sure how long antibodies last following COVID infection. It seems to vary from person to person.

The current recommendation is to get the vaccine, even if you’ve had COVID.

Great info. So are you a doctor or

Jan 22, 2021, 9:30 PM

Just wondering who is in the first group. I am right behind you.

Re: Great info. So are you a doctor or

Jan 22, 2021, 9:47 PM

Thanks for the info. I will be getting mine soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JK is right on this one. They originally thought I’d you had the disease you would have antibodies

Jan 23, 2021, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: I had my second COVID vaccine this week. ]

For at least 3 months. Now they think it’s at least 5. They recommend vaccine even if you had it and say you’re immunity should be better than either alone. They are saying not to get it for 3 months if you’ve received the antibodies for treatment though. I received both doses of Pfizer and had no reaction. Usually I do with the flu.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My niece, who is a nurse, had the exact same things

Jan 22, 2021, 10:38 PM

as side effects from the second shot. She kept her sense of humor, though, posted on Facebook "Better be worth it!" :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 11:42 PM

I get my second two weeks from today. My arm wasn't even sore from the first one. Glad to know that there might be some side effects from the second so I will be prepared. I got the Pfizer, but guess it doesn't make any difference regarding the second shot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 8:21 AM

Correct in that similar reactions on second shot happen 10-20% of the time. I does matter if you meant it doesn't matter which shot you get on second dose - must get the same one both times.

Jan 23, 2021, 12:45 AM

Dogmom and I snagged appointments today to get the first dose next Wednesday. Crossing fingers, toes, and Bowser's dew claws that the vaccine is actually there when the time comes. We be kinda old and wanting to get older. I can handle a day or two feeling crappy. Doesn't sound as bad as what the shingles vax did to us, anyway.

Jan 23, 2021, 10:08 AM

The shingles vax is a beast. The good news is the second one can be even much worse than the second. I have 2 physician friends who decided to bail on the second Shingrix vaccine as their first experience was so bad. I'm gonna do both, as getting shingles can be extremely painful and last a good while.

I had very little reaction to round one of the COVID Pfizer vaccine. I would encourage everyone to get it when they can. I want to see the Valley full and mask free come September!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 1:33 AM

Thanks for sharing. Real data beats the hell out of the media

even though I have had a very recent bout with Covid, I

Jan 23, 2021, 7:55 AM

still plan on getting vaccinated. I'm 52 and I'm not going to be in a rush until around summer. Going to let others who have not had the Covid or older get theirs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 10:17 AM

Good information. I had the first Pfizer vaccine with zero side effects other than very slightly sore at injection site. I worked like a Trojan the afternoon I got the shot so it didn’t bother me one bit. Get the second on Feb. 6th. Since my friends healthy brother died from Covid recently, I am more than grateful to get the vaccine and don’t mind some side effects.
I also got both Shingrix vaccines. Second dose did have some uncomfortable side effects but Ive also had shingles 5 times. If you ever have had that hell, you’d be more than thrilled to get the vaccine. Side effects are child’s play compared to the real thing.
Good luck to everyone getting signed up!

Got my second vaccine last Sunday

Jan 23, 2021, 1:02 PM

I had my second vaccine (Pfizer) last Sunday. Felt awful from Monday afternoon until Tuesday morning. Body aches, chills, headache, fatigue. Much better by Tuesday evening. Totally worth it. Had to see patients all day Monday and Tuesday. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to take Monday and Tuesday off if I could. But the vaccine is our way out of this mess so I'm hoping that everyone gets access to it soon and takes advantage of it!

Jan 23, 2021, 1:13 PM

Just as the warning I’ve seen, they are melting your DNA????

??????????????

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic