Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,772

LSU

Nov 17, 2020, 7:16 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/lsu-needs-to-answer-for-its-bayloresque-institutional-rot-and-firing-ed-orgeron-should-be-the-first-step-233511286.html
https://s.yimg.com/os/creatr-uploaded-images/2020-08/df9809b0-e222-11ea-bf7f-dd2aaf1bae9a">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU

Nov 17, 2020, 7:23 PM

LSU is in the:
Sorry
Excuse
Conference

As long as they are in the sorry excuse conference - nothing will be done about it! Heck, they cancelled the Bama / LSU game. Had LSU had a top notch team - my gut feeling is it would not have been cancelled. Crazy as it sounds during all the Covid-19 cases. I know how it sounds; I get it. Just my feeling about it not wanting anyone to believe me. I'm likely very wrong - but.

Nothing will be done - because at the "it just means more" schools football rules and cash is king! It will get swept under the rug and nothing else said about it.
They leave all the follow the rules and do it the right way to the non "it just means more" teams! To them if you aren't cheating hard enough you aren't trying hard enough. This is why you look at a bunch of the non-NFL bound players who played for SEC schools and what they are doing after their eligibility is up! No morals!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sleaze-E-C***

Nov 17, 2020, 8:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ed is King of Womanbeaters Himself...Had Felony Charges

Nov 17, 2020, 7:31 PM

Against him at one point. Them dirty sister-lickin Cajun scum shoulda known they had themselves a rape-enabler in Dirty Ed. Shame on them. Not proven, but Joe B. probably never touched any women, that sweaty dude pretty sure likes boys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2020, 7:38 PM

This is low on the priority list since the state is trying to recover from 2 major hurricanes and 4 weaker hurricanes.

Coeds; beware!

Sad, but true.

Nov 17, 2020, 8:30 PM

Dadgum! That guy didn’t pull any punches.

Technically I think their favorite cheer could be considered sexual assault, so I guess it’s encouraged down there...sttdb.

Nov 18, 2020, 12:28 AM

Totally shocking...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this the same LSU that still employs Will Wade...

Nov 18, 2020, 8:01 AM

even after compelling evidence surfaced of numerous recruiting violations and his flippant attitude about getting caught cheating?

Of course, the latest allegations facing LSU (at least nine of Orgeron's players have been reported to police for sexual misconduct and dating violence, one of whom was accused of rape by two different women) are much more serious in nature. My bet is LSU will continue to do nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 18, 2020, 10:51 AM

Rape and sexual assault are not under LSU's policy...They are criminal in nature...If charges have been filed with the police and ignored, some Leo's should be in jail, also...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 11:26 AM

As much disdain as I have for LSU, I have to agree with this take. I am not in favor of teams and/or companies being expected to enforce the law. If accusations are serious, and crimes have allegedly been committed, then it is up to LAW ENFORCEMENT and the courts to determine guilt and issue punishment. Relying on educational institutions/corperations to investigate, try, and distribute punishment for alleged crimes is ripe for bias/favoritism. Alternatively, this continued trend and expectation of non-law enforcement bodies to act as judge, jury, and executioner often leaves due process by the wayside and gets innocent people hung out to dry. Its easier for institutions to avoid the negative press and cave to the mob peer pressure and assume guilt. This is a particularly scary trend in today’s corporate world. ‘Its not the truth that matters, its the seriousness of the accusation’ is a dangerous motto to follow when discerning guilt.

Nov 18, 2020, 11:41 AM

As much disdain as I have for LSU, I have to agree with this take. I am not in favor of teams and/or companies being expected to enforce the law. If accusations are serious, and crimes have allegedly been committed, then it is up to LAW ENFORCEMENT and the courts to determine guilt and issue punishment. Relying on educational institutions/corperations to investigate, try, and distribute punishment for alleged crimes is ripe for bias/favoritism. Alternatively, this continued trend and expectation of non-law enforcement bodies to act as judge, jury, and executioner often leaves due process by the wayside and gets innocent people hung out to dry. Its easier for institutions to avoid the negative press and cave to the mob peer pressure and assume guilt. This is a particularly scary trend in today’s corporate world. ‘Its not the truth that matters, its the seriousness of the accusation’ is a dangerous motto to follow when discerning guilt.

While I get what you are saying - I do not agree! In short what you are suggesting is kind of like saying: "the law should raise your kids as parents you shouldn't take part or be accountable for how they behave"! If that kid acts out just ignore it until a law enforcement officer shows up to your door!

No way!

That is just as dangerous in my opinion because you create a: "as long as I get away with it I'm good culture"! And guess what - they will continue getting away with it as long as they are blocking, tackling, running, catching, throwing and executing on the football field well at LSU!

It's called institutional control! Ask SMU about it and what it cost them. Baylor was a wisp away from it being enforced on them. Probably should have been as it seems very similar to LSwho! I respect your POV - I just disagree!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU ]

It may not be their job to investigate (I think it is), but it is certainly NOT their job to cover it up.

They are being accused of covering up potential crimes, which is a crime of its own.

I'm not sure there is a defense for covering up accusations. If the player is innocent, then it should be dealt with appropriately.

If the player is guilty, then they should suffer the consequences just as any other person should.

As I’ve said, January’s National Championship featured two

Nov 18, 2020, 11:32 AM

of the most culturally contrasting programs in history. Hat tip to their team because they were amazing on the field but I would not change places with their fan base for anything. It is a complete rot of a culture.

null

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,772
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic