Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joey Galloway says 5 games enough for BigBore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 4,701

Joey Galloway says 5 games enough for BigBore

Oct 20, 2020, 7:45 PM

College Football Live was talking about BigBore playing 8 games in 8 weeks. If games are canceled during this time he says a team with only 5 games played total should be eligible for the playoffs lol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Bless his Heart.

Oct 20, 2020, 7:47 PM

What else can you say? He is a Buckynut, after all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bless his Heart.

Oct 20, 2020, 8:01 PM

It just proves that being stupid goes well with being a bucknut licker!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No ... strongly disagree. 8 games with a 9th championship OK***

Oct 20, 2020, 7:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joey Galloway says 5 games enough for BigBore

Oct 20, 2020, 7:48 PM

Why should they qualify w so few games? It is absurd

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 8:01 PM

isn't Clemson obviously qualified for the playoffs already? wouldn't you say that we have seen enough for us to qualify even if all the rest of our games get canceled?

it seems to me that 5 games tells you a LOT about a team. sometimes not enough, but other times, plenty. again, take the Tigers this year. haven't you seen enough to include them in the playoff??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 8:09 PM

Coot alert!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Joey Galloway says 5 games enough for BigBore ]

Oct 20, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Joey Galloway says 5 games enough for BigBore ]

Especially with the SEC playing 10, and the ACC playing 11. When they get their A$$ES kicked to sleep, then they will cry their hearts out that they didn't play enough game to get their younger guys enough experience for quality depth!!! Just another of the built in excuses they always use when the lose, and that is often. Maybe creating another losing excuse is a good thing for them bc they will need it!!!!

I’m not sure but

Oct 20, 2020, 8:38 PM

If a B1G wins all their games and look like a strong team, then bring them on.

Tigers aren’t scared, play anybody anytime!!! I would love to see our Clemson team kick the crap out of a B1G team

Like I told my coot running buddy today. If we have to have

Oct 20, 2020, 8:41 PM

a playoff with Clemson,Bama,Georgia,and TAMU...I would rather have that than let O310 in with 5 or 6 wins.

I don’t believe your story

Oct 21, 2020, 5:11 PM

Nobody from Clemson would have a coot buddy.

You can’t help family coots - but buddies? You can control.

Coworker, hamburger supplier, prison inmate, road crew sign guy, etc, but no buddy. Lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What happens if Ohio St. or Penn St. have to cancel a game?***

Oct 20, 2020, 8:48 PM

Yep,exactly my point with the coot running buddy. What if

Oct 20, 2020, 9:32 PM

O31O plays Northwestern,Purdue,Mich St,Iowa, and say Indianna...and then the Pennsylvania governor and the Wisconsin governor and the Michigan governor pull the plug....NO WAY THEY SHOULD GET IT. No Way.

Oct 20, 2020, 8:50 PM

Does that mean that any school that played more can throw out any games over five if they choose?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 20, 2020, 10:43 PM

Yep, it falls under the Mulligan Rule.

Oct 21, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Joey Galloway says 5 games enough for BigBore ]

Excellent point, everyone gets to throw out anything over 5, including their losses, only fair. Yeah I'm sure plenty of teams would agree to that starting with UGA and LSU.

I think it would put them at a big disadvantage

Oct 20, 2020, 9:18 PM

Especially vs a team like Clemson that builds depth through game experience. Sure the may be “fresher” but they’d also be “greener”. That said I’d be fine with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point, fresher doesn’t mean better

Oct 20, 2020, 9:31 PM

Game experience and getting your timing and game strength built up during a season helps. We have a 5 game head start, I think that experience will only help our Tigers.

As for deserving a playoff spot having played less than 8 games, I’m not sure ????? If they get 6 or 7 games played, are dominant, then sure bring them in. 5 games is just so few, a 1 loss 11 or 12 game schedule is more defining of a team. Tough calls will have to be made, it will be interesting

Ooooo!!!!

Oct 21, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to I think it would put them at a big disadvantage ]

We get to choose the 5 games we want to count and toss out the rest... makes sense, seems fair.

Re: Ooooo!!!!

Oct 21, 2020, 6:25 PM

If you are a SEC or Big fan, it really makes a lot of sense ;)!!!!

Makes sense

Oct 20, 2020, 9:34 PM

in Bizarro World

2020 is bizarro world

Oct 20, 2020, 9:37 PM

It’s a definite now. They win all their games, however many that is, they are in playoff

Sure they can be "eligible." Who cares?

Oct 20, 2020, 9:45 PM

Being eligible doesn't mean they would garner any serious consideration from the comittee.

Re: Sure they can be "eligible." Who cares?

Oct 21, 2020, 12:48 PM

Under bucknut rule
#1345.23-35B subset 34 line three
We are OHIO State- so we are automatically in the play off no matter of the numbers of games that we play-

They missed the fine print that states that once again they will not win against Clemson!
Foolish bucknuts!~

Oct 20, 2020, 10:44 PM

As long as one of them is a quality loss.

Oct 21, 2020, 12:17 AM

That’s not even the worst thing he said. He wants to expand the playoffs this year to include all conference champs plus some at large teams to smooth out the difference in games played. That would penalize ACC teams even more with 11 regular season games plus a conference championship plus a couple extra playoff games meanwhile BIG teams probably wouldn’t even play 10 games including playoffs.

The B1G might be in trouble with the way covid is fasttracking

Oct 21, 2020, 2:21 PM

In Ohio, Wisconsin, Indiana and starting to trend up in Illinois, wouldn't surprise me if the B1G gets canceled. Then the little buckies would really start crying.

Message was edited by: Illnoistiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. A 5-0 Big Ten tram should get in over any ACC team

Oct 21, 2020, 3:13 PM

with four or more losses.

null

If So Then Anyone Who Plays More Than 5 Drops However

Oct 21, 2020, 3:15 PM

Many games of their choice from their record and is judged by CFP by their 5 best games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 4,701
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic